Work experience

NinaJohnson
NinaJohnson Registered Posts: 2
I have recently completed the Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping Level 3 and I am now looking for some hands - on work experience before I can eventually become self employed. I'm looking for a few hours each week which I'm happy to undertake on a voluntary basis.

Does anyone have any help or advice on how I could go about this please? I have approached a couple of local accountants/bookkeepers but unfortunately they don't have anything available at the moment.

Many thanks.

Comments

• AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 🤖 Admin 🤖
    edited October 2018
    Where are you based @NinaJohnson? Try reaching out to your local branch for support if there's one near you.

There's a good article on the AAT blog too: How to gain experience when you can’t get work experience
  • NinaJohnson
    NinaJohnson Registered Posts: 2
    Thank you I will take a look at the article.

Can I ask what the local branch is please?

I am based in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
  • AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 🤖 Admin 🤖
    AAT Branches are run by volunteers and are a network of AAT professionals that meet up to host CPD events and connect with each other. If you're looking for a leg up in your area then definitely reach out. AAT West Yorkshire Branch.

More info on AAT Branches
  • CSan89
    CSan89 Registered Posts: 207
    They are great events to go to.
    AAT Level 2&3 - 2016
    AAT Level 4 - 2017
    Personal Tax, Business Tax and External Auditing

ACA/CTA -
    Certificate Level - Jan 2019
  • Jonno1
    Jonno1 Registered Posts: 63 Regular contributor ⭐
    I am interested in gaining voluntary work experience with helping start-ups, people wanting to start their own business, particularly helping them to prepare the financials for a business plan to be discussed with the bank/funding partners. Are there any charities which offer these kind of services?
Privacy Policy