Charity Accounts Work

Options
Hi All,

Does anyone know if AAT Accountant Licence allows for charity accounts work? Its not mentioned specifically on the licence and have checked the details of the various services on AAT website and again don't see it mentioned. If so, which is the appropriate schedule to use (small unincorporated charity).

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Hi @Gemwor

I believe charity accounts is covered by your licence. I don't provide this service myself but there is a recording of a webinar on this subject in the Knowledge Hub - just put "Charity accounts in 2018" in the search function.
  • davealucas
    davealucas Registered Posts: 140 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Yes you can. Charity Accounts are not that different to any other accounts. Providing you can get an understanding of the Charities SORP it is no problem. The SORP is based on FRS102.

AAT are also a recognised body for doing Independent Examinations (similar to but not quite an audit) of a Charities Statement of Financial Activities and Statement of Financial Position.
  • MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    Options
  • Gemwor
    Gemwor Registered Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks both for the prompt replies. I'll take a look at the knowledge hub and the link you sent Marie - thank you. I'm OK with the prep/SORP I think, I was mainly concerned about whether we were OK to do this type of work and how to properly document it in the engagement letter. I have also emailed membership support to clarify - I will update with their reply when I get it, just in case its useful clarification to anyone else
Privacy Policy