Is it worth leaving the Indirect tax Exam until last?

I've just passed my advanced bookkeeping exam and I've been planning ahead as i need to get fully AAT qualified ASAP.

Is it worth leaving the Indirect Tax exam until last as it isn't covered in the Synoptic exam?

I'm currently studying the FAPR exam, then if all goes well i'll sit the MMAC exam then the Synoptic... leaving the Tax exam until last

Is this a good idea, does it even make a difference?

Comments

• NorvydasNorvydas DevonMAAT Posts: 161
    @thelowendtheory18

It won't make any difference, as you will get qualified when all of the units are completed, therefore no matter what order you take the exams you will have to do them all.

The only benefit I can think of, is that you will still have fresher memory of the past units you've done so it might be more beneficial to take synoptic before Indirect Tax.

Personally I did them by following AAT layout and all was ok and had no issues with it.
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • thelowendtheory18thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 26
    I guess one other benefit is you can study the Tax exam while waiting for your synoptic results????
  • NorvydasNorvydas DevonMAAT Posts: 161
    @thelowendtheory18

Yes that's another benefit. I personally preferred to have all of the units completed so I have all of the required knowledge before I attempt the Synoptic (I know Indirect Tax is not included in synoptic but still I felt more comfortable knowing I am competent in this unit).
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.