Company Name Dilemma

Options
DannyT90
DannyT90 Registered Posts: 158
I am in the process of applying for my bookkeepers licence and want to start to provide bookkeeping services on the side of my full time job.

Thinking of a company name is harder then it seems and something I don’t just want to conjure up and regret later down the line.

Is using my personal name followed by AATQB and a sub heading of ‘Bookkeeping and Accounting Services’, still seen as a professional image as having a company name? So on a business card say, it would be:
Joe Bloggs AATQB
Bookkeeping and Accounting Services

Any feedback or opinions would be much appreciated.

Comments

• MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Hi @DannyT90

Have you read this recent article? It might give you some ideas.

https://forums.aat.org.uk/Forum/discussion/448189/aat-comment-how-to-choose-the-right-name-for-your-business#latest

Hope this helps
  • DannyT90
    Options
    Hi @MarieNoelle

Yeah I did see that, thank you.

What's your personal take on it?
  • MarieNoelle
    Options
    Unless you have a brilliant idea for a catchy name, your own name and surname is a safe option. This is what I did anyway...
  • DannyT90
    Options
    Thanks for you advice.

I'll be adding all the services available under the bookkeeping licence except Payroll, as in my current finance job, this is a role I haven't had to get involved in.

Do you have suggestions on how to gain experience on a service to enable to add it to your licence?
  • MarieNoelle
    Options
    I have used a mentor in the past to supervise my work. Maybe this is something you could look into?
  • DannyT90
    Options
    So I could offer the service with no experience but having a mentor will allow me to add it to my licence?
Privacy Policy