Home For AAT student members AQ 2016 Professional Diploma in Accounting General discussion - Professional level
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

What Options to take at Level 4?

I am currently working on management accounts, I am going to be starting my level 4 AAT very soon but need to pick two seperate options from my mandatory units. The optional units are;
-Credit management
-Cash management and treasury
-Business tax
-Personal tax
-External auditing

I would like to do CIMA when I have completed my level 4 as I really enjoy management accounts. Can I please have some advice on what options people would suggest would be the best for me to take?

thank you, I really appreciate it :)

Comments

• Emmalouise18Emmalouise18 Registered Posts: 188

I am currently working on management accounts, I am going to be starting my level 4 AAT very soon but need to pick two seperate options from my mandatory units. The optional units are;
    -Credit management
    -Cash management and treasury
    -Business tax
    -Personal tax
    -External auditing

I would like to do CIMA when I have completed my level 4 as I really enjoy management accounts. Can I please have some advice on what options people would suggest would be the best for me to take?

thank you, I really appreciate it :)

I took credit management and auditing. Auditing was a major help when sitting the synoptic. Both these 2 units cross over and the content is very similar. Auditing prepared me so well with the synoptic and I passed on my 2nd attempt when I've heard some people still attempting it on their 5th, 6th, 7th attempt.

:)
  • fedemennifedemenni MAAT, AATQB Posts: 94
    I personally did CTRM and External Audit, none of the 4 options are very much related to management accounts so just see what you like the most.
  • Bex_88Bex_88 Registered Posts: 10
    I did the tax modules. I also plan on doing CIMA but I don't feel like I've missed out on anything by not doing the other modules but I guess I'll wait and see!
    I don't know about the rest of you but whenever I tell anyone I'm studying accountancy the questions I get asked tend to be tax related! So I think it's good to have a basic knowledge.
  • amurrayamurray Feels At Home Registered, MAAT, AATQB Posts: 292
    I took both tax modules, this was due to wanting to gain a greater understanding for work purposes, but also by studying personal tax it allowed me to understand my own personal taxes.
    MAAT, AATQB, FIAB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
    Currently Studying: CIMA 'Operational Level'
  • JpearceJpearce Registered Posts: 6
    I am doing both tax units and will be going onto CIMA.

My reason for doing the tax units is due to CIMA not really covering tax and I didn't want a big gap in my skill set so I can provide evidence I took that into consideration and reduced the lack of knowledge.