What Options to take at Level 4?

I am currently working on management accounts, I am going to be starting my level 4 AAT very soon but need to pick two seperate options from my mandatory units. The optional units are;
-Credit management
-Cash management and treasury
-Business tax
-Personal tax
-External auditing

I would like to do CIMA when I have completed my level 4 as I really enjoy management accounts. Can I please have some advice on what options people would suggest would be the best for me to take?

thank you, I really appreciate it :)

Comments

• Emmalouise18
    Emmalouise18 Registered Posts: 237 Dedicated contributor 🦉

I am currently working on management accounts, I am going to be starting my level 4 AAT very soon but need to pick two seperate options from my mandatory units. The optional units are;
    -Credit management
    -Cash management and treasury
    -Business tax
    -Personal tax
    -External auditing

I would like to do CIMA when I have completed my level 4 as I really enjoy management accounts. Can I please have some advice on what options people would suggest would be the best for me to take?

thank you, I really appreciate it :)

I took credit management and auditing. Auditing was a major help when sitting the synoptic. Both these 2 units cross over and the content is very similar. Auditing prepared me so well with the synoptic and I passed on my 2nd attempt when I've heard some people still attempting it on their 5th, 6th, 7th attempt.

:)
  • fedemenni
    fedemenni Registered Posts: 93
    I personally did CTRM and External Audit, none of the 4 options are very much related to management accounts so just see what you like the most.
  • Bex_88
    Bex_88 Registered Posts: 10
    I did the tax modules. I also plan on doing CIMA but I don't feel like I've missed out on anything by not doing the other modules but I guess I'll wait and see!
    I don't know about the rest of you but whenever I tell anyone I'm studying accountancy the questions I get asked tend to be tax related! So I think it's good to have a basic knowledge.
  • amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I took both tax modules, this was due to wanting to gain a greater understanding for work purposes, but also by studying personal tax it allowed me to understand my own personal taxes.
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
  • Jpearce
    Jpearce Registered Posts: 6
    I am doing both tax units and will be going onto CIMA.

My reason for doing the tax units is due to CIMA not really covering tax and I didn't want a big gap in my skill set so I can provide evidence I took that into consideration and reduced the lack of knowledge.
Privacy Policy