Exam taken 05 Feb 2021

Options
2»

Comments

• livintiv
    livintiv Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Quite apart from the general moral and legal issues that made it objectionable, if I could go back in time and prevent the Enron thing (by knocking people's heads together if needs be) then I would absolutely do so - because I reckon that was the trigger for interminably dull Ethics modules now plaguing our studies! :p

I was resolutely stupid with PTAX and am now doing FSLC, which is tremendous fun! However the book is quite - I think "chonky" is the word we use for it these days. The material on the AAT Lifetime Learning Zone I like to use when I get tired of looking at a book, but I sometimes think I've found errors, and then I'm a bit like, "You cannot just toss that random number in there and not explain it!!". Which then means I need to make a cup of tea calm down.

So yeah, studies continue apace, really =)

EDIT: I work for a super place that sent me flowers on Friday to congratulate me! I wonder if I can post a photo, haha.
    MAAT - April 2022
    Currently working through ACCA
  • beckybroatch
    beckybroatch Registered Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi @livintiv @law1994 sorry I haven’t replied it’s been a whirlwind of a week for me aswell! So yes that is level 3 completed for me aswell and you are right it feels amazing to have the statement of achievement to say we did it! I haven’t actually moved onto level 4 yet. long story short I worked on cruise ships as a dancer and got sent home last year due to covid and so started self studying AAT to give me something to do as I always loved numbers and I wasn’t working! So I’ve plodded through my level 2 and 3 and I’ve just managed to land myself a job as a trainee accountant so I’ll either be moving onto aat level 4 or starting ACCA I’m not 100% sure my employer will let me know next week. So I’m taking some time off studying until I know what I’m doing! I did have a peek on AAT at the level 4 and hope I will finish this before moving to ACCA as I would like to have this qualification under my belt. I also think it will really help me once I am working with what I am studying as that has been the hardest part of level 3 never being able to put my studies into practice. Sorry for the extremely long post haha but that’s a round up so I officially start on Wednesday! So grateful I started studying with AAT as I never would have got the job without these qualifications so it really does pay off!

If you don’t mind me asking, what do you both do? Are you both working full time and studying? I’m so glad I made this post originally - it’s so nice to connect with you as we are all going through it together! X
  • livintiv
    livintiv Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    @beckybroatch that is one amazing career change! Brilliant!

I started Level 2 at a College whilst working in data analysis, and I hear you when you talk about wanting to put what you've learnt into practice. I had exactly the same, so when I got a temporary placement about a year ago I was very excited - and then 2020 really kicked in and it was a few months before I was offered my current job.

Do have a poke through the Level 4 bits on the Lifetime Learning Zone! I like watching the videos and hearing people's accents :lol:

As for post-Level 4, I think I've moved away from the goal I had a while back to go into the ATT/CTA tax pathway scheme, and I'm trying to gauge if ACCA or CIMA is the path for me.

Right now I'm working full-time in industry, and study in the evenings and at the weekends. I'm a total nerd, and have a brilliant and supportive manager, which all help.

There's a thread here about doing Level 4 or going straight on to ACCA, although it's a bit old by now so pinch of salt ahoy.

I'm glad you started this thread too! Having support from others helps so much, especially when you're studying independently. A couple of us from the original Level 2 course have a WhatsApp group and Zoom meetups each week and it really does help. We're all headed in the same direction and it's good to cheer each other on! :heart:
    MAAT - April 2022
    Currently working through ACCA
Privacy Policy