Home For AAT student members AQ 2016 Professional Diploma in Accounting General discussion - Professional level

Anybody else self studying aat level 4

Hi, I am currently self studying level 4 and just sat my management accounts budgeting exam. I was hoping I could make some friends in the same boat as me and we can help each other study amd improve as right now I have nobody to go over things with.
350b

Comments

• Debbiereynolds74Debbiereynolds74 Registered Posts: 5
    How did your exam go ? I did not finish mine - not sure why i am not quick enough? I know I can do everything it just seems to take me a long time ??
  • Tomal123Tomal123 Registered Posts: 4
    Hi, the exam wasn’t too bad, but yes I was extremely tight for time I only just finished using the full 2.5 hours, I avoided the written questions until I had done everything else, maybe that’s why you could not finish? Maybe you thought about the written questions for too long
  • livintivlivintiv Registered Posts: 57
    I'm pretty much self-studying - doing PLTX before starting on FSLC! B)
  • sophie_612sophie_612 LondonRegistered Posts: 127
    im also self studying have my FSLC on tuesday then onto MADC :)
    Tomal123
  • Tomal123Tomal123 Registered Posts: 4

im also self studying have my FSLC on tuesday then onto MADC :)

Nice I just started doing MADC today, it doesn't seem too bad
    I actually managed to pass with 73% on budgeting exam even though I didn’t finish. I am now studying financial statements- there seems to be a lot of information to remember 😖 does anyone have any useful acronyms Or mnemonics to help remember any of the definitions please ?
    Also any exam tips would be great, I always struggle with time so any strategies to help keep within the time frame would be greatly appreciated 😬
  • Emmalouise18Emmalouise18 Registered Posts: 235
    I self studied all of Level 4 pretty much as my college was absolutely useless. I found a private AAT tutor just before sitting my last 2 exams (Auditing and Synoptic) and passed it all back in October 2019.

I have notes and help but based on the previous pre-release for Synoptic, NOT veggie delights however the questions in the exam are pretty much the same just on a different company.

Let me know if anyone wants any help:)

Thank you

Emma
    350b
  • sophie_612sophie_612 LondonRegistered Posts: 127
    > @Emmalouise18 said:
    > I self studied all of Level 4 pretty much as my college was absolutely useless. I found a private AAT tutor just before sitting my last 2 exams (Auditing and Synoptic) and passed it all back in October 2019.
    >
    > I have notes and help but based on the previous pre-release for Synoptic, NOT veggie delights however the questions in the exam are pretty much the same just on a different company.
    >
    > Let me know if anyone wants any help:)
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Emma

I’d love any help to notes that you can give please I’m onto second attempt of MADC then have business tax and synoptic left still awaiting results of FSLC!
  • 350b350b Registered Posts: 11
    @Emmalouise18 Hello Emma,
    I hope you are well, I would appreciate any notes you have.

Thank you for being a help to the community.