Xero - Make purchase ledger more automated

I'm currently using Xero and we have a pretty manual purchase ledger process, we still print invoices, enter them onto Xero, put them in a folder and then once the payments are made, stamp and move the invoice to a paid folder.

I've set repeating bills up for our regular suppliers, but still have to review these before posting as the values and invoice numbers change. I tried using the e-mail function to forward supplier invoices to Xero but there's a huge delay and half of the info is missing, I found it quicker just printing the invoices and entering manually as per our current process.

Has anyone got any recommendations for updating the process, I really would like to stop printing invoices and holding them in physical files, it seems so old fashioned now.

Thanks for your time!

Comments

• Krisso
    Krisso Registered Posts: 124 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You dont need to print them. You can upload them as a PDF to the entry on Xero
  • Emma_H
    Emma_H Registered Posts: 5
    @Krisso I find the supplier notes area quite rubbish- We do get a lot of invoices that go on hold, so I wouldn't want to rely on just attaching a document to the posting.
Privacy Policy