Can you work as an AAT Licensed Accountant or Bookkeeper internationally?

Options
Rajan96
Rajan96 Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
Hi there,

I just wanted to know if it is possible for AAT members and qualified Accountants and Bookkeepers to be able to work with clients in the UK and around the world from outside the UK for example from India. Just wanted to know the possibilities.

Comments

• shamilkaria
    shamilkaria Registered Posts: 70 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi @Rajan96

In terms of running your business in the UK and working for clients abroad, you would need to read the rules and regulations for that country, such as how to submit their Tax Submissions etc.

In terms of working abroad lets say India, if you are ACCA / ACA or CIMA Qualified you can pretty much get a job worldwide only recently America and Canada I think you need to do CPA (Certified Public Accounting) exams as they dont seem to accept ACCA / ACA or CIMA for some reason. As for AAT you could use that to work globally too but would be difficult as it is recognised globally however not as much as ACCA or CIMA.

Kind regards

Shamil
  • Rajan96
    Rajan96 Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Thanks for your response @shamilkaria. What I want to do is move to India and be able to work with clients in the UK and internationally. Obviously, because I am unfamiliar with international laws outside UK, I will only help those clients with Bookkeeping. However, UK clients, I Want to be able to help them with personal tax returns, CT returns, Payroll etc.

My question was rather would AAT allow me to work under their umbrella as an AAT Licensed Accountant whilst staying in India or would they require me to work and stay in the UK? AAT customer advisor has told me once that you cannot do that, but just thought I would double check here to see if anyone has done it and AAT has allowed them.

• shamilkaria
    shamilkaria Registered Posts: 70 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi @Rajan96

Yh with this I think AAT would be best to advise on this and if they said no then you may not be able to. I would suggest speaking or finding an accountant in a very large organisation such as KPMG etc as they deal worldwide. Like how do they deal with international clients. Sorry couldn't be much help here.

Kind regards

Shamil
Privacy Policy