Couldn't find an 'introduce yourself discussion'

Options
Dilll
Dilll Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hey everyone,

I'm a small business owner hungry to up my accounting game! ? My mission is to earn an AAT qualification and improve my financial literacy with the hopes to continue running my own books as my business grows and expands.

Figured this forum is a good place to start with fellow number-crunchers. Any AAT pros around? I'm all ears for your tips and tales about making the leap from small business owner to financial wizard.

Let's swap stories, share wisdom, and make this accounting journey slightly less painful for me haha!

Comments

• AndrewLeyland
    AndrewLeyland Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    You starting with with level 3 or level 2? I found that a couple of level 2 modules set the ground work for everything else even if you don't plan to do the exams for them. What business you in? Also getting DEAD CLIC or PEARLS help a lot with understanding the majority of the basics in my opinion
    RegardsCiaran Andrew Leyland
  • RAKTHER
    RAKTHER Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi Dilll,
    Welcome to your AAT journey.
    You took the right decision to get an AAT qualification, it's not only about a qualification but also you can get a knowledge about real life business senario, which will really help you to do your own books and expand your business. You can get a better understanding about the financial controls like debtors, creditors even managerial issuses.

Wish you best of luck.

RAKTHER
    Training Coordinator, Osborne Training.

• buslaefff
    buslaefff Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Well, here is a little story from Alex,

Moved from Latvia to the UK 11 years ago without a word of English. Unfortunately, my thick Russian accent made it tough for anyone to understand me. Spent 6 years in London, starting as a dishwasher and working my way up to fine dining. Had to leave the catering scene due to health issues.

After that, I did a stint as a Buddhist monk for three years. Once I fulfilled my religious commitment, I moved to Leicester (cheaper than London) and started working at Foundry while tackling Maths and English GCSE.

Not sure how I ended up studying AAT, but my grandma insists I'm special, so I'm taking her word for it.

Privacy Policy