Can I get some help for Task 6 on business awareness.

Options
symsx
symsx Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
I keep getting this different type of question in the real exam and it’s nothing like the AAT mocks l. In the mocks you get given a scenario and graphs and explain how the business has done over the past 6 months, however in the real exam I don’t get this question and it’s something totally different and I don’t know how or answer it correctly. Has this happened to anyone else before ?

Comments

• shamilkaria
    shamilkaria Registered Posts: 70 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi @symsx

I haven't done this exam before but I wouldnt suggest try and practice from a range of sources, so the AAT mocks + your study guides + Open Tuition (see link below) has some good questions and answers you could use. Try to learn the concept not just the question and visuals. If you understand the concept even if they give you a different question it will give you a chance to be able to answer that question as you understand the theory.

https://opentuition.com/aat/

Hope this helps you out

Kind regards

Shamil
  • anony123
    anony123 Registered Posts: 423 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I get you, and the exam is much harder on the real AAT exam. I have done this one before and got 10/13 considering that my English is not the best. You just gotta write. I got 80% for this exam.
    The other practice assessments, mocks and resources are not like the real exam either so do not know how to help you.
  • anony123
    Options
    My question was on a cafe in a matrix form. And I assume if you have failed you must have seen this one. It is like the pestle analysis on task 2. If you know the content you have to change it to the scenario to get it right. Mine was similarities use words like: similarly, likewise and differences: in contrast, on the other hand, however etc.
  • symsx
    Options
    Thank you @shamilkaria , I will look into these !
  • symsx
    Options
    @anony123 I’ve done this exam like 3 times. Got 69%, 63%, 61%. Either it’s task 2 I do good then bad in task 6. Or it’s task 6 I do good and bad in task 2. All depending on the scenario. My task 6 was like sales and marketing with a description, hr and finance with a description etc, then I had to match the departments with with what they r each responsible for from the options. Then I had to write I think what graph each department should use for their info. It was very confusing
  • anony123
    Options
    3 times!!!!! Jheez, why have the results been going down?
  • shamilkaria
    Options
    @symsx

Could you ask for a breakdown of which areas going wrong then you could just focus on those areas. Just practice writing because in Level 4 there will be alot more writing required. Dont want to scare you but just letting you know in advance.
  • anony123
    Options
    Yh see the breakdown, totally agree level 4 has way more written work and each assessment takes 6 weeks to come through
  • symsx
    Options
    @anony123 ikkkk. I have no idea man. I’m so close tho which is even more annoying
  • symsx
    Options
    @shamilkaria yeah I will try and ask for a break down. I’ve heard level 4 has alot of writing.
    I wish they kept the old syllabus now
  • shamilkaria
    Options
    @symsx

Stay positive you will get there

I think if you log into AAT and go into your study section, in there you should see your exam results, click on it and it should provide you with a breakdown of areas you exceeded or passed or didn't pass etc. Focus on those areas.

Don't worry now about level 4, focus on this and you will see when you go forward you will get used to it so level 4 won't be as bad

Kind regards

Shamil
  • anony123
    Options
    Yh don’t worry the more you worry the more stress will be put on concentrate on task 2, task 4 and task 6. The other areas are quite simple. I struggled on task 3 for some reason. You must have come across the questions about the hens on task 2 and the matrix about cafes through the year for task 6.
  • anony123
    Options
    Just go login
    Go to see progress
    Then click on business awareness
    Task 1 /20
    Task 2 /18
    Task 3 /17
    Task 4 /10
    Task 5 /10
    Task 6 /13
    Task 7 /12
  • symsx
    Options
    @shamilkaria @anony123 Thank you guys so much for your help :) !!
  • anony123
    Options
    See it’s like this. I did not struggle on the English parts at all, it was just the cloud accounting that got me in a mess.
    Which areas do you think you need help on?
  • shamilkaria
    Options
    @symsx

No worries most welcome. Happy to try to help where I can. I hope you pass it next time round :-)

Kind regards

Shamil
  • symsx
    Options
    @shamilkaria thanks again !!
  • symsx
    Options
    @anony123 yes I get you. Task 1,5 and 7 I do good i’. It was task 6 and 3 I needed to improve on mostly.
    I’ll have to revise more on them.?
  • anony123
    Options
    @symsx happy here to help as well. All the tasks I was pretty good at, except task 3 like you. Task 3 still does not make sense and AAT word those questions in such a weird way but it is hard to understand. And tbh I don’t really care know as I have passed and that is what counts.
    Task 6 have you had the matrix on the cafes?
  • anony123
    Options
    And the PESTLE on the hens
  • symsx
    Options
    @anony123 yes exactly, the main thing is that you’ve passed which is good.
    I don’t think I’ve had the matrix question tbh
  • symsx
    Options
    @anony123 yes I think I have had the hens question
  • anony123
    Options
    Well then revise the matrix it is of a cafe you have to do the similarities and differences
  • symsx
    Options
    @anony123 what do u mean by similarities and differences? Isn’t task 6 meant to be about explaining how a business has done based on the info and the graphs given ?
  • anony123
    Options
    @symsx anything can come up. Look at the matrix in your book it is right at the back. Anything can come up tbh.
  • anony123
    Options
    Tbh I’m lucky to have got 11/13 on this task. Like the mocks are no where near like the real thing.
    Anything and anything can come up and you just have to prepare, is ur English weak?
  • symsx
    Options
    @anony123 yh true anything can come up. I just wish it wasn’t so hard.
    My English ain’t the best.

One time I got 10/13
    Another time I got 4/13 😭

All depending on the question I get
  • anony123
    Options
    Yh with another question I may have been really bad but you need 5-10 minutes to anaylse the data given to you and try and draw conclusions and ask yourself what does this information mean and tell me as well.
  • anony123
    Options
    I feel so sorry you have to take it the 4th time.
    If I were yoi, revise the PESTLE the cloud accounting (got 1/13), and task 6.
  • symsx
    Options
    @anony123 i know man.

Yh I will. Thank you so much for your help !
Privacy Policy