Osborne Books Tutorial

Options
MOSB
MOSB Registered Posts: 22 New contributor 🐸
I know this is a basic question but I was wondering if anyone could help explain how the answers to the question are as follows. My 1st day studying the subject after a few years out and i don't see how the answer is what is shown in the answers. No explanation which i think is really poor.

Can anyone help? Thanks

Comments

• anony123
    anony123 Registered Posts: 434 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Have you asked your teacher to go it through with you; or are you self studying?
  • MOSB
    MOSB Registered Posts: 22 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.

Self study. No teachers and studying from abroad too.

Why is the 6200 from 22/23 year paid in 1 hit. no instalments?

I get 23/24 - half the previous year in 2 instalments plus the remainder. fine.

24/25 - 5500, half the previous year in 2 installments. fine.

why is 23/24 paid in one hit?

The notes are not clear. "some"??? define some! why not in 23/24 but in other years.

Probably very easy but i am finding it frustrating.

• anony123
    Options
    Sorry haven’t done level 4 only 2 and 3.
    I would try if I did level 4
  • wilburnet
    wilburnet Registered Posts: 81 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    This is the problem with Osborne books, no real detail in the answers or explanations.
  • anony123
    Options
    That is really bad that they do not explain it well enough. @wilburnet Did you pass the management techibques
  • LucyWisniewski
    LucyWisniewski Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    @MOSB i think the reason why there are no instalments prior to 2022/23 is because that's the year he went self-employed, so his first POA (payment on account) will be the following January (2024) for the whole liability, but it is £8,500 less the £2,300 already paid on PAYE so = £6,200. Hope that's clear :)
Privacy Policy