Bank reconciliation struggles, is it a bad question?

kyleh1048
kyleh1048 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
https://kfknowledgebank.kaplan.co.uk/acca/chapter-12-bank-reconciliations

Ive done a level 3 book by Kaplan, but I still struggle a little bit with the concept and it's a short chapter.

I get; you add the outstanding and lodgements and deduct unpresented cheques, its more what to include in cash book reconciliation.

So I tried this exercise and have discovered my keyboard is waterproof as a result.

It asks for a reconciliation statement for Dec 1st, but the answer includes things from Dec 2nd.
Is this a thing I have not been made aware of?
Surely Dec 1st means Dec 1st.

in part 2 it randomly throws in an deposit difference of $1, but i dont see any way of us knowing that from the available statements?
Am i missing something?

Finally in part 3 it throws the same trick claiming a cheque is a bank error, but no indication this is the case prior to the answers.

It feels like studying with Kaplan is like being in an abusive relationship.
Am I missing anything or are the questions dodgy?

Thanks

Kyle

Comments

• anony123
    anony123 Registered Posts: 490 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I’m pretty sure this didn’t come up in mine last year. But it seems very complicated.
  • anony123
    The questions are not like this. In the exam assessment online there is a bank rec question. However, we covered this last year if you remember .
  • kyleh1048
    kyleh1048 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Terrible pointless posts that in no way address the question.
    What a total waste of time this forum is.
  • anony123
    Why didn’t you ask your teacher then?
  • anony123
    Well I wish you the very very best of luck for solving that question yourself.
Privacy Policy