Income thresholds

Evelin
Evelin Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
Hi all,
I'm studying the AAT course at foundation level but my two questions are not directly related to the course.

I am the new Treasurer of a growing church plant with a current annual income of £40,000 to £50,000. We do not own any property.
We are not yet required to be registered with the Charity Commission; instead we have "registered charity" status through our membership with the Baptist Union of Wales.

[1] Now at year's end I will have to write a financial report for 2007.
Is there any legally prescribed format for such a report at our level of income and where could I find the relevant information?

[2] So far we have only used an analysed bank account (Excel spreadsheet), not a full set of double-entry accounts.
Is there a threshold beyond which we will have to use double-entry?

Many thanks in advance.
Mrs Evelin Roshel

Comments

• nena
    nena Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    church accounts

hi Evelin,

i have some friends who i can ask about church accounts,
    i'll be seeing them over new year, if you fwd your email address via a pm
    i'll get them to contact you direct.

nena
  • Evelin
    Hi Nena,
    my email address is displayed as my user name: evelin@hroshel.ukfsn.org

Thanks for your efforts.
    Evelin
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    It is worth having a look at the Charities Commission website as they have all sorts of proformas and examples. Even if you don't have to do it yet - you might as well get into practice.

If you are covered by the registered charity status through your membership, presumably someone has to submit accounts to the Charities Commission, which will consolidate your accounts so you may be saving them a translation job by using the same format that they are going to have to.
  • Evelin
    Thanks

Hi,
    thanks for your comment. I have contacted the Charity Commission and they have sent me some relevant info.
    Thanks again
    Evelin
Privacy Policy