DFS - Different exams

mfernott
mfernott Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor โญ
Hi

I'm taking DFS later this year and notice on the website that there are past papers for standard, local gov't, central gov't and NHS.

Can someone explain? Do you have to choose one? Do you get assigned one randomly?

Thanks!
Martin

Comments

• peugeot
    peugeot Registered Posts: 624 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I think you can choose. It would be grossly unfair if someone sat DFS for Government when they work in practice.

Kind regards
    STeve
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    ...there are past papers for standard, local gov't, central gov't and NHS

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but I thought there were only two DFS papers, the first being the standard private sector one (and the most common) while the other is specifically geared for the three public sector organisations as you have written above.

No, they aren't assigned randomly so you need to make sure you'll be studying for the correct unit!
  • mfernott
    mfernott Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor โญ
    Thanks folks.

According to http://www.aat.org.uk/students/display/store4/item37065/ there are 4 paper, DFS, DFSL (Local), DFSC (Central) and DFSH (NHS)
  • peugeot
    peugeot Registered Posts: 624 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    There are few options to DFS - if you work in Industry/practice go for that one. If you work in local gov't go for that one but I wouldn't do a financial reporting paper for a sector which I didn't work in.

Take care which one you choose and make sure that your examination docket shows the variant you actually chose.

Kind regards
    Steve
Privacy Policy