Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 4 (Level 8 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

DFS - Different exams

mfernottmfernott Feels At HomeRegistered Posts: 32
Hi

I'm taking DFS later this year and notice on the website that there are past papers for standard, local gov't, central gov't and NHS.

Can someone explain? Do you have to choose one? Do you get assigned one randomly?

Thanks!
Martin

Comments

• peugeotpeugeot Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 624
    I think you can choose. It would be grossly unfair if someone sat DFS for Government when they work in practice.

Kind regards
    STeve
  • blobbyhblobbyh Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,415
    mfernott wrote: »
    ...there are past papers for standard, local gov't, central gov't and NHS

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but I thought there were only two DFS papers, the first being the standard private sector one (and the most common) while the other is specifically geared for the three public sector organisations as you have written above.

No, they aren't assigned randomly so you need to make sure you'll be studying for the correct unit!
  • mfernottmfernott Feels At Home Registered Posts: 32
    Thanks folks.

According to http://www.aat.org.uk/students/display/store4/item37065/ there are 4 paper, DFS, DFSL (Local), DFSC (Central) and DFSH (NHS)
  • peugeotpeugeot Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 624
    There are few options to DFS - if you work in Industry/practice go for that one. If you work in local gov't go for that one but I wouldn't do a financial reporting paper for a sector which I didn't work in.

Take care which one you choose and make sure that your examination docket shows the variant you actually chose.

Kind regards
    Steve