Sage Query

Jan
Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor 🐘
I want to use the Ex Ref when entering Purchase Invoices. I've done a couple as a test run, but can't see that part when I look on a suppliers activity or when I run a report, which rather defeats the object! Anybody any ideas? Using Sage 50 FC version 13

Many thanks

Comments

• shaxxa
    shaxxa Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi Jan
    I've had a quick look and cannot find a report which shows 'Ex Ref'.
    A bit bizarre really- why have it??:001_unsure:
    Sorry can't be of more help.

Sharon
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi Jan

As you have found out this cell does not come up on aged crditors etc.

I use 'Ref' for the supplier invoice number and I have used the 'Ex Ref' cell in the past to register job numbers and/or p/o numbers for suplier invoices, when not using the products or projects module.

But I then had to design a new report to bring in this information

Poodle
  • whiterose
    whiterose Registered Posts: 49 Regular contributor ⭐
    I had the same problem - you have to edit the report you want and then it's fairly straightforward to add in this extra field. I use it as my invoice ref and have amended the supplier day books report to show it.
  • Jan
    Thanks Poodle, that's just what I want to do, although I was hoping to be able to see what I wanted without having to run a report - v13 is so slow at that.

I've also noticed statements coming through that quote our ref and your ref so I presume that the statement has been edited a similar way.

Hey Whiterose - great part on the country you come from :thumbup:
  • King of the Mountains
    King of the Mountains Registered Posts: 66 Regular contributor ⭐
    One can see it but you just have to open the little square to left when you run the activity
  • Jan
    Thanks KOM, in v13 you have to click on "Show Details" and it does just that!
Privacy Policy