How do we think PEV went?

12346»

Comments

• Laura88
    Laura88 Registered Posts: 48 Regular contributor ⭐
    I think it is next Tuesday 24th June when the exam papers go online...but normally the answers don't go on straight away with them.
  • Bex
    Bex Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
    Don't the answers go on straight after the results are published?

I swear the answers take ages to go online - don't quote me on that though peeps! x
  • Laura88
    Bex, I think you are right. Damn it!! You just want to see the answers!!

x
  • Bex
    Bex Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
    No, I just want the results incase I need to re-take and start revising again for December! he he.

What a nightmare, in a way I don't want to see the answers lol xx
  • Andrewh26
    Andrewh26 Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    So can anyone remember about the FO volume variance? I just wasnt sure what to do for it in this case
  • AshSimcock
    AshSimcock Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    FO VOLUME WAS 4500 fav i think
  • Andrewh26
    Ah ok, but do you remember the calculation? Wasnt it a difference between budgeted and actual Fixed overheads of 5k and the oar was 450?
  • >Michaela<
    >Michaela< Registered Posts: 37 Regular contributor ⭐
    FO Volume variance (i think) was (budgeted units - actual units) x standard cost per unit which was, I can't remember any figures though.
  • Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    450 x 210 (act. prod.) = 94500
    450 x 200 (bud. prod.) = 90000

4500 favourable

Linked it to increased labour efficiency increasing production in the worded question
  • Andrewh26
    Units argh, stupid me, i think, erm well what did u get for actual cost of production then at end of operating statement?
  • >Michaela<
    £100,100 or something along those lines...
  • Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    £100,100 ish too. It reconciled.
  • Andrewh26
    I see, thanks, somehow i think i got about 108k, must have been something on the wrong side
  • Andrewh26
    Im a bit worried but know you still get a high percentage of marks available if the final answer is wrong but everything leading up to it is correct. It was like that with PTC, i was convinced id failed but passed
  • Andrewh26
    What about that little formula question asking to find values for june and july, think i got 177 and 179
  • LJ1
    LJ1 Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi!

I got the same answer to you as well - 177 and 179.

This is the first time I have tried responding so I'm hoping I am doing this right!
  • confused!!
    confused!! Registered Posts: 130 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I got 177 & 179 to!! didnt have a clue about part B though but hopefully will get some credit
  • mehmet
    mehmet Registered Posts: 113 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Agree with those.

Got part b) as 101.14 and 102.29
  • Andrewh26
    Aha mehmet, part b looks like what i got for the index values, i spoke to someone about that and he thought it was x 100 to get the index, but i thought it was the 1st value / 2nd value x the 1st. Sorry want to explain that better
  • LJ1
    LJ1 Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    I got the same answer to part b too!
  • Laura88
    For the formula question I got 177 and 179 too.

For the secon part, I got 101.14 and 102.29.

You just use the answers to the first part of the question (177 and 179) and then divide it by the base year value, in this case it was 175, then times by 100.

:001_smile:
  • NBB
    NBB Registered Posts: 125 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Has everyone checked there PEV answers against Sandy Hoods???? I'm gutted that 2.2 question is a big part of the exam which I did attempt but nothing like Sandy's!!
  • swampy1901
    swampy1901 Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    Having seen Sandy's version of answers- there are some answers that look familiar - but hopefully - having shown every calculation that I did - I'm hoping that I may pick up some extra marks that way (in the hope that I must just look like I know what I'm trying to talk about!!!):001_unsure:

But I still think I'll be back in December for a resit - but as I'm expecting to fail - I can't get too worked about August when then results come out.

Swampy
  • LouLou143
    LouLou143 Registered Posts: 74 Regular contributor ⭐
    swampy1901 wrote: »
    Having seen Sandy's version of answers- there are some answers that look familiar - but hopefully - having shown every calculation that I did - I'm hoping that I may pick up some extra marks that way (in the hope that I must just look like I know what I'm trying to talk about!!!):001_unsure:

But I still think I'll be back in December for a resit - but as I'm expecting to fail - I can't get too worked about August when then results come out.

Swampy

Yup just looked at them too....some answers are familiar and now 2.2 is so much clearer on what they wanted. Although got the answer of subcontracting out or not correct! If I don't pass, its no problem....at least I get to understand it better next time!
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    The way I look at it, if I have to resit (which I think I will on 2.2) I can look forward to not having something like this again - who knows I could get a paper more like the past ones!
  • >Michaela<
    Well. having reviewed the model answer from sandy hood I think I did ok, I got one part of section 2.2 wrong, I did attempt it though, I also calculated a ratio wrong. Im hoping I still did enough to pass though, what do you think?
  • LouLou143
    LouLou143 Registered Posts: 74 Regular contributor ⭐
    >Michaela< wrote: »
    Well. having reviewed the model answer from sandy hood I think I did ok, I got one part of section 2.2 wrong, I did attempt it though, I also calculated a ratio wrong. Im hoping I still did enough to pass though, what do you think?

Same with me...just got a bit wrong in 2.2......I suppose no dwelling on it now....whats done is done!!
Privacy Policy