Jokes for a boring afternoons work

A-Vic
A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Thought id cheers you all up with a couple please add any :001_smile:

When I went to lunch today, I noticed an old lady sitting on a park bench sobbing her eyes out. I stopped and asked her what was wrong. She said, "I have a 22 year old husband at home. He makes love to me every morning and then gets up and makes me pancakes, sausage, fresh fruit and freshly ground coffee."

I said, "Well, then why are you crying?"

She said, "He makes me homemade soup for lunch and my favorite brownies and then makes love to me for half the afternoon."

I said, "Well, why are you crying?"

She said, "For dinner he makes me a gourmet meal with wine and my favorite dessert and then makes love to me until 2:00 a.m."

I said, "Well, why in the world would you be crying?"

She said, "I can't remember where I live!"
ยซ1

Comments

• A-Vic
    A funeral service is being held for a woman who has just passed away. At the end of the service, the pall bearers are carrying the casket out when they accidentally bump into a wall, jarring the casket. They hear a faint moan. They open the casket and find that the woman is actually alive! She lives for ten more years, and then dies. Once again, a ceremony is held, and at the end of it, the pall bearers are again carrying out the casket. As they carry the casket towards the door, the husband cries out, "Watch that wall!"
  • A-Vic
    Two elderly women were eating breakfast in a restaurant one morning. Ethel noticed something funny about Mabel 's ear and she said, '" Mabel , do you know you've got a suppository in your left ear?"

Mabel answered, "I have a suppository in my ear?"

She pulled it out and stared at it. Then she said, " Ethel , I'm glad you saw this thing. Now I think I know where to find my hearing aid."

(hey bit of a theme happening here lol)
  • Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Little Bruce and Jenny are only 10 years old, but they know they are in love.
    One day they decide that they want to get married, so Bruce goes to Jenny's father to ask him for her hand.

Bruce bravely walks up to him and says, 'Mr. Smith, me and Jenny are in love and I want to ask you for her hand in marriage.'

Thinking that this was just the cutest thing, Mr. Smith replies, 'Well Bruce, you are only 10. Where will you two live?'

Without even taking a moment to think about it, Bruce replies, 'In Jenny's room. It's bigger than mine and we can both fit there nicely.'

Still thinking this is just adorable, Mr. Smith says with a huge grin, 'Okay then how will you live? You're not old enough to get a job. You'll need to support Jenny.'

Again, Bruce instantly replies, 'Our pocket money. Jenny makes five quid a week and I make 10 quid a week. That's about 60 quid a month and that should do us just fine.'

Mr. Smith is impressed Bruce has put so much thought into this. 'Well Bruce, it seems like you have every thing figured out. I just have one more question. What will you do if the two of you should have little ones of your own?'

Bruce just shrugs his shoulders and says, 'Well, we've been lucky so far.'
  • Scorpion_King
    Scorpion_King Registered Posts: 5 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Lol

LOL, I couldnt stop laughing after reading those! :lol:

Where did u get em from, r they from the net? :thumbup:
  • A-Vic
    Hey king

they got sent to me by email - like yours too cullen :lol:
  • Cullen
    Here's another one for you. (My boss trawls the net and sends them to me...)

A maid asked for a pay increase.

The wife was very upset about this and asked: 'Now Maria, why do you
    want a pay increase?'

Maria: 'Well Seรฑora, there are three reasons why I want an increase.
    The first is that I iron better than you.'
    Wife: 'Who said you iron better than me?'
    Maria: 'Your husband said so.'
    Wife: 'Oh.'

Maria: 'The second reason is that I am a better cook than you.'
    Wife: 'Nonsense, who said you were a better cook than me?'
    Maria: 'Your husband did.'
    Wife: 'Oh.'

Maria: 'My third reason is that I am a better lover than you.'
    Wife (really furious now): 'Did my husband say that as well?'
    Maria: 'No Seรฑora, the gardener did.'
  • Shadow
    Shadow Registered Posts: 24 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Lollllllllllllllll! :laugh:

:lol:
  • Pencil
    Pencil Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor โญ
    Are your eyes in straight?!

I
    cdnuolt
    blveiee
    that I cluod
    aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg.
    The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde
    Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in what oredr the
    ltteers in a word are, the olny
    iprmoatnt tihng is that the
    first and
    last ltteer be in
    the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can
    still raed it
    wouthit a porbelm. This is bcuseae the
    huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the
    word as a wlohe.
    Amzanig huh?
  • Shadow
    I cant believe i was able to read that. Lol!:cool2:
  • Scorpion_King
    Scorpion_King Registered Posts: 5 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Thats Amazing!:huh:
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Wow, thought I was still a bit hungover. LOL!!
  • A-Vic
    Yeah - ive seen that before its amazing how you can read it - in my case better than the exam paper in december lol
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I just thought that the spelling round these parts had become worse than normal. Slightly.
  • A-Vic
    :laugh:
  • Cullen
    Just got sent this one, for all the others with a couple of points on their licence.....

A driver is pulled over by a policeman. The police man approaches the driver's door.

"Is there a problem Officer?"

The policeman says, "Sir, you were speeding. Can I see your licence please?"

The driver responds, "I'd give it to you but I don't have one."

"You don't have one?"

The man responds, "I lost it four times for drink driving."

The policeman is shocked. "I see. Can I see your vehicle registration papers please?"

"I'm sorry, I can't do that."

The policeman says, "Why not?"

"I stole this car."

The officer says, "Stole it?"

The man says, "Yes, and I killed the owner."

At this point the officer is getting irated. "You what!?"

"She's in the boot if you want to see."

The Officer looks at the man and slowly backs away to his car and calls for back up. Within minutes, five police cars show up, surrounding the car. A senior officer slowly approaches the car, clasping his half drawn gun.

The senior officer says "Sir, could you step out of your vehicle please!"

The man steps out of his vehicle. "Is there a problem sir?"

"One of my officers told me that you have stolen this car and murdered the owner."

"Murdered the owner?"

The officer responds, "Yes, could you please open the boot of your car please?"

The man opens the boot, revealing nothing but an empty boot.

The officer says, "Is this your car sir?"

The man says "Yes," and hands over the registration papers.

The officer, understandably, is quite stunned. "One of my officers claims that you do not have a driving licence."

The man digs in his pocket revealing a wallet and hands it to the officer. The officer opens the wallet and examines the licence. He looks quite puzzled. "Thank you sir, one of my officers told me you didn't have a licence, stole this car, and murdered the owner."

The man replies, "I bet you the lying b.....d told you I was speeding, too!"
  • Pencil
    Pencil Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor โญ
    lol - that's fantastic, I shall have to remember that one!
    :lol:
  • Shadow
    LOL!!!!:lol:
    Dats a really good 1!:thumbup1:
  • MAAT
    MAAT Registered Posts: 16 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I spent all my money on a sleek new Mercedes roadster and was out on the motorway for an evening cruise. The top was down, the breeze was blowing through my hair and I decided to open her up. As the needle jumped up to 80mph, I suddenly saw a flashing red and blue light behind me.

'There's no way they can catch me,' I thought to myself and opened her up further. The needle hit 130, with the lights still behind me. 'What on earth am I doing?' I thought and pulled over.

The cop came up to me, took my licence and examined it. 'Listen mate,' said the cop. 'I've had a tough shift and this is my last pull over. I don't feel like more paperwork so if you can give me an excuse for your driving that I haven't heard before you can go!
    'Last week my wife ran off with a cop,' I said, 'and I was afraid you were trying to give her back!'

'Have a nice night', said the officer.
  • MAAT
    Funny domain names

Maybe these companies should have thought a little more laterally about their domain names:

Firstly there is "Who Represents", a database for agencies to the rich and famous:
    www.whorepresents.com

Second is the "Experts Exchange", a knowledge base where programmers can exchange advice and views:
    www.expertsexchange.com

Looking for a pen? Look no further than "Pen Island":
    www.penisland.net

Need a therapist? Try:
    www.therapistfinder.com

And there is an Italian Power-Generation company:
    www.powergenitalia.com

Finally we have the "Mole Station Native Nursery", based in New South Wales:
    www.molestationnursery.com
  • MAAT
    Best "Out of Office" Replies

1. I am currently out at a job interview and will reply to you if I fail to get the position. Be prepared for my mood.

2. You are receiving this automatic notification because I am out of the office. If I was in, chances are you wouldn't have received anything at all.

3. I will be unable to delete all the unread, worthless emails you send me until I return from holiday on 4 April. Please be patient and your mail will be deleted in the order it was received.

4. Thank you for your email. Your credit card has been charged ยฃ5.99 for the first ten words and ยฃ1.99 for each additional word in your message.

5. The e-mail server is unable to verify your server connection and is unable to deliver this message. Please restart your computer and try sending again.'(The beauty of this is that when you return, you can see how many in-duh-viduals did this over and over).

6. Thank you for your message, which has been added to a queuing system.. You are currently in 352nd place, and can expect to receive a reply in approximately 19 weeks.

7. I've run away to join a different circus.

AND, FINALLY, THIS ONE TAKES THE CAKE:

8. I will be out of the office for the next 2 weeks for medical reasons.. When I return, please refer to me as ' Margaret ' instead of 'Steve'.
  • MAAT
    How to call the police

George, from Liverpool, was going up to bed when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. George opened the back door to go turn off the light but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.

He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?" and he said "no". Then they said that all patrols were busy, and that he should simply lock his door and an officer would be along when available. George said, "Okay," hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police again.

"Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people in my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now cause I've just shot them all." Then he hung up.

Within five minutes three police cars, an Armed Response unit, and an ambulance showed up at the Phillips residence. Of course, the police caught the burglars red-handed.

One of the Policemen said to George: "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"

George said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"
  • MAAT
    Irishman walkes into a bar...

An Irishman walks into a bar in Dublin, orders three pints of Guinness and sits in the back of the room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn.

When he finished all three, he comes back to the bar and orders three more. The bartender says to him, "You know, a pint goes flat after I draw it; it would taste better if you bought one at a time."

The Irishman replies, "Well, you see, I have two brothers. One is in America, the other in Australia, and I'm here in Dublin. When we all left home, we promised that we'd drink this way to remember the days we all drank together."

The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it there. The Irishman becomes a regular in the bar and always drinks the same way: he orders three pints and drinks the three pints by taking drinks from each of them in turn.

One day, he comes in and orders two pints. All the other regulars in the bar notice and fall silent.

When he comes back to the bar for the second round, the bartender says, "I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your great loss."

The Irishman looks confused for a moment, then a lights dawns in his eye and he laughs. "Oh, no," he says, "Everyone is fine. It's me..."

"...I've quit drinking!"
  • MAAT
    Hangover

Jack wakes up at home with a huge hangover he can't believe. He forces himself to open his eyes, and the first thing he sees is a couple of aspirin next to a glass of water on the side table. And, next to them, a single red rose!

Jack sits down and sees his clothing in front of him, all clean and pressed. Jack looks around the room and sees that it is in perfect order, spotlessly clean. He takes the aspirins, cringes when he sees a huge black eye staring back at him in the bathroom mirror, and notices a note on the table:

"Honey, breakfast is on the stove, I left early to go shopping--Love you!"
    He stumbles to the kitchen and sure enough, there is hot breakfast and the morning newspaper. His son is also at the table, eating.

Jack asks "Son...what happened last night?"
    "Well, you came home after 3 am, drunk and out of your mind. You broke some furniture, puked in the hallway, and got that black eye when you ran into the door."

"So, why is everything in such perfect order, so clean, I have a rose, and breakfast is on the table waiting for me?" His son replies,"Oh THAT! Mum dragged you to the bedroom, and when she tried to take your trousers off, you screamed, "Leave me alone, you tart, I'm married!

Broken furniture ยฃ85.26
    Hot Breakfast ยฃ4.20
    Red Rose bud ยฃ3.00
    Two Aspirins ยฃ0.38
    Saying the right thing, at the right time.........Priceless
  • MAAT
    US Navy Stupidity

This is the transcript of an actual radio conversation between a US Naval ship and the Canadians, off the coast of Newfoundland, in October 1995.
    CANADIANS: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South, to avoid collision.
    AMERICANS: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the North, to avoid a collision.
    CANADIANS: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.
    AMERICANS: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.
    CANADIANS: Negative. I say again, you will have to divert your course.
    AMERICANS: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USLINCOLN, THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS, AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH, SAY AGAIN, THAT'S 15 DEGREES NORTH, OR COUNTERMEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.
    CANADIANS: We are a lighthouse. Your call.
  • MAAT
    Pick-up lines and refusals

Bond. James Bond.
    Off. P*ss off.

Hello.
    Goodbye.

You're irresistible.
    You're resistible.

What's it like being the most attractive person here?
    You'll never know.

Do you kiss with your eyes closed?
    I would if I were kissing you.

Are your legs tired? You've been running through my mind all day.
    Yes - I was looking for a brain cell.

I think I could make you very happy.
    Why, are you leaving?

Where have you been all my life?
    What do you mean - I wasn't even born for the first half of it.

I'm sure I've noticed you before.
    I'm not sure I've even noticed you yet.

Kiss me and I'll tell you a secret.
    I know your secret - I work at the clinic.
  • MAAT
    Bizarre events

Look what happens when a President gets elected in a year with a "0" at the End. Also notice it goes in increments of 20 years.
    1840 William Henry Harrison (died in office)
    1860 Abraham Lincoln (assassinated)
    1880 James A. Garfield (assassinated)
    1900 William McKinley (assassinated)
    1920 Warren G. Harding (died in office)
    1940 Franklin D. Roosevelt (died in office)
    1960 John F. Kennedy (assassinated)
    1980 Ronald Reagan (survived assassination attempt)
    2000 George W. Bush????????????
    And to think that we had two guys fighting it out in the courts to be the one elected in 2000.

You might also be interested in this. Have a history teacher explain this if they can.

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
    John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.
    John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.
    Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
    Both Presidents were shot in the head.

Now it gets really weird.

Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.
    Kennedy's Secretary was named Lincoln.

Both were assassinated by Southerners.
    Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.
    Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839.
    Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.

Both assassins were known by their three names.
    Both names are composed of fifteen letters.

Now hang on to your seat.

Lincoln was shot at the theater named 'Ford.'
    Kennedy was shot in a car called 'Lincoln' made by 'Ford.'

Lincoln was shot in a theater and his assassin ran and hid in a warehouse.
    Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin ran and hid in a theater.

Booth and Oswald were both assassinated before their trials.

And here's the kicker . . .
    A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland
    A week before Kennedy was shot, he was in Marilyn Monroe.
  • MAAT
    I'm not happy

This morning on the way to work, I rear-ended a car at a traffic light when I wasn't really paying attention.
    When the driver got out... I noticed that he was a dwarf!
    He steamed up to my car and said, 'I'm not happy...', So I said, 'Well, which one are you then?'
  • MAAT
    Mensa is an organization whose members have an IQ of 140 or higher. A few years ago, there was a Mensa convention in San Francisco, and several members lunched at a local cafe. While dining, they discovered that their saltshaker contained pepper and their pepper shaker was full of salt. How could they swap the contents of the bottles without spilling, and using only the implements at hand? Clearly this was a job for Mensa! The group debated and presented ideas, and finally came up with a brilliant solution involving a napkin, a straw, and an empty saucer. They called the Blond waitress over to dazzle her with their solution.
    "Ma'am," they said, "we couldn't help but notice that the pepper shaker contains salt and the salt shaker contains pepper..."
    "Oh," the blond waitress interrupted.
    "Sorry about that."
    She unscrewed the caps of both bottles and switched them!
  • MAAT
    Lost Wife

Two guys are moving about in a supermarket when their carts collide. One says to the other, "I'm sorry - I was looking for my wife."

"What a coincidence, so am I, and I'm getting a little desperate."
    "Well, maybe I can help you. What does your wife look like?"
    "She's tall, with long hair, long legs, firm boobs and a tight ass. What's your wife look like?"

"Never mind, let's look for yours!"
  • MAAT
    John

The manager of a large office noticed a new man one day and told him to come into his office. "What is your name?" was the first thing the manager asked the new guy.

"John," the new guy replied.

The manager scowled, "Look, I don't know what kind of a namby-pamby place you worked at before, but I don't call anyone by their first name. It breeds familiarity and that leads to a breakdown in authority. I refer to my employees by their last name only - Smith, Jones, Baker - that's all. I am to be referred to only as Mr. Robertson. Now that we got that straight, what is your last name?"

The new guy sighed and said, "Darling. My name is John Darling."

"Okay, John, the next thing I want to tell you is..."
Privacy Policy