advice

ammaji
ammaji Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
Hi friends

I am new thise flowder can any one give little advice to me? first upall i am saying sorry to my boring easy.

i am currently finished my AAT EXAMS final year and i have one more exam.
now i am looking for jobs trinee accountant, assistant accountant,adiminstrative roles, i worked one year in volunteer center in 2006-2007 now i am not working.now i have experiance gap.i have cleared few interviews but not successful.now is it better to join in volunteer jobs.
or shall i keep tring jobs.could adive to me which one is best.i have very nervous and i can not decided.

thank you

Comments

• jorja1986
    jorja1986 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Please do not take offence but improving your english skills would help towards employability. I found your thread quite difficult to understand.

I would do some volunteer work as you will get experience and show to future employers you are willing to do aything.
  • aatfree
    aatfree Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor ⭐
    I agree with the poster above. Do improve your written English skills. Employers will take this as a sign that you have poor attention to detail and can't add up.

Volunteer work in Finance will give you valuable experience while you are applying for jobs.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Cv Cv Cv

Hi,

All i can advise at the moment is proof read everything you write - and make sure your CV is upto date. Apply to agencies, accountancy practises and even speak to friends and people you know.

Am really sorry to say but if was a potential employer and recevied a covering letter (which i have) in the same style, i wouldn't even get passed the first page.

I dont want to come across as agorgant my spelling is awful most of the time - but i have held lots of interviews and had to choose between hundreds of CV's and spelling mistakes are the first thing we look at.

I wish you the best of luck in your future :001_smile:
  • sanju158
    sanju158 Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Regarding Job Search

Hello, I am also looking for a first job in finance, and despite having a 2.1 degree, and not having to resit any exams its been very very difficult to get interviews.
    I have got 5 interviews in about 2 years and needless to say they havent got me the job, but I have only got two more units to go before I complete the AAT course, I mean why cant they give someone a chance I am working in Medical research, and studying after work surely that show a passion for a career change and a can do attitude.
    I have many transferable skills which I would bring with me.

I hope I have not wasted my time and money by doing this course!

Sanjay
  • aatfree
    aatfree Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor ⭐
    What subject is your degree in? What jobs have you been applying for? Having experience is very important in Finance. If you have no experience then that could be a possible reason why you are being turned down.
    I wouldn't say you've wasted your time because aat is a good qualification to have however with your degree you may have been better to have applied for the graduate trainee accountancy schemes. On a graduate trainee scheme the company pays for your tuition and gives you all the required work experience.
Privacy Policy