DFS appeal??

louisemush
louisemush Registered Posts: 6 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
I have failed DFS, and I was very surprised as I felt I had done so well in the exam. Has anyone ever appealed against a mark? I know it costs about ยฃ42 but I am not sure if it is worth it? Please help. Thank you. :001_smile:
ยซ1

Comments

• coocoocadgoo
    coocoocadgoo Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor โญ
    I've never done it, and I'm sure they don't make it easy however... if you really feel like they've not marked you properly I say ยฃ42 is worth it! You have to pass that more or less to sit the exam again, and think of the hours of study you'll have to put in!
    Good luck :)
  • wayneys929
    wayneys929 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Think its probably worth looking at the suggested answers to then gauge how you done before appealing??
  • louisemush
    louisemush Registered Posts: 6 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Thats a good idea actually, does anyone know when these are on the website?
  • leegareththomas
    leegareththomas Registered Posts: 8 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I know people who have appealed and had the results reversed! and if your appeal is successful you will be refunded the ยฃ 42
  • Poppy
    Poppy Registered Posts: 105 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I will be appealing DFS as well, can't understand how I can have got everything to balance and then know most if not all of the second section and failed.

Good luck to all, lets face it ยฃ42 for piece of mind is nothing :thumbup1:
  • Raet8
    Raet8 Registered Posts: 12 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Im asking for my paper back as i failed the second section of DFS. I knew I had got two of the ratios wrong as i went blank so i want to know where else i went wrong and if i have grounds to dispute it.....:confused1:
  • stevenbcfc
    stevenbcfc Registered Posts: 19 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Appeal DFS

I really felt that i had passed this paper as everything balanced and i had revised my ratio's well and used various ones a couple of days earlier on the PEV paper. Im definately going to appeal even if it isn't overturned i will have piece of mind and maybe an advantage for december sittings.
  • helen.w
    helen.w Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I failed the second section of DFS as well and have decided to appeal. If nothing else, this will provide feedback for the re-sit.
  • helenws
    helenws Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    appeals

Hi Guys
    i appealed against my pev result in December having failed part 2 however my resuklt still stood and i have to resit the exam again what they do tell you if have much you failed by mine was 3% and also they advise where you whet wrong mine was not giving enough of an answer for their liking:mad2: still i will try again.
    i now also have dfs to resit having failed on part 2 :huh: but after speaking to my college 6 in my class failed dfs all of us failing on part 2

keep smiling and just try again don't let it get you down.:001_smile:
  • Poppy
    If you go to your e-mail confirming your results there's an e-mail address for appeals and the automated response has the form on it and I'm filling it in now. The AAT chap I spoke to early said loads of people have rung into complain about PEV so lets keep it up guys and make them change this!!!!
  • IDS
    IDS Registered Posts: 11 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Don't inderstand how I can have failed part 2 of DFS when there is nothing substantial there, have sent the e-mail asking for a review of the script and will await the model answers (hopefully this weekend) before deciding what to do further. If an appeal is ยฃ42 then its cheaper to just resit the whole thing in December...
  • Poppy
    Without trying to sound funny, money isn't the issue. I spent a lot of time and 100% effort into those papers. If I failed in June I don't expect to know more in December and I personally believe each exam sitting the paper gets harder and if I don't feel I should have to resit it then I'll fight tooth and nail for my corner.
  • IDS
    IDS Registered Posts: 11 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Sorry Poppy, I did not mean to imply that money is an issue.

I know what you mean about applying 100% in the exams, many of my colleagues can't beleive that I was not successful in both papers and I was gutted when I saw 'UN' in front of the word I normally get.
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    although i passed dfs today but let me tell u all that it was 2.2 on which i was failed last time bcoz i havent wrote assest - liability = equity and this time around i did that a part from that my all paper was same as dec sitting . Last time instead of writing accounting equation i wrote some crap of my own
  • lisad5
    lisad5 Registered Posts: 21 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hey, I also failed the second section of DFS as did a friend of mine and we are both going to appeal.

My argument is that section two was only 2 questions compared to section 1 therefore is not a balanced section with regards to marking and was only a 55 min question. So in theory if you passed the first section you had passed two thirds of the paper....well that my argument and im sticking to it!
  • Raet8
    Raet8 Registered Posts: 12 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hi does anyone know the answer??? When filling out the appeals email do you have to get your tutor or boss to complete part of it? Its just I taught myself then did a revision course so I dont have a tutor and the boss is off sunning himself????:confused1:
  • Joanne
    Joanne Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Dfs

I also failed DFS on section 2, I presume the question on the Framework as I swatted loads on the ratios and was confidentwith them.

I agree with the comments stating that on 2 silly questions you can fail a HUGE exam paper. Seems very unfair. I did in the question waffle about the accounting equation and can only think that I didn't go into as much detail as they required. How much can you waffle on really?

The worse thing was on section 1 I got in a tizz over the consolidated balance sheet and it did not balance although I went out of my way to show calculations to back up my logic, on leaving the exam I expected to fail in that section if any, to get the result of failing section 2 was absolutely gutting. I'm sure many of you are feeling the same. I have passed all Exams and all Sims from level 2 this is the first exam I have failed..!!! Now I have another 8 months before I can get another exam result to complete Technician.(If I pass!!!)
  • mags10000
    mags10000 Registered Posts: 11 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    DFS section
    lisad5 wrote: ยป
    Hey, I also failed the second section of DFS as did a friend of mine and we are both going to appeal.

My argument is that section two was only 2 questions compared to section 1 therefore is not a balanced section with regards to marking and was only a 55 min question. So in theory if you passed the first section you had passed two thirds of the paper....well that my argument and im sticking to it!

I also failed section 2 of DFS and I am gutted as this is the second time I have failed on section 2, and I also think that you have to do a lot more work on section 1
  • confused!!
    confused!! Registered Posts: 130 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi

Just out of interest, in section 2 did you recommend to the customer to invest in the company or to not invest?
  • stevenbcfc
    stevenbcfc Registered Posts: 19 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    DFS Appeal

I looked at the paper again before i sent off my appeal in which you do need either a tutor or employer to write a brief explanation as to why you're appealing. I know i did the ratios right meaning i could have only failed on 2.2 frameworks question, but how can they fail you for that when in the rest of the paper you've demonstrated you know your way around a P&L account and balance sheet??

Maybe in 4 weeks i shall know whether my appeal has been successful or not! I hope they overturn it! Spec if lots of people appeal.
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ

But it quite clearly states that you have to pass both sections, so even if you got 100% in section 1 and you were below the pass rate for section 2 you would still be unsuccessful.

I wish you guys the best of luck in your appeal!
  • umerali2003
    this was the same thing happend with me in dfs in dec sitting that i messed up task 2.2 and i never wrote the accounting equation and instead of that i wrote some thing of my own and i thought that the last small question will not make any difference 2 my over all competence but when the result came i failed the 2nd section and i was absolutely gutted that i balanced my all things in section 1 and my ratios were up 2 the standard so why they failed me but i didnt waste my time in appealing and gathered my thoughts once again and this time around i did balance every thing as i did last time but in section 2.2 (b) i wrote accounting equation and then explained all the components of that equation and i passed !!!!!!!! it looks bit funny but thats how some time thing works i have been in the same shoes in dec sitting as u lots are dont give up and concentrate hard on the 2nd section bcoz in dfs paper they cant throw any thing different things in section 1 so they try new things in section 2 to catch the student but all those who failed 2nd section plz dont take 1st section easy as well bcoz one of my mate concentrated hard on section 2 this time and he failed section 1 this time
    GOOD Luck every body and hope so u will get this out of the way in dec
  • lisad5
    lisad5 Registered Posts: 21 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    But it quite clearly states that you have to pass both sections, so even if you got 100% in section 1 and you were below the pass rate for section 2 you would still be unsuccessful.

I wish you guys the best of luck in your appeal!

I understand that you need to pass both sections, im am just saying that the sections were not equal therefore this should be taken into account.
  • Gemma Clark
    Gemma Clark Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Dfs

Hi I will be appealing too this. I was so disappointed that i had failed as i found the paper to be reletively straight forward. After reading the forumn it seems to be Section 2 that people have failed.

I spoke with my college who advised me that 8 out of 32 people in my class failed. That is 33% surely that's ridiculous.

I have spoken with AAT who have advised that we should all appeal.
  • sarah jones
    sarah jones Registered Posts: 4 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    gob smacked!!

hiya all

i know its bad but im glad im not the only one who doesnt understand how they failed on section2 of DFS i have no idea i was 100% sure i would pass it, i just dont get how i failed 2 questions that i can do, i just dont understand im devastated, everyone that knows me from college and work dont get it, i was teaching my friends!! so i have appealed even if all i get is some feed back because how can i even think about doing a re sit when i thought i new it and done it right!! right now im gutted and am not resittin , whats the point!!

well done to eveyone that passed
    x
  • sarah jones
    i agree it wasnt abalanced question and i think it sucks that u cant just re sit the section u failed on
  • umerali2003
    @sarah

i can understand your feelings thats wat happend with me in dec sitting i know its hard 2 resit because u have 2 do section 1 all over again which is the real part of the paper section 2 is just 2 questions i messed up 2.2 last time and was gutted when i saw a un sucessfull its bit unfair 2 jugde the competence level by just 1 small question just relax your self u will defiantely going 2 pass next time
  • sarah jones
    thanks for ur confidence but right now im so angry i just dont get how i failed so hopefully the feedback will give me some answers!!!
  • umerali2003
    thats ok just a quick review wat u have written in task 2.2 (b) was it asset_liability=equity and then u explained the components of equation ?????
  • mehmet
    mehmet Registered Posts: 113 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I understand that you need to pass both sections, im am just saying that the sections were not equal therefore this should be taken into account.

I understand where you're coming from, but it's worth treating each section as two different exams for the same unit, rather than an exam with two sections, and you have to pass both exams.
Privacy Policy