purshase ledger clerk

mahdi87
mahdi87 Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor 🦉
hi guys i just wona know somthing about purshase ledger cleck what do u do in that sort job isit double entry bookeeping????
HELP PLZ

Comments

• phunkyphantom22
    phunkyphantom22 Registered Posts: 166 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I've never done a purchase ledger role, but as far as I am aware that sort of job will be doing tasks like entering received supplier invoices on to the system, which will involve double entry (although you may not see it directly - you may simply add the invoice on using an accounting package and the double entry happens "behind the scenes" in the system).
  • lessci
    lessci Registered Posts: 180 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I did some purchase ledger in my last job, where it envolved issuing Purchase Order Numbers, matching invoices to the PO's coding of invoices and appling to the accounts system, chasing for proof of delveries invoice quireies and credit notes, plus other jobs as required by the company. I know that some PL jobs also require you to process the /BACS/Cheque payment runs too.
  • mahdi87
    mahdi87 Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    taa guys thanks for giving an idea on what i searching for i apreciate that :001_smile:
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi Guys

I am an assistant accountant who has complete responsibility for the purchase ledger of my company in the UK and Ireland. The only double entry I have ever come across has been during the posting of the month end accruals and prepayments. However, I don't know if it is usually the PL clerk that does this or if it is just me.

Speegs :thumbup1:
Privacy Policy