marking scheme - how does it work?

blacksheep
blacksheep Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor ⭐
When i'm doing PEV questions, esp ones on fixed overhead variances, sometimes i pick up the wrong numbers in the first part of the question - i end up with the correct answer at the end anyway, and it all balances when i come to the statement of the standard/actual cost of production.
How will this be marked? do you lose many marks for that, or is it ok if you keep carrying the same number forward, and the answer makes sense using it?
Otherwise, i'm getting good marks on the numerical bit (don't start me on the written stuff i hate it!), so its really frustrating to keep making silly mistakes!

Comments

• Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You will only get penalised once for using your own figure - if you then carry this figure forward to other questions, providing that you apply it correctly, you should still gain some marks because you have been able to demonstrate to the examiner that you know the correct technique.
  • blacksheep
    Thanks, that's what i wanted to hear! back to the old slog, then. :001_smile:
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    also be aware that they don't take marks off you but you can fail to gain marks - there is a significant difference.
  • blacksheep
    i would assume that failing to gain marks is better than losing them?
    in any case, i'd rather not do either but i am mildly reassured that at least you only lose it once.
Privacy Policy