PEV Exam - what did you think?

Comments

• ^Joe
    ^Joe Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor ⭐
    x-lauren-x wrote: »
    yep, i discounted each year seperately..... rather then the whole lot! Seems everyone is confussed by this question

Surely we were supposed to discount each year, else it wouldn't have given us all the years? :)

I remember a similar question on a past paper, or assignment :confused1:
  • Manda
    Manda Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    didnt discount the savings...oops were you supposed too? Bit cross with this question as it is not even covered in my Text book for PEV grrrrrr. Not too much to go on really. I mutiplied the discount factor with each years cost. Is that correct becuase the value was less so was bit confused as was wondering if it was supposed to be higher.

Also the question about adverse and favourable affecting P&L...what did you put? Were you supposed to mention absorption or marginal...i didnt and wondered after if I should have?
  • pink
    pink Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor ⭐
    Think I got roughly £108k for my labour savings but cant actually remember much already?!

What about task 2.2 with the 1000 bad units????
  • ^Joe
    Manda wrote: »
    Also the question about adverse and favourable affecting P&L...what did you put? Were you supposed to mention absorption or marginal...i didnt and wondered after if I should have?

Caught me too that one, I thought you commented on how the actual P&L would differ to the budgeted? Ie, adverse variances on price would decrease the Profit / loss.
  • ^Joe
    pink wrote: »
    Think I got roughly £108k for my labour savings but cant actually remember much already?!

What about task 2.2 with the 1000 bad units????

iirc, 9000 produced would incur failures.

therefore 9000 only represented 90% of production.

Production = 9000 / 90 x 100 = 10,000

Failures therefore 1,000
  • x-lauren-x
    x-lauren-x Registered Posts: 22 New contributor 🐸
    i remember something like, you would need to make 10.000 to cover the 10 percent loss
  • Pigpen
    Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Yeah - I got 1000 bad units - You need to make 10,000 to make 9000 good units - 10000 x 10% = 1000 bad = 9000 Good - The other calculations were relatively simple after that - I hope !
  • Manda
    ^Joe wrote: »
    Caught me too that one, I thought you commented on how the actual P&L would differ to the budgeted? Ie, adverse variances on price would decrease the Profit / loss.

GOOD- thats exactly what I put...
  • NicoleKorwin
    NicoleKorwin Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Its nice to know that it wasnt just me who stuggled on this exam, its a bit of a blur but from what you are all saying I think i have done the same, so hopefully we cant all be wrong :001_unsure:

I think the questions were easyer than in the June exam, but i did struggle on the last section. Bit dont you think there was alot of writing in this exam? My hand was hurting! lol

Hope you all did well.....:thumbup:
  • ^Joe
    GOOD- thats exactly what I put...

Doesn't mean it's right :lol:

I did my best, hopefully it's good enough. Try not to worry all, time for beers.

Best of luck :thumbup::thumbup:
  • Pigpen
    There was alot of writing and most of mine is waffle!
  • x-lauren-x
    x-lauren-x Registered Posts: 22 New contributor 🐸
    Doesn't mean it's right :lol:

I did my best, hopefully it's good enough. Try not to worry all, time for beers.

Best of luck :thumbup::thumbup:
    Going for a well deserved vino now..... then another day of studying tomoz for DFS on Wednesday! Good luck all x
  • NicoleKorwin
    Yer me too, i hope the examiner can muster up something from my waffling on, i know sometimes they say less is more, but i had to cover every angle lol!
  • Manda
    PCR now Aaaaargh!!!!
  • NicoleKorwin
    x-lauren-x wrote: »
    Going for a well deserved vino now..... then another day of studying tomoz for DFS on Wednesday! Good luck all x

Here here!! Dito on the DFS, iv started working already...but i need it!
  • Pigpen
    PCR now Aaaaargh!!!!

Mee too Manda - Bummer - Thursday afternnoon I will be free again ! yeah!
  • pink

I rambled on something about, if the result is negative then its an overspend, or could have underbudgted, and variences are useful when it comes to budgets at the end of the year, managers can see what they have over/under spent on during the year
  • Corado
    Corado Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    andrewtdk wrote: »
    yea didnt seem too hard, i thought there was quite a lot of questions and i thought 1 of them might have been wrong. best not say any more though dont know what time we can talk about them properly

I thought one of the questions was wrong also.
    Y=a+bX
    When you worked this through to check the rate for November it came to £11.90 not £12.00 as it stated. So I adjusted it accordingly. Hope it was right.
  • GreenTea
    GreenTea Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    I also noticed that the equation didn't add up to £12.00 but I decided to leave it as it was, only because I thought their would have been + 10p in the equation. Also struggled on the last part of Section 2 I had no idea what to put so really annoyed as otherwise thought it wasn't a bad paper !!!!
  • Pigpen
    Corado wrote: »
    Y=a+bX
    When you worked this through to check the rate for November it came to £11.90 not £12.00 as it stated. So I adjusted it accordingly. Hope it was right.

I agree this didn't calculate - November worked out to £11.90 not £12 - Dec was £12 and I got £12.10 & £12.20 for Jan & Feb - Just hope its right?
  • Manda
    Y=a+bX

yeah i noticed that . I put it down as error on paper but did think it was strange. Also i section 2 it wasked you to recalulate net assets and I think it should have said recaulate return on net assets....anyone else agree?
  • Corado
    I think everyone struggled with section 2.
  • Corado
    Recalculating net assets seemed to easy. You would think they would proof read this several times
  • Lizy
    Lizy Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
    There was no question on reconciliation, we were ask to explained Total cost.

Or is it me that omit a question.

My section 2 was very rough, mudle up my answer not too sure of the last 2questions.
  • Corado
    Dont worry there wasnt one on reconcilation. Although I pefer it when there is because at least you check your answer
  • moggy
    moggy Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Pev today

Thought PEV sooo easy peasy today!! Except for section 2 last question. Must have felt sorry for us after Junes disastrous exam! What does everyone else think?
  • Pigpen
    Dont worry there wasnt one on reconcilation. Although I pefer it when there is because at least you check your answer

I went back to this section at the end and did my own recociliation - which luckily matched - Then rubbed it all out again but it made me happier to do so. Last question was the killer question ! Can't wait for Sandy Hoods answers
  • Polymer xx
    Polymer xx Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Do you reckon Sandy will do the answers?
  • Lizy
    Lizy Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
    Pev

The eqaution is Jan £12.10 and Feb is £12.20.
  • pink
    What did people get for their net asset in 2.2?
Privacy Policy