Payslip Information

T.C.
T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
I have just taken on a client who has been employing someone for 3 months (and just let her go). The employee has asked for a P45 or P60, but she was not earning enough for that to be required. However, my client did not provide her with any payslips. If she provides back-dated payslips now, what information is mandatory for the payslips - she has no employer ref?

Comments

• Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    T.C. wrote: »
    I have just taken on a client who has been employing someone for 3 months (and just let her go). The employee has asked for a P45 or P60, but she was not earning enough for that to be required. However, my client did not provide her with any payslips. If she provides back-dated payslips now, what information is mandatory for the payslips - she has no employer ref?

Hi,

I would imagin Pay to date and if any Tax/NI deducted to date also.
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I think that it's acceptable to just provide a letter just saying that they were paid x amount with no tax deducted, and it may be useful to include the date which emplyment terminated.
    Jodie
  • T.C.
    Yes, I think I will suggest that as the easiest solution. I believe the former employee needs this for some sort of benefit claim, so hopefully that will suffice. Many thanks.
  • payrollpro
    payrollpro Registered Posts: 427 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Don't forget that the provision of a pay advice is an employment rights issue, nothing to do with tax etc. Section 8 Emmployment Rights Act 1996 provides for a pay advice in writing on or before the day on which the payment is made.

It only has to show the pay and an itemised list of deductions but the key point is that a slip is not optional, it is mandatory.

Payrollpro
  • T.C.
    Yes, but a bit late now!
Privacy Policy