Brain Mashed

jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
I don't know if I've overloaded my brain or what but the past couple of weeks I can't seem to get my head around studying. I cant remember anything I have learned. Does anyone else find this sometimes?:huh:
ยซ1

Comments

• Mrskingy
    Mrskingy Registered Posts: 20 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hi

I am having the exact same problem. The first 3 units I did seemed to click into place after a while. This one I am on now is not.

What can you do? Maybe sack it off for a few days and come back to it after the weekend with a more refreshed brain????

:thumbup:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Unit 15 killed me off ecr even worse i read a page then read it again then a 3rd time
  • jewels.p
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Unit 15 killed me off ecr even worse i read a page then read it again then a 3rd time

Which one is Unit 15? I am studying (or trying to) Unit 5 which is FRA. I am now reading the whole book again as when I looked at the Dec Exam in this I didn't have a clue.

Not doing ECR until after June Exam on FRA (if I pass).
  • jewels.p
    Hi

I am having the exact same problem. The first 3 units I did seemed to click into place after a while. This one I am on now is not.

What can you do? Maybe sack it off for a few days and come back to it after the weekend with a more refreshed brain????

:thumbup:

Only problem with that is that's exactly what I thought last week so I left it till after the weekend but this week seems to be the same.:thumbdown:

What Unit are you on?
  • jewels.p
    Only problem with that is that's exactly what I thought last week so I left it till after the weekend but this week seems to be the same.:thumbdown:

What Unit are you on?

See what I mean my brain is mashed. You've already said you're on Unit 15. I don't know which unit that is. I am on Unit 5 - FRA:001_smile:
  • Mrskingy
    Unit 15 is Cash managment and credit control. Driving me insane!
    I have got ECR and DFS in June....thinking I have bitten off more than I can chew at the moment.
  • jewels.p
    Unit 15 is Cash managment and credit control. Driving me insane!
    I have got ECR and DFS in June....thinking I have bitten off more than I can chew at the moment.

I am only at Intermediate stage. Are you doing Intermediate and Diploma this year?

I am Distance Learning and finding this year a struggle although have had good marks with my Assignments so far (but thats because I was able to refer to my books if I got stuck)

Oh No! I have just realised I've got the Unit 15 Book here.Is it that bad? It's to be done after June too as decided to do Unit 5 and Unit 32 first half of year then Unit 15 and Unit 6 second half of year.
  • Mrskingy
    I sat IAC (unit 30) and FRA (unit 5) in December. I am waiting for results of WSK (unit 31) simulation done 2 weeks ago.

I am now trying to get OCMC Unit 15 and PET Unit 32 done before end of April so I can then study for 2 exams in June ECR and DFS.

That will leave me with 2 more exams, a project and 1 simulation to get done by the end of 2009.

A little adventurous I know! Have done the same job for way too long and want a change of career path. My really hope it will be worth it and that I can get a position in accountancy when all this is over.
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Isnt unit 15 Technician Level? I thought Intermediate was unit 5,6 and 7?

I find it really hard to get motivated but for unit 5 I used the e-learning on the AAT main website. It really helped, I tried to do a section every other day and studyed the books in half hour blocks. It really helped as I found it easy to set aside at least half an hour a day. And it must have worked as I passed FRA in December!

I only wish they had an elearning for unit 6 though!:blushing:
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Maybe it's the change in weather or something. I was sailing along and really enjoying Unit 5, but this week I don't seem to have the ability to retain anything or the ommph to do it. Think I may go to bed and get a really really early night, might be trying to hard
  • A-Vic
    Which one is Unit 15? I am studying (or trying to) Unit 5 which is FRA. I am now reading the whole book again as when I looked at the Dec Exam in this I didn't have a clue.

Not doing ECR until after June Exam on FRA (if I pass).

Just passed the FRA unit 15 cash management and credit control completed i think unit 32 profesional ethics completed just ECR to do in june then done since september. Then tec level (deploma pathway in college)

What was strange at one point was looking at three units at once (15, 32 and 6) hence the time study over now bed time
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    So is unit 15 Intermediate level?
  • A-Vic
    jow774 wrote: ยป
    So is unit 15 Intermediate level?

It seems depends if your doing NVQ or deploma pathway but in advanced certificate we do it
  • katsutlieff
    Intermediate level (NVQ) is Unit 5 (FRA),6 (ECR),7 (PRAR)

Advanced Cert (Diploma) is Unit 5 (FRA),6 (ECR),15 (OCMC) and 32 (ETHNICS) which can be done at the next level
  • A-Vic
    Intermediate level (NVQ) is Unit 5 (FRA),6 (ECR),7 (PRAR)

Advanced Cert (Diploma) is Unit 5 (FRA),6 (ECR),15 (OCMC) and 32 (ETHNICS) which can be done at the next level

about three in our class are also doing unit 31 too (was say it fast it doesn't sound that bad)
  • katsutlieff
    5 units together!!! and i'm having problems with one :crying:

Can't understand stock adjustments in the t accounts, stock accounts and control accounts and if you look at BPP books stock accounts-Profit and Loss, Stock account-Balance sheet. Think my head might explode!! Too many accounts
  • A-Vic

Can't understand stock adjustments in the t accounts, stock accounts and control accounts and if you look at BPP books stock accounts-Profit and Loss, Stock account-Balance sheet. Think my head might explode!! Too many accounts

omg ive read that chapter 5 times in the ozborne books now it just not making any sence at all you ever work it out please let me know i dont even get avco lifo fifo ive had 4 people try to explane it
  • katsutlieff
    Been told to post closing stock to adjustement column in the ETB and then post stock adjustments to the ETB, WHY!!!!!

Would make sense to post adjustments to control account and then the adjusted figure to the ad column in the ETB.

And why a Stock account and a Stock control account?

Sorry, but I feel better now I know I'm not the only one ready to burn my book. If by some miracle I get it I will let you know
  • A-Vic
    Been told to post closing stock to adjustement column in the ETB and then post stock adjustments to the ETB, WHY!!!!!

Would make sense to post adjustments to control account and then the adjusted figure to the ad column in the ETB.

And why a Stock account and a Stock control account?

Sorry, but I feel better now I know I'm not the only one ready to burn my book. If by some miracle I get it I will let you know

My bad i thought you meant stock cards your doing FRA Unit 5 arnt you am doing ECR Unit 6

Try here this might help

http://www.aat-interactive.org.uk/elearning/el5/player.html
  • katsutlieff
    It gets worse!!!
  • A-Vic
    It gets worse!!!

?
  • katsutlieff
    Sorry didn't see the link, thanks

Think I just need to come away from it for a while and then go back when my head is clearer. Problem is I have two books and they both use different methods for the t accounts, which is why I am getting confused

Have you completed Unit 5 yet?
  • A-Vic
    Sorry didn't see the link, thanks

Think I just need to come away from it for a while and then go back when my head is clearer. Problem is I have two books and they both use different methods for the t accounts, which is why I am getting confused

Have you completed Unit 5 yet?

Yeah passed december exam havnt a clue how tho.

Just unit 6 in june and get simulations back this week
  • jewels.p

Hi,

Are you on Unit 5 too? That's what I am on and stock is totally confusing me. I am trying to understand the FIFO, LIFO and AVCO especially AVCO calculations in my Osborne Book and getting nowhere. Why is there not just one way of doing it and it would make it easier for us to understand!:huh:

Let me know if you ever understand it cause I don't think I ever will.:confused1:
  • katsutlieff
    I almost think I have it and then it's gone again. I understand the FIFO LIFO and AVCO, explained very well in the BPP book. But having problems with the t accounts.

In the Osbourne book there seems to only be the stock control account whereas in the BPP book there is a Stock account-P&L and Stock account-Balance sheet. Think I may stick with the BPP book on this occasion as makes more sense to me.

Have you tried doing a search in the forums for Stock Valuation, sometimes can throw up very useful old posts

Kat
  • Mrs Keanoking
    Mrs Keanoking Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I'm struggling with FRA 5 intermediate also!! Have completed first two short tests no problem but i'm stuck on short test 3 really unsure what they are asking you to do:glare:
  • jkc
    jkc Registered Posts: 166 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi
    im strugling with everything at the mo, depreciation and etb, cant seem to find my focus at all. I think everyone is in the same boat. just finishing unit 7 sim and practicing unit 5 sim which starts in about 2 weeks. hope every one is ok and passes all their sims.
  • neuroticprincess
    neuroticprincess Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor โญ
    I have my Cash Management and Credit Control simulation tomorrow and have no idea what I'm doing!! Going to have to do some serious work tonight and tomorrow morning! Anyone got any tips? I'm really struggling with it!
  • katsutlieff
    I have my Cash Management and Credit Control simulation tomorrow and have no idea what I'm doing!! Going to have to do some serious work tonight and tomorrow morning! Anyone got any tips? I'm really struggling with it!
    How did you get on it your simulation?
  • whos that girl
    whos that girl Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor โญ
    Brain dead, thats me too. and it makes me feel real stupid. i enjoyed FRA, passed it, enjoyed prof ethics, passed it, come to cash managemet and cred control and fell apart, i done a resit and im scared of the results although i studyed so hard, i even recorded my own voice on my mp3 an played it over and over. i now have to catch up on costing, and being a mother with four kids is real hard, thats not an excuse. I have litterally had brain shock and i feel i need to reset my brain. i took a day off college and now i have to catch up more so. cant wait till term. im going to book a holiday for real. This has put me off diploma level but deep inside i dont want to waste this opportunity if i pass intermediate. if i take a year out i may forget all ive done. stressed!
Privacy Policy