Apparently Jews are stupid!

Options

Comments

• Buff
    Buff Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    the sun has got his hat on, hip hip hip hip hurray - the sun has got his hat on and this forum ****e is gay
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Out of action for 10 days

RIP Blobbyh. You won't be missed (at all!).

Thanks for all your support everyone. I am out of my office for the next six weeks and have finally been able to log on from hospital room (now they have happily PAT tested my laptop). I have had heart surgery for a birth defect that I was born with and although they operated last year a more major surgery was required than first thought and now it is all sorted (I hope).

The hospital has been great and they see me picking up and plugging in and using my laptop as good physiotherapy. Great! I am finally join you all again on the forums.

Well I'd better go as I am really quite nackered now and I can here the breakfast trolley outside my room.

Speegs (getting better quicker than expected). :thumbup:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: »

To my newer friend Vic - metal forever... but please learn to spell better FFS!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: blobbyh 2006 - 2009 :mad: :mad: :mad:

Never gonna happen pal its what makes me me but you take care and drop us an email every now and again k

Metal forever

Vic
  • speegs
    Options
    Blobbyh should have gone to Specsavers. If he had read the thread properly he would have noticed that I have not constantly gone on about the unfortunate events and this thread had actually stopped TEN DAYS AGO. It is Blobbyh who has brought the subject back up.

Silly Blobbyh. Anyway glad to see the back of you and hopefully you will stick to you promise of committing forum suicide and go away for good. :001_smile:

:mad2: Speegs

PS. Thanks, Blobbyh, for helping me get better. This morning my blood pressure and heart rate were actually normal following the reading of your post. They had been really low since my surgery and my consultant was getting concerned.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    speegs wrote: »
    Blobbyh should have gone to Specsavers. If he had read the thread properly he would have noticed that I have not constantly gone on about the unfortunate events and this thread had actually stopped TEN DAYS AGO. It is Blobbyh who has brought the subject back up.

Silly Blobbyh. Anyway glad to see the back of you and hopefully you will stick to you promise of committing forum suicide and go away for good. :001_smile:

:mad2: Speegs

PS. Thanks, Blobbyh, for helping me get better. This morning my blood pressure and heart rate were actually normal following the reading of your post. They had been really low since my surgery and my consultant was getting concerned.

Hey Speegs

Tut you should be converlessing your health is worth ten times more than any forum thread, relax and hope your feeling better soon.

Vic
  • speegs
    Options
    Thanks Vic.

Actually my consultant says that it is good for me to use my computer as it keeps me awake for longer parts of the day. She has made me promise, though, that I do not log in to work or work emails. Just to make sure I don't my boss has changed my passwords.:thumbup: They know what I am like.

Thanks

Speegs
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Get well soon Speegs and make sure you take enough time to recover. I know somebody who has recently had an operation that sounds maybe similar to yours. She has known from a child she would need a heart operation due to a birth defect and is at home recuperating now. It has only been 6 weeks and she is already allowed to drive. I was very surprised it was that quick. Don't go rushing back to work!
  • speegs
    Options
    I only knew I had a heart defect when they found out that my younger brother had a defect. I was tested and they thought I had a deviated axis - meaning my heart was twisted 180 degrees the wrong way around. Last year they operated and found it was actually twisted 180 degrees, but also that the veins and arterys were all the wrong way around as well and my heart valves were working back to front. Not the best situation. So last year they turned my heart and 10 days ago they re-plumbed it for me.

I am leaving hospital on Wednesday, if my blood pressure does not drop too low again and they said I can consider returning to work in 8 weeks. I am extremely lucky that my employers have insisted on letting me have full pay for up to 3 months. Nice hey! But it is all so boring with nothing to do. I am doing lots of CPD though.

Speegs
  • fatandforty
    Options
    It is amazing what surgeons can do isn't it? I can appreciate it being boring but if you are on full pay for 3 months it's more important that you are strong enough to go back to a normal life.

When my youngest was a baby I had a strangulated hernia and needed an emergency op and it was very boring - I wasn't allowed to do anything. No ironing, hoovering or even picking up my child. It sounds great in theory but I know it's not. A good chance to read some good books though and it gave my husband a taste of my life. He was knackered!!

At least you will hopefully be leaving hospital soon.
  • speegs
    Options
    Yes it is very boring. It is very interesting but I have been doing cycling in my physio session and this I find really very easy, but walking up and down stairs is tough.

I am definitely going to take it easy as my employers are very concerned about me and what I have had done. They also do not want me rushing back to soon and ending up with complications.

Another interesting thing is the pain does not centre around my heart where I thought it would but more the actual scars. Another amazing thing they did was to enter my chest via under both my arms. This way although there were two incisions it hardly shows unless I raise my arms and look at the my sides. Totally amazing.

The nurses think I am nuts because I am a singer and I have spent some time learning some songs for a show that I am going to be in in October this year. They keep hearing me singing, but again, the physio says this is great exercise for my lungs and pneumonia is unlikely to take hold doing this, which is a complication of cariac surgery.

Speegs
  • fatandforty
    Options
    How's the food?
  • speegs
    Options
    Actually you know what the food it actually very good. But then I would eat anything to be honest.

I am allowed to go on field trips to the hospital canteen aswell which amazingly is actually quite good fun.
  • fatandforty
    Options
    You do soon get into a routine is hospital don't you? I can understand why criminals who have been in prison for a long time don't actually want to be let out!

Are you in a mixed ward? And do you have a telly?

Or are you Bupa?
  • Ponder
    Ponder Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Have some good rest and recooperation speegs. Get well.

dont let up on the singing and cycling though...defiantly good ideas, keeping up good spirit + exercise ...combining the singing and cycling though might be abit too much exertion!
  • speegs
    Options
    I have a side room because I am in the heart hospital section of the hospital and we are all kept separate to decrease the risk of possible infection.

I have just had some exciting news though. Assuming I have a good night, they said I can go home tomorrow afternoon, a day earlier than planned. They are not pushing me out though and have said the choice is mine if I feel I want to stay another night I can. To be honest I have become so used to the safety of the hospital and the knowing that I can always call one of the fantastic nurses if I need to, that I am now a little concerned about going home. I will probably be fine as both of my parents will be their at my beck and call.

Anyway I have physio now so I am off for the day. I am going to watch Most Haunted this evening on my "Sky TV". Yes we even have Sky here. I don't even have Sky at home. Nice! :thumbup1:

Speegs
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hope the recuperation goes well speegs!
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hope you get well soon Speegs :thumbup:

(Sorry not very original I know!!)

All the best

Trace
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Sitting on a laptop all day, watching sky tv, eating good food, surrounded by sexy nurses and getting 3 months paid leave…. Am I the only one who wises they had a heart defect as well….? :glare:

Oh well, gonna have to settle for the next best thing and clogg up my arteries to enduce heart disease….. :001_unsure:

:001_smile:
  • fatandforty
    Options
    I have a side room because I am in the heart hospital section of the hospital and we are all kept separate to decrease the risk of possible infection.

I have just had some exciting news though. Assuming I have a good night, they said I can go home tomorrow afternoon, a day earlier than planned. They are not pushing me out though and have said the choice is mine if I feel I want to stay another night I can. To be honest I have become so used to the safety of the hospital and the knowing that I can always call one of the fantastic nurses if I need to, that I am now a little concerned about going home. I will probably be fine as both of my parents will be their at my beck and call.

Anyway I have physio now so I am off for the day. I am going to watch Most Haunted this evening on my "Sky TV". Yes we even have Sky here. I don't even have Sky at home. Nice! :thumbup1:

Speegs

I would check out what is on Sky tonight before you decide!! Seriously though at least you will be going home to your parents. Nobody will look after you better than them. How are you feeling today? I guess you get woken up early there.
  • speegs
    Options
    Woohoo I am going home today. Feeling relatively well and stairs are much easier now which is great as my bedroom at home is in the loft. Although we have a guest room so I think I might comondere that for a couple of weeks.

Leaving in an hour, or when my dad arrives anyway, speak to you later.

Speegs.
  • speegs
    Options
    Oh and last night I slept through the night without having waking up and having to take pain killers so that can only be good. And this morning I did not need any either. Scars are a bit scratchy though, but they are in places where if I try to scratch them it hurts a bit to reach round so that deters me.
  • Baggybooks
    Baggybooks Registered Posts: 522 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    AdamR wrote: »
    may you enjoy the rest of your days with Baggybooks and Dean

Can I just say that I am not, have not and will not ever be involved in a threesome with Blobbyh and Dean.
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    Baggybooks wrote: »
    Can I just say that I am not, have not and will not ever be involved in a threesome with Blobbyh and Dean.

Not "with Blobbyh and Dean"….But you have been in one……?

Details, please…..

Sorry :blushing:

:lol:
  • Baggybooks
    Options
    You need to ask Peugeot and Chris.
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    Baggybooks wrote: »
    You need to ask Peugeot and Chris.

:laugh: I will!

*prays they have a link to youtube....*
  • Baggybooks
    Options
    I almost had a close encounter with Sandy - at a hotel in Bath, but that's a long time ago.
  • fatandforty
    Options
    Oh and last night I slept through the night without having waking up and having to take pain killers so that can only be good. And this morning I did not need any either. Scars are a bit scratchy though, but they are in places where if I try to scratch them it hurts a bit to reach round so that deters me.

Are you ok since going home? You have been very quiet. Bet your parents are spoiling you rotten :001_smile:
  • speegs
    Options
    Hi Fatandforty. I am getting better slowly, but I think I am doing a bit too much as I get tired really quickly. At the moment though, I am good.

I am very worried about my friends dad. He has had cancer and although his was in remission we developed pneumonia at the weekend and is now in intensive care. We are all very worried about him. I am also very worried about how his family will cope if he dies. His wife does not work and his daughter is only 10 years old. I have find of taken her on as an adopted niece. She is very matter of fact about her dad but none the less how does a 10 year cope?

Anyway we are all praying for her dad, even the doctors said to pray, so I am not sure what to make of that comment (maybe a little unprofessional), but they are doing everything possible and we cannot fault his care.

I will update you shortly.

Speegs
  • fatandforty
    Options
    Oh Speegs, find myself quite relieved to hear from you but how sad about your friends' dad. You could do without this worry yourself right now.

I can't imagine a child of 10 having to cope without a parent (my middle one is 10), but how nice for you to have taken her under your wing. Am sure that will help both her and her mum whatever the outcome.

I agree rather unprofessional doctors telling people to pray!

Hope all goes well for you both.

Are you enjoying your time off work?
  • Jon_1984
    Jon_1984 Registered Posts: 186 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Speegs

Glad to here you are doing ok yourself. Make sure you dont strain yourself caring for others at this point, no point helping in the short term if you cause yourself permenant harm that stops you helping when others have forgotten.

Jon

P.S. I know it may sound slightly harsh but I have seen it happen elsewhere.
Privacy Policy