A-Vic
A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Happy Saint Goerge's day to you all :001_smile:
Β«13

Comments

• LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Happy St George's Day to you too :thumbup:

…..I shall be celebrating by indulging in the English tradition of working late tonight…..:thumbdown:
  • Pigpen
    Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Yes happy St Georges Day to one and all :thumbup1:

I shall be celebrating by studying late :001_unsure:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I shall be working studying sleeping (at some point) and also emailing my brother over in Germany.

Reason being like the queen he has 2 birthdays (due to my fathers sence of humour) hes middle name is Saint George :lol::lol::lol:
  • SeanyBoy
    SeanyBoy Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Matt (the dragon) and i Sean (st George) will meet for our showdown on "the old grounds". and yes we all know the fate of matt the fire breathing dragon...

HAPPY ST GEORGES DAY TO ALL (EXCEPT MATT) :laugh:
  • Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor 🐘
    Look here, this Saint George bloke, he isn't English. He never lived in England. He never even did a stag weekend in Blackpool. Why is he our patron saint? I'm not happy about this. I think we should have a local saint for local people.

Where is Simon Cowell when you need him? I think we need to have a Saint Idol, or The Cross Factor ( variation on the X Factor, geddit??)

We could look at their resumes and have a public vote. We needn't confine it to Christian saints, we can seize this opportunity to include our Pagan and Satanic colleagues as well as other mainstream religions like Premier Leaguists.

If anyone would like to nominate a suitable contender to patronise us????

I think we can even include living contenders. Why confine it to dead saints? Personally I like that Scottish Rabbi on thought for the day, Roy Keane would be good too. Obviously I am only thinking out loud here.....(anyone but Princess Di...)
  • SeanyBoy
    Cullen wrote: Β»
    Look here, this Saint George bloke, he isn't English. He never lived in England. He never even did a stag weekend in Blackpool. Why is he our patron saint? I'm not happy about this. I think we should have a local saint for local people.

Where is Simon Cowell when you need him? I think we need to have a Saint Idol, or The Cross Factor ( variation on the X Factor, geddit??)

We could look at their resumes and have a public vote. We needn't confine it to Christian saints, we can seize this opportunity to include our Pagan and Satanic colleagues as well as other mainstream religions like Premier Leaguists.

I think we can even include living contenders. Why confine it to dead saints? Personally I like that Scottish Rabbi on thought for the day, Roy Keane would be good too. Obviously I am only thinking out loud here.....(anyone but Princess Di...)

Harry Enfield??
  • Pigpen
    Bruce Forsyth - The legend

St Brucies Day
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
    Liam or Noel Gallagher I say:thumbup:
  • Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor 🐘
    Liam or Noel Gallagher I say:thumbup:

Ill go with Noel. Thats a hell of a shout.

Failing that, Karl Pilkington.
  • LondonMatt

Interesting idea Cullen…..I've never liked the idea of a johnny foreigner being our patron saint….especially one we have to share with the likes of Ethiopia, Greece, Portugal and Russia….Russia, people RUSSIA!! :ohmy: But can I ask, are you limiting the contenders to having actually existed?

I quite like the idea of Frank Spencer being our saint or, at the other end of the scale, Malcolm Tucker
  • Cullen
    Good point!

We need to establish the correct criteria. I definitely insist on Englishness.

Religion, actual existence,living or dead, morality, sexual preference, politics, favourite music genre, looking like a fish or smelling like one etc are all immaterial.

We need to ask ourselves who best represents us as a nation on the global platform? Frank Spencer ticks all my boxes. I've never heard of the other one.

Alternatively, my neighbour, Cockney Steve, he lives next door but one, he would be good too. A bit Alf Garnet on occasion but a thoroughly good bloke. He always used to give number 1 and 2 sons a bashing if he thought they were up to no good, which in general they weren't.
  • LondonMatt
    Good point!

We need to establish the correct criteria. I definitely insist on Englishness.

Religion, actual existence,living or dead, morality, sexual preference, politics, favourite music genre, looking like a fish or smelling like one etc are all immaterial.

Malcolm Tucker, who I can't believe you've not heard of - he's the extremely sweary PR guy on the excellent "The Thick Of IT" :thumbup1: - is actually Scotish :wink: so it looks like he's out according to your criteria....

Not sure I could vote for someone who looks like a fish though :thumbdown:
  • AdamR
    AdamR Registered Posts: 668 Epic contributor 🐘
    London Natt is off the nominations list then?
  • LondonMatt
    AdamR wrote: Β»
    London Natt is off the nominations list then?

Yes he is!! The pope stagging, God-believing, fish face that he is!

He's no saint! :mad2:
  • Cullen
    So it's between Cockney Steve, Harry Enfield and Frank Spencer?

Iv'e ruled out the Gallaghers, too Irish, Bruce Forsyth as too Scottish, London Natt as too fishish. Who is Karl Pilkington?
  • Paul24
    Who is Karl Pilkington?

How dare you!

He's got a head like a ****ing orange!!!!!!! :huh:
  • Cullen
    Oh heck, I've offended you there, Paul. Sorry about that. I googled and all I can make out is that he is a mate of Ricky Gervais? However if you think he is worthy of Patronisation and is English, I'll add him to the list. Fair enuffski?
  • Paul24
    Oh heck, I've offended you there, Paul. Sorry about that. I googled and all I can make out is that he is a mate of Ricky Gervais? However if you think he is worthy of Patronisation and is English, I'll add him to the list. Fair enuffski?

Hell yes, search for some of his quotes, he is quite profound :001_smile: Cheers mate :thumbup1:
  • Cullen
    Oooh oooh oooh, how about the Modfather, Paul Weller??
  • Paul24
    Oooh oooh oooh, how about the Modfather, Paul Weller??

or....

Morrissey?

In fact Im going to go controversial. Jonathon Ross, if he was my friend, Id get rid of all my other friends. :lol:
  • SeanyBoy
    Richard and Judy?? joint saints?? :laugh:
  • Cullen
    Wossy?

You serious? You would give up all your mates just to be in Wossy's inner circle?

(I could have phrased that better.....)
  • Paul24
    Wossy?

You serious? You would give up all your mates just to be in Wossy's inner circle?

(I could have phrased that better.....)

lol you certainly could have. Well maybe that was an exaggeration, but he is funniness personified
  • Pigpen
    Mmmm - You need to get out more Paul24

How about Derek Trotter - aka "Delboy" - A legend in his own bathtime

Or Winnie the Pooh - Is he Engish? He must be by default because A A Milne is English - Born uin London
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Wossy?
    He won't allow just anyone into his ring you know.
  • CJC
    How about Chris Moyles, being fat, unfunny, oafish and bigoted he'd be a perfect representation of what it is to be English.
  • Cullen
    I think it was "ringing" that caused a lot of trouble for him.
  • Cullen
    Never Chris Moyles, or even Morissey. All Irish I tell you. It's the Irish Murphia.
  • CJC
    Actually, it does my heart good to know that I am not of the same nationality as Chris Moyles even though he does exhibit so much of our national character.
  • Paul24
    Pigpen wrote: Β»
    Mmmm - You need to get out more Paul24

Hmmm do you know me well enough to say that :lol:
Privacy Policy