Exam Nerves Starting to Set in!

jow774
jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi,

Is anyone else starting to get nervous? Im taking ecr (costing is not my strong point) and have completed a past paper and I was rubbish! Ive been doing them for a week or two and its all been going fine until today (Dec 2005).

Is anyone else feeling like this? After all that was said about last years ecr paper Im v frightened, lol.
ยซ1

Comments

• heartsandstars
    heartsandstars Registered Posts: 76 Regular contributor โญ
    I'm with you on the nervousness!!!

I'm doing PEV, PCR and DFS (why o why did i listen to my tutor??) and its all started to jumble into one.

I did ECR at the Dec 08 sitting, and i thought i had done badly (especially when I read everyons comments on here) but I still passed. Just as long as we show are workings we got to get some marks, right? hehe

Good Luck with it!
  • jow774
    My nervousness about ecr seems a bit minor when I hear your doing 3!!

Thanks for the kind words and good luck with your exams too.

:001_smile:
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    what is it you are struggling with mostly on ECR? I'm finding I'm usually ok with the calculations, it's when you have to describe or recommend something I struggle with the words!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hi All

Also sitting the ECR and to be honest am finding it horendus management is not for me i love the finacial stuff better.

The December and June 05 papers are horrible we broke it down in class the other week.

I think ive completed all the papers 3 times and it doesn't seem to be going in. But then again i go through this everytime so i dont know if it nerves or just am not getting it.

Anyway good luck all you ECR sitters :thumbup1:
  • Mrskingy
    Mrskingy Registered Posts: 20 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I am with Esme hear. Calculations and figures no problems, but when I it comes to explaining procedures in writing I struggle to get get my point across.
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    im getting really nervous....i so want to pass and not have to resit any of them. I am taking ecr and fra.
    Havnt had much joy in revising either as im just losing interest a bit as im struggling!!! (but i have de activated my facebook account so i dont get distracted and end up on there for hours...lol)
    My tutor only covered incomplete records and margins and mark ups on fri....with one week to go .....really annoyed at how they have taught this level in the college i attend....

:mad2:
  • jow774
    I just feel like the pressures on as its my last unit. Im ok with remembering the calculations as Ive learnt them its if they ask the question another way its as if they are talking a foreign language, lol, its a similar thing to esme, Ive learnt it parrot fashion but should I have to say why and how Im stuffed, lol. I just keep making stupid mistakes, lol.
  • A-Vic
    jow774 wrote: ยป
    I just feel like the pressures on as its my last unit. Im ok with remembering the calculations as Ive learnt them its if they ask the question another way its as if they are talking a foreign language, lol, its a similar thing to esme, Ive learnt it parrot fashion but should I have to say why and how Im stuffed, lol. I just keep making stupid mistakes, lol.

Wow so this is it then youve completed AAT Wow well done you :001_smile:
  • rachy1975

ive done that too...lol
    i remembered how to calculate limiting factors by memory and passed it fine in my skills test...then doin an old exam paper...it used flying hours instead of machine hours and worded it differently and i was completely lost...thats what im doin today
    revising and working on limiting factors, bad debt (as i keep forgetting where it goes on extended trial balnce) and a few other things i need to brush up on..
    :thumbup1:
  • A-Vic
    ive done that too...lol
    i remembered how to calculate limiting factors by memory and passed it fine in my skills test...then doin an old exam paper...it used flying hours instead of machine hours and worded it differently and i was completely lost...thats what im doin today
    revising and working on limiting factors, bad debt (as i keep forgetting where it goes on extended trial balnce) and a few other things i need to brush up on..
    :thumbup1:

Limiting factors am struggling with - but there is a good mid spread in this months Mag all bout them am going to re go over them this afternoon
  • jow774
    No I mean last one before Ive completed intermediate. Im not that clever, lol. I never thought I'd even get this far though so its an achievement in itself for me.

Limiting factors is getting me too, some questions spell it out quite easily and then others (like Dec 2008) are a nightmare.
  • rachy1975
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Limiting factors am struggling with - but there is a good mid spread in this months Mag all bout them am going to re go over them this afternoon

Yeah i have seen that and cut it out!!!
    i have laminated equations posted everywhere in my house so when im doin the washing up they are stuck in front of me...in the bathroom...
    im struggling with the abnormal loss/gain too...

but on a brighter note...i did the june 2008 FRA past paper and the only thing i got wrong was the journals for goodwill...as i had no idea what they were!!!
    so that has boosted my confidence...

just want to get them over with now!!
  • A-Vic
    No I mean last one before Ive completed intermediate. Im not that clever, lol. I never thought I'd even get this far though so its an achievement in itself for me.

Limiting factors is getting me too, some questions spell it out quite easily and then others (like Dec 2008) are a nightmare.

Yeah in the same boat its a good feeling in it. :thumbup:
  • rachy1975
    Just finished the FRA june 2007 paper...and only made one mistake!!! i posted something to the bank instead of sales in extended trial balnce...im so relieved its starting to go ok now!!
    time to brush up on the ECR now...
    :laugh:
  • emmag
    emmag Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor โญ
    Am absolutely sh*tting myself lol. Think of nothing else at the moment and get sweaty palms thinking of it.

I'm taking ECR and FRA and when I went to the AAT revision sessions I realised that I was very weak at FRA so have subsequently spent the last two weeks revising that. Now I'm regretting it and have just one week to get sorted with ECR. Problem is Sandy Hood was such a good lecturer that he made me feel like it was all simple. Now I'm on my own my confidence has gone and I can't even get through the first question on an practice exam.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I am doing FRA and was just starting to feel a bit more confident until yesterday I decided to attempt one more Past Exam Paper (Dec 2003) and GOT THE FIRST FIVE TASKS WRONG! Now I am back to panicking. My problem is I always miss bits out or add bits in that shouldnt be there!

When I check the answers I could kick myself as its stupid mistakes I am making!:mad2:
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Starting to think I started the revision too late. Keep flipping back and fro as to whether I can just miss the exam next week and reapply in December.

I know I have got nothing to lose sitting the exam, but feel like if I did pass it would only be down to good luck. Feel I would be letting myself down as at this stage it should all be making sense and as it doesn't I'm not ready

Does any of that make any sense or am I finally losing the plot:tongue_smilie:
  • rachy1975
    Starting to think I started the revision too late. Keep flipping back and fro as to whether I can just miss the exam next week and reapply in December.

I know I have got nothing to lose sitting the exam, but feel like if I did pass it would only be down to good luck. Feel I would be letting myself down as at this stage it should all be making sense and as it doesn't I'm not ready

Does any of that make any sense or am I finally losing the plot:tongue_smilie:

i usually find once im in the exam im a lot more relaxed as i know i will have no distractions and it all makes sense and comes back to me and i can just take my time (well 4 hours..lol)....sometimes i think we all fret to much....none of us would of got this far if we were completely incompetent....in other words ..you are losing the plot!!!! jk lol :001_tt2::001_tt2:
  • katsutlieff
    Thanks for that Rachy1975, usually find a good kick up the butt does wonders for my lack of.

On a similar note just returned from the hypnotherapist, went about my irrational anxiety about travel?? She has shown me triggers to release my natural stress busting chemicals (if that's the right word) and I now have a safe place I can escape to.

Will see if it works tonight when the kids get home and start fighting. Should work for the exam as well :thumbup:
  • flower
    flower Registered Posts: 160 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Yes I feel same. Thought I had got to grips with costing papers until I did Dec 08 today and Arhh. I know its not supposed to be easy but trying to find the figures to work with on some of these papers is really hard. Worried that I wont remember the formulas in the exam.
  • A-Vic
    flower wrote: ยป
    Yes I feel same. Thought I had got to grips with costing papers until I did Dec 08 today and Arhh. I know its not supposed to be easy but trying to find the figures to work with on some of these papers is really hard. Worried that I wont remember the formulas in the exam.

So understand what you mean it seems the more i study at the mo the more am forgetting :crying:
  • donnaalwill
    donnaalwill Registered Posts: 116 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I'm doing ECR & FRA next week, slightly concerned with FRA more but having done the Kaplan mocks and passed both I am feeling a bit better. It helps to see how things are marked so you can see where you lose the most parts. In places I passed on principle marks! Thank god you only get marked down for an incorrect figure once!!
    Its just the unknown though, I am still struggling on a couple of things which I'm hoping even if I don't quite get won't pull the overall grade down too far! Roll on Wednesday evening when its all over for now! Decided to start them both in March and didn't quite realise the amount of work involved in the two doh! Good luck to everyone!
  • Karen L
    Karen L Registered Posts: 70 Regular contributor โญ
    Nerves here too ! Managed to get day off work to do some study - spent 5 hrs in the library on a lovely sunny day - I need my life back, but hey it is my last exam (even if it is a retake) and I so want to pass this ... tried three exams in December, if I had had my head screwed on right I would have two at the most. I lost so much sleep ! but then again I am losing sleep over PEV and that is just one ... I wish everyone the best of luck for next week ... those of you who are near the end, are you going to go ahead and go for full AAT membership ?
  • katsutlieff
    A-Vic loooooooooooooove the avatar.

Exactly how am I feeling, can't seem to concentrate. Spent all of last night messing on forums instead of working, may have to disconnect the modem until after the exam.

HAVE NO WILLPOWER
  • donnaalwill
    Lol I agree about the modem thing, I have taken to revising in my bedroom just to stay away from distractions! I live on my own, you wouldn't think it would be that hard to be distractionless...but no. I just think of something I have to check, or something I have to reply to on Facebook, yet still I am sat here posting on here lol Still it is nearly 10pm on a Friday, I think motivation dips at the weekend. With the exams starting on Monday I guess this weekend needs to be written off:tongue_smilie:
  • katsutlieff
    Distractions are a wonderful thing, there is a whole thread devoted to them on Chat.

Really really must do some work, when I am on here :crying: in August because I failed please remind me why!!!
  • donnaalwill
    I haven't really checked out the rest of the forums, usually just lurk the student discussions lol Noooooo don't tell me about more distractions....! Thats not going to help!

I am sure you will do just fine!! Don't burn yourself out either, I have been putting a lot of hours revision in and it can get to the point where there just isn't anything else that can go in my brain! Like right now....:( I think I should call it a night revision wise, spent all day helping a friend on where she was struggling and did some when I got home and am definitely out-calculated now.

*note to everyone thinking oooh what a lovely day lets sit in the garden to revise, watch out! I did that today and now have the most bizarre sunburn down my arm, neck and face....just a warning lol Evenness is not a possibility when hunched over a paper.
  • reddwarf
    reddwarf Registered Posts: 528 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I believe it's called displacement activity, when you are happy to do the ironing, housework, sort those bills that need paying, filing, anything, rather than revision!!!
  • katsutlieff
    I believe it's called displacement activity, when you are happy to do the ironing, housework, sort those bills that need paying, filing, anything, rather than revision!!!

If there is a label for it, does that mean my appalling lack of motivation is not my fault!!
  • oh confused one
    oh confused one Registered Posts: 128 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    im getting really nervous....i so want to pass and not have to resit any of them. I am taking ecr and fra.
    Havnt had much joy in revising either as im just losing interest a bit as im struggling!!! (but i have de activated my facebook account so i dont get distracted and end up on there for hours...lol)
    My tutor only covered incomplete records and margins and mark ups on fri....with one week to go .....really annoyed at how they have taught this level in the college i attend....

I'm sitting ECR and FRA this time and really am stressing - I haven't a clue how to revise thought I was doing ok until I read an assessors report where it said "rote learning" wasn't good as it didn't demonstrate understanding - and I thought aaaaarrrrrggggghhhh surely thats what doing all the past papers is "rote learning" - I wish AAT would stick to one way of referring to things, every bloomin past paper words things differently - also a person in our ECR class is taking it for the THIRD time on Monday that really scares me.
Privacy Policy