Swine Flu

jilt
jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Hi all,

Just come on for a whinge. I'm not too well at the moment, :crying: I have a really bad throat, very sore and irritated with a tickly cough, however what is irritating me even more are my colleagues who have taken it upon themslves to diagnose me with swine flu! :glare:

I have checked on the NHS site using their 'check your symptons' tool and as I expected their diagnosis is I have a common (:ohmy: the cheek of it) cold!

I am in my own office, being very careful to cough into a tissue which I dispose of thoughtfully so am doing my best to greatly reduce the chance of them catching my common cold. Am stuck between a rock and a hard place, if I don't come into work my boss will moan and groan about it for the next 3 months, and because I'm in work all my colleagues are moaning that they're gonna die of swine flu! :mad2::mad2:

Might go and run amok around the offices and warehouse and breath on everyone :lol::lol:
Β«13

Comments

• LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Seesh, colleagues can be so mean :001_rolleyes:

You came to the right place for support:

Hang in there Miss Piggy!

Try not to die!

:001_smile:
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Seesh, colleagues can be so mean :001_rolleyes:

You came to the right place for support:

Hang in there Miss Piggy!

Try not to die!

:001_smile:

If they start shouting Apple Sauce.....I would definatley go home:lol::lol:
  • jilt
    Now if they had a stupid sense of humour that would be ok, they just whinge instead. Miserable gits! :bored:
  • LondonMatt
    jilt wrote: Β»
    :bored:

Bit off topic, but that has got to be the worst smiley available. I don't know what it means. I know it's supposed to be 'bored' but it just looks like a bloke with no eyes.

Weird
  • Diannew
    Bit off topic, but that has got to be the worst smiley available. I don't know what it means. I know it's supposed to be 'bored' but it just looks like a bloke with no eyes.

Weird

I know a midgett that looks just like that...spookey:001_tt2:
  • jilt

Weird

:laugh: Yes it represents bored, not a very good interpretation I know. I'm just so bored with them, they're not happy unless they have something to moan about.
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    My wife's a student nurse currently on placement, so is likely to be one of the first to get the vaccine. All very well, but she'll be the only one in our house of 7 not to get it. :lol:

I was distinctly less than impressed when I heard that hamthrax was one of these gastric types. A week of being unable to do much more than wave a remote around I can handle. Don't fancy the vomiting and diarrhoea much.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    stay away ...........i dont wanna catch it !!
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    :glare: I couldn't find the smiley for "Stay away Leper"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::thumbup:
  • mark130273
    but i find it funy how anyone with a little tickle of a cold ......suddenly its swine flu !:drool:
  • jilt
    AK002 wrote: Β»
    :glare: I couldn't find the smiley for "Stay away Leper"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::thumbup:

Don't worry with that bulge I couldn't get very close to you :laugh:
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Hi all,

Just come on for a whinge. I'm not too well at the moment, :crying: I have a really bad throat, very sore and irritated with a tickly cough, however what is irritating me even more are my colleagues who have taken it upon themslves to diagnose me with swine flu! :glare:

I have checked on the NHS site using their 'check your symptons' tool and as I expected their diagnosis is I have a common (:ohmy: the cheek of it) cold!

I am in my own office, being very careful to cough into a tissue which I dispose of thoughtfully so am doing my best to greatly reduce the chance of them catching my common cold. Am stuck between a rock and a hard place, if I don't come into work my boss will moan and groan about it for the next 3 months, and because I'm in work all my colleagues are moaning that they're gonna die of swine flu! :mad2::mad2:

Might go and run amok around the offices and warehouse and breath on everyone :lol::lol:

Sounds like someone is in serious need of a "there, there" and a lemsip or a hot toddy.
  • mark130273
    nah.locked in a room with only food and water...........quarentine for 12 months!!!
  • AK002
    nah.locked in a room with only food and water...........quarentine for 12 months!!!

Kitchen?
  • mark130273
    what a woman in the kitchen........................they shouldnt be allowed out of it.....only to bring the dinner to the table................oh no what have i said !
  • AK002
    lol!

It's great starting a men vs women arguement and then going back to work and not have to bother about the aftermath :cool2:
  • Diannew

:lol::lol::lol::lol: You could if you stuck a pin in him:lol:
  • AK002
    Diannew wrote: Β»

Don't give her any ideas! :lol:
  • Diannew
    lol!

It's great starting a men vs women arguement and then going back to work and not have to bother about the aftermath :cool2:

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.....been there......and the men lost as usual:001_tt2:
  • LondonMatt

I bet you say that to all the guys :ohmy:

But, I do think AK has come up with a good way of avoiding swine flu. Instead of Tamiflu tablets, the NHS should just hand out gimp suits to the public! No one would get close enough to another person to catch it. Genius!
  • mark130273
    yeh right....we NEVER lose !!
  • jilt
    Diannew wrote: Β»

:lol::lol::lol:
  • AK002

But, I do think AK has come up with a good way of avoiding swine flu. Instead of Tamiflu tablets, the NHS should just hand out gimp suits to the public! No one would get close enough to another person to catch it. Genius!

Would need to hand out beans too to have the desired effect... :lol:
  • jilt

I'll ask my coleagues which they prefer, I stay home or wear a gimp suit :laugh: Maybe they could vote on it.
  • jilt
    Ah forgot about the beans............................ maybe I'll stay home :001_tt2:
  • mark130273
    beans.............best way of having a bubblebath !!!
  • jilt
    Sounds like someone is in serious need of a "there, there" and a lemsip or a hot toddy.

Missed a big chunk of posts, don't know what happened there :confused1:
    Can't stand whisky......... the smell alone makes me feel ill :eek:

Oh no put my 'trotter' in it again :lol:
  • AK002
    LOL, should you lot not be working? :lol:
  • jilt

Should be yeah, but feeling pretty c**p :sad:.... am grounding to a halt now.
  • Diannew

Shouldn't you too:lol::lol:
Privacy Policy