Dog names

messedup89
messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
I am after getting a female german shephard and female labrador/retriever puppies. Any suggestions on name? German shep is tan and black, lab is golden
ยซ1

Comments

• Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Oh I love picking names for my animals. Its just my sons' names I found so difficult, thats why we called them Number 1 Son and Number 2 Son.

My boss called his dog Deefor (D for Dog) which I am not keen on. I called mine Iggy (Iggy Pup).

In the past I have had Dylan, Brigid, Nancy, Portia, Judy and Cullen. I hope to get a new one at Christmas and if it's a bitch I think I will call her either Niamh or Roisin. If it's a boy, hmm I don't know.

Have a look in the old myths and legends and see if there is anything inspirational. Or talk to someone from a different culture and ask them for mythological/historical suggestions.

Or, think of a word that means something to you, say "Teeth" and find out different translations. We once called a cat Grainne because it means Grace.

Tell me what you decide.

(Make sure you dont sound like a prat when you call out loud for them in the park!!)
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    my little one called our cat FIGERO !!!....cant wait till shes allowed out then i can do my opera.......figero figero figero ??
  • *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    our pets names tend to come from characters from tv. Currently we have Dogs Pheobe (Charmed) and Pug (who was named after my daughters teddy from when she was younger). Cats Misty, Anya (Buffy), Angelus (Angel and Buffy). Chinchilla Zanku (Charmed). In the past the two rats were Buffy and Faith and we had anouther dog called Piper (Charmed). One of our cats was Talon named after the spaceship on farscape. The rabbit was named by my ex who called him Benson as in Benson and Hedges!!
  • mark130273
    but why do we let the kids choice the name, we must know by now that they will not pick a good name. im just glad that my little one didnt decide to call our cat fluffykins ! standing at the door shouting "fluffykins" is not my cup of tea ???
  • messedup89
    lol fluffykins is so bad. The only time i would ever let kids name the pets is if it was there own pet, or if they choose a suitable name.
    My pets so far have been; benji (dog), smokey (cat), snowy (rabbit), ginger (fish), minx (cat), smudge (cat), fudge (cat), bonnie (dog) and lady (dog). Dont tend to go for too unusual names.
    Im thinking of calling the german shephard Sheba?
    Dont know about the lab/retriever tho
  • mark130273
    lol fluffykins is so bad. The only time i would ever let kids name the pets is if it was there own pet, or if they choose a suitable name.
    My pets so far have been; benji (dog), smokey (cat), snowy (rabbit), ginger (fish), minx (cat), smudge (cat), fudge (cat), bonnie (dog) and lady (dog). Dont tend to go for too unusual names.
    Im thinking of calling the german shephard Sheba?
    Dont know about the lab/retriever tho

well the lab/retriever........erm........let me think........its on the tip of my tongue..........:tongue_smilie:nope cna see it......:001_tt2:now i can can see it......

call it halfwit(after freddy) !!
  • turbo_sammie
    turbo_sammie Registered Posts: 51 Regular contributor โญ
    I quite like old man names for animals, like Barry, Clive, Bernard, Keith, Dave, etc. I named my little girl kitten Frankie. There's just something extra cute about an animal with a random name that you would more likely attach to an old drunk/friend of the family that your mum knows.

I hope I haven't offended any Barrys, Clives, Bernards, Keiths or Daves by calling them old men in this post. But I'm sure it's true. You won't ever find a tiny little baby called Keith. Weird.
  • mark130273
    dont know if i would classdave as an old name
  • messedup89
    dont know if i would classdave as an old name

i know quite a few people called dave my age and im (and them) are certainly not old :tongue_smilie:
  • mark130273
    i know quite a few people called dave my age and im (and them) are certainly not old :tongue_smilie:

are you sure !!!:001_tt2:
  • messedup89
    are you sure !!!:001_tt2:

20years. What's your opinion? :huh:
  • mark130273
    20years. What's your opinion? :huh:

ok now i feel old !:thumbdown:
  • messedup89
    ok now i feel old !:thumbdown:

lol how old? or is that a little rude and insensative of me? :001_tt2:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    When i was growing up we have a Lab called it bobby (no mark) it had a taste for pining up police against the wall didnt like the uniform so the name stuck
  • messedup89
    lol good name, makes sense. But mine will be a female
  • mark130273
    lol how old? or is that a little rude and insensative of me? :001_tt2:

slightly older than that. and us men dont give two flying f**ks about our age...36 and dam proud of it....:thumbup1:
  • messedup89
    slightly older than that. and us men dont give two flying f**ks about our age...36 and dam proud of it....:thumbup1:

you should be proud. It might be a lot older than me but it a lot younger than my parents :thumbup1:
  • mark130273
    you should be proud. It might be a lot older than me but it a lot younger than my parents :thumbup1:

well i hope so too...wouldnt want a 20 year old at my age... its enough trouble having a 4 year old !!!!dreading when she gets to the teenages years !!!!
  • messedup89
    aw teenage girls arnt that bad. The boys are tho :001_tt2:
  • A-Vic

lmao awww bless the slightly miss guilded :lol:
  • mark130273

nope ....cant wait for the first lad to be knocking at the door asking for my little one..................hes just going to get such a grilling !!!!!
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    A-Vic wrote: ยป

Messedup.............meet......leese.........................:001_tt2:
  • A-Vic
    nope ....cant wait for the first lad to be knocking at the door asking for my little one..................hes just going to get such a grilling !!!!!

Mark as a 36 YEAR OLD mother to a 17 year old daughter and granmother to a 4 month old LOCK YOUR DOOR AND NEVER OPEN IT
  • mark130273
    Messedup.............meet......leese.........................:001_tt2:

playing "cilla Black" ......:001_wub:
  • mark130273
    Mark as a 36 YEAR OLD mother to a 17 year old daughter and granmother to a 4 month old LOCK YOUR DOOR AND NEVER OPEN IT

sounds good to me !!!!mind you shes not allowed out till she 43 and had a padlocked pants fitted ?
  • messedup89

i was a teenager only 5months ago! :laugh:
  • A-Vic

Mark you hold him and i'll hit him
  • mark130273

and was you a terror ???
  • mark130273
    Mark you hold him and i'll hit him
    :drool:
    ok ..............make sure its a good strike !!!
  • messedup89
    no because im a girl. Dont let the 'messedup' fool you
    its just a song from sum41
Privacy Policy