The end of the world?

blobbyh
blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Yeah, despite sitting out two world wars waiting to see which side would win, the Swiss are finally gonna get armageddon serious sometime tomorrow!

Thus the burning question for tonight is do I need to set my 7.30am alarm clock or not?

So if we don't wake up tomorrow morning, can I just say sorry to all those people I've offended in my life? And if it doesn't happen, well, guess I'll just have to see my mother, Mark O and the rest of my enemies in Hell in a few decades time!

:crying:
ยซ1

Comments

• CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    At least you won't have to say sorry to as many people as the CERN guys if it all goes tits-up tomorrow.

"Whaddaya mean, 'Oops'?"
  • Baggybooks
    Baggybooks Registered Posts: 522 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Anyone else feeling disappointed?
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I was hoping it wouldn't end as I finished my health and Safety project at the weekend:lol::lol:
  • Baggybooks
    That's handy!
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Indeed it is, the end of the world couldn't have come at a worse time really for me if it had happened:lol::lol::lol:
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    So would that be Debit the Black Hole and Credit the Universe?

I told my kids we would find out if the world would end today on tomorrow's news. They were quite happy with that one........
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    My daughter didn't want to go to school today in case the world ended, however she was lifted by the thought of not having to do her homework for tomorrow!!!!!
  • blobbyh
    Anyone notice the irony of the date today?

10-09-08 - otherwise, 10, 9, 8...

The countdown to annhilation has begun!
  • richardw
    richardw Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    all theyve done is turn it on
    be a few more days before its fully operational
  • Baggybooks
    Anyone notice the irony of the date today?

10-09-08 - otherwise, 10, 9, 8...

The countdown to annhilation has begun!

I think it's more ironic that you sign your message of doom "best regards" - ever courteous, even as the clock ticks...:001_unsure:
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Well if you finish a sentence with a '.'

Then will the world end with two !!

Seams a lot of money to me.

Is that a research or development cost then? They keep telling us (whoever they are that is!)of the benefits that will come out of this for all of mankind?:lol::lol::lol:

I just want to know if it will do the washng up and the ironing for me

Poodle
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    So would that be Debit the Black Hole and Credit the Universe?

lol to funny forever the accounting student.

With the fuel crisis, credit crunch, poverty in the UK, 10% of children in the uk going hungry without a hot meal, and yes we spend half a billion on a project that the scientists quote " a bit of a gamble" now thats even funnier.

Sorry a bit sobering but true
  • SalinaA
    SalinaA Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor โญ
    The kids were the funniest with this though - I was at my mums so had the pleasure of hearing about how it affected all of them and my little sister (who is 6) was worried that she wouldnt be able to go to her friends birthday party on Saturday if anything happened!!!!! Made me laugh :lol:
  • blobbyh
    Going through old threads and came across this one from last year. Anyone remember how scientists were gonna create the black hole that enveloped the world in a nano-second? As we know, this year's doomsday myth is the swinecoli dejaflu allegedly killing millions worldwide but good news - the LHC will be back in two months time!

And this is for Vic, from wikipedia:

Data produced by LHC as well as LHC-related simulation will produce a total data output of 15 petabytes per year.[44] For comparison, every word spoken worldwide in one year, converted into text, would amount to 2-3 petabytes of data, only a fraction of the data size CERN has to handle.

Clearly, these scientists have never successfully measured the staggering output of A-Vic, Jock and others.
  • A-Vic
    Going through old threads and came across this one from last year. Anyone remember how scientists were gonna create the black hole that enveloped the world in a nano-second? As we know, this year's doomsday myth is the swinecoli dejaflu allegedly killing millions worldwide but good news - the LHC will be back in two months time!

And this is for Vic, from wikipedia:

Data produced by LHC as well as LHC-related simulation will produce a total data output of 15 petabytes per year.[44] For comparison, every word spoken worldwide in one year, converted into text, would amount to 2-3 petabytes of data, only a fraction of the data size CERN has to handle.

Clearly, these scientists have never successfully measured the staggering output of A-Vic, Jock and others.

bloody ell robery a bit of a long winded way to take the mick (love it) :lol: BTW did they ever get the experiment back up and running again ?????
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    bloody ell robery a bit of a long winded way to take the mick (love it) :lol: BTW did they ever get the experiment back up and running again ?????

I honestly don't post a lot...
  • blobbyh
    bloody ell robery

Eh?

Sudden death by black hole will resume around November time so hard questions need to be asked whether or not you invest in a Christmas tree.
  • troy
    troy Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Eh?

Sudden death by black hole will resume around November time so hard questions need to be asked whether or not you invest in a Christmas tree.

Invest in a Christmas tree????
    I bought mine many years ago and I insist I will be dragging its sorry, half bare stick thing out of the attic again!

Bah humbug!!
    (LOL)
  • blobbyh
    troy wrote: ยป
    I bought mine many years ago and I insist I will be dragging its sorry, half bare stick thing out of the attic again!

Sorry, are you still talking about the tree or your other half?
  • troy
    troy Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    No!!!

I put my other half out for for the bin men to collect a long time ago!!!

I swapped him for the Christmas tree......and I got the better deal
  • blobbyh
    He he he...
  • AK002
    lol!
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    wow ............think im going off to put a bet on the world ending tomorrow....think i might bet it will !!!!ahahahahahahah
  • A-Vic
    wow ............think im going off to put a bet on the world ending tomorrow....think i might bet it will !!!!ahahahahahahah

save your money mark wont be able to cash it in with it been end of the world
  • mark130273
    save your money mark wont be able to cash it in with it been end of the world

derrrrrrrrrr thats the joke ??
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    typical, i have just paid my deposit for my skiing holiday over xmas - wonder if i can get it back

mmmmm

Tracy
  • mark130273
    dont think they give refunds any more ??
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    bonus though, i might be the only one there - everyone else might not bother lol

Tracy
  • A-Vic
    derrrrrrrrrr thats the joke ??

derrrrrr i know :lol:
  • AK002
    derrrrrr i know :lol:

You didn't really LOL
Privacy Policy