Gaining work experiance while doing Technician

Options
toria1979
toria1979 Registered Posts: 34 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi all,
I have just finished intermediate and have started Technician, i recieved my ceertificate this morning but now i'm confused, it talks about logging work experiance etc, my job doesnt really have that much to do with Accounting thugh so im not sure if working with invoices and monthly reports on various things is worth putting in, can anyone give me any advise on the kinds of things i need to be logging on to my work experiance file so that when i finish Technician i can go for my membership???

Comments

• Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Depends what you mean by "working with invoices"!

Creating sales invoices certainly counts as good experience, as does posting purchase invoices to the ledgers. Putting things forward for payment or chasing customers for payment also counts.

Monthly reports can be good, but what kind of reports? Sales analysed by region or product? Expenses for various sites? Fixed asset register? All good choices.

Perhaps if you take us through a typical week at the moment, we could tell you what does count and suggest what you could ask for more of? My work experience wasn't great, but it was adequate as it was primarily bookkeeping-based.
Privacy Policy