Tippex?

Lynn Saunders
Lynn Saunders Registered Posts: 9 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Is tippex allowed in the exams?

I'm doing this by home study and have no-one to ask the silly little questions like this to!

Thanks, Lynn
ยซ1

Comments

• freck59
    freck59 Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor โญ

I'm doing this by home study and have no-one to ask the silly little questions like this to!

Thanks, Lynn

Hi Lynn,

I'm doing Unit 3 - PLB and have been told we can take tippex in. Just as well because I think I'm going to need a lake of the stuff....
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I think you are allowed to use it in moderation. I'm taking mine with me this afternoon.
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Yes you are allowed, but try to use in moderation...
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Yes
    I'd rather cross out an error and write the correction above. The problem with tippex is it takes time to dry by which time you could interupt your train of thought.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Sandy whats your take on rub out pens?
  • SandyHood
    Some students like them
    Remember sometimes the ink can rub itself out
    I've a intermediate student who loves them.
    If it is something you've used for months to take notes with and am happy with, and is something that isn't about to run out of ink I'd think it should be helpful.

But those of you who use them for note taking will no doubt be aware that if they are running low you writing can fade away (which is the last thing anyone would want) especially if the fading happened between the end of the exam and the time the marker started to try and read it

Sandy
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Yes
    I'd rather cross out an error and write the correction above. The problem with tippex is it takes time to dry by which time you could interupt your train of thought.

I use the "magic" mouse lol... used a hell of a lot of it for PEV today!
  • Lynn Saunders
    Lynn Saunders Registered Posts: 9 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Thanks for your replies... I have a "magic" mouse which does away with the waiting to dry problem. I'm hoping he won't be too busy in the BTC exam tomorrow but if today's revision is anything to go by he might be!!!
  • daly
    daly Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    eraseable pens

Forget the tippex, if you wish to use it then you can in moderation. Invest in these gel ink pens in tescos, if you do it wrong just rub it out and off comes the ink, much cleaner than tippex and much more neater than the old blue and white end erasers.
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    i did cross out things in the exam and made a note "please apologize my untidyness"
  • SandyHood
    New rules
    Correction fluid is no longer permitted in exams (even in moderation)
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    If its a sentance or workings its best left uncrossed out because it might earn you a point or 2 still.
  • Dipak Thanki
    Dipak Thanki Registered Posts: 135 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I usually write it in pencil first, then rub it out and then use pen. Tippex in an exam would be annoying.

Good luck!
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    New rules
    Correction fluid is no longer permitted in exams (even in moderation)

We have just been told the same at our college.
  • A-Vic
    what about rub out pens?
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ

Thanks, Lynn

Wouldn't it make a bit of a mess in a computer based exam?....lol
  • A-Vic
    Wouldn't it make a bit of a mess in a computer based exam?....lol

lmao
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Q How can you tell if a blonde's been using the computer?
    A: There's Tipex on the screen.

and before anyone starts, i am blond lol
  • A-Vic
    taskey wrote: ยป
    Q How can you tell if a blonde's been using the computer?
    A: There's Tipex on the screen.

and before anyone starts, i am blond lol

and still cleaning it off?
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    and still cleaning it off?

yep......
  • SandyHood
    I learned about the tippex rule at a recent meeting for AAT lecturers. The general view was that it had been brought in now, so everyone taking exams was used to it before the exams were all computer based.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Will ALL exams be computer based at some point then?!
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Is this in case people doing computer based exams don't realise that they can't use tippex?
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • bevhockey
    bevhockey Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    sdv wrote: ยป
    We have just been told the same at our college.
    We were told yesterday that tippex, erasable pen and pencil are all unacceptable in exams. Not looking forward to completing June exams without it. It won't be so bad in the written elements but trying to cross out numerial errors in pro-forma pages may be a nightmare.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    We were told yesterday that tippex, erasable pen and pencil are all unacceptable in exams. Not looking forward to completing June exams without it. It won't be so bad in the written elements but trying to cross out numerial errors in pro-forma pages may be a nightmare.
    Try using pencil first and then when you are done and it's correct, erase one at the time or write it over with pen instead?

Just for the proformas though, I would not suggest rewriting the whole paper!
  • A-Vic
    good grief it will be can only wear certain clothing items next
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    YES YES YES YES YES - Tippex is definitely allowed in AAT exams. I recommend though that rather than using Tippex you get yourself one of those pens that can be erased. The think does not become pernament for 24 hours. This will make your exam script far neater and easier to read. You can buy these pens in WH Smiths, Partners, Rymans, etc. I swore by them right throughout all of my exams.

Speegs
  • A-Vic
    speegs wrote: ยป
    YES YES YES YES YES - Tippex is definitely allowed in AAT exams. I recommend though that rather than using Tippex you get yourself one of those pens that can be erased. The think does not become pernament for 24 hours. This will make your exam script far neater and easier to read. You can buy these pens in WH Smiths, Partners, Rymans, etc. I swore by them right throughout all of my exams.

Speegs

Someone just said they arnt allowed either, i have used these in the past and cant see why they wouldnt allow them now?
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Someone just said they arnt allowed either, i have used these in the past and cant see why they wouldnt allow them now?

Sorry everyone I stand corrected. A-Vic and Sandy have just pointed out that Tippex are not allowed anymore. Things have changed in the two years since I qualified.

Naughty Speegs (for getting everyones hopes up)
  • OlympicRudi
    OlympicRudi Registered Posts: 55 Regular contributor โญ
    speegs wrote: ยป
    Sorry everyone I stand corrected. A-Vic and Sandy have just pointed out that Tippex are not allowed anymore. Things have changed in the two years since I qualified.

Naughty Speegs (for getting everyones hopes up)

Yeah my Tutor just got the email the morning I was due to take my final level 3 skills test. Lucky I didn't need any though. :)
Privacy Policy