The ECR Exam 30/11/2009

12346ยป

Comments

• dingaling
    dingaling Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor โญ
    sjb958 wrote: ยป
    dingaling can i just say that ur pretty dumb and you don't really know what you're talking about!

Regarding the abnormal gain question:

it was an abnormal gain of 40! the expected amout was 475 (500 x 5% loss) and we got an actual amount of 515. This is an unexpected gain of 40. (ie 40 more than 475 that was expected)

So the input of 500 and unexpected gain of 40 went on the left
    and the output of 515 and normal loss of 25 went on the right.

I think you should reread your books mate before you start slagging off other people

Whatever mate! its physically impossible to get out more than you put in and if YOU read the definition of abnormal gains the gain comes from the expected loss. nob
  • d1g1tal1
    d1g1tal1 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    What A Load of ****

Well, i think everyone is as ******* as a turkey at christmas, Kaplan dont know what they are doing, the colleges are useless, and AAT, nice way to get another ยฃ44 from everyone.

The exam did not reflect what had been taught, our group even questioned if it was the right exam !

IF I continue on this course, I can assure you I will be doing everything possible to cheat/use crib sheets/provide information to other students.

We expect to be taught the correct relevant information, this hasnt happened, if AAT dont sort this out it just shows what a sham they really are.
  • Nick Creal
    Nick Creal Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Marga
    i got the same figure for the 2 vans so i went for the one that you got more money for when you sold it
  • anitag
    anitag Registered Posts: 17 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    limited factors?

can anyone remember any of the details of this question. Can't remember what I did?
  • Pav
    Pav Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    anitag wrote: ยป
    can anyone remember any of the details of this question. Can't remember what I did?

I can't remeber, what it was. I found limiting factors task easy, i know i did it right. The copy of question paper will be out on AAT website before 9/12/2009, as AAT is saying. So it will be helpfull for us after looking at exam paper to decide whether we pass or ???????????.........
  • anitag
    anitag Registered Posts: 17 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    i know i ended up not using one of the products (or whatever it was) the full amount of 1 and part of the second best contribution. i took away all the fixed costs even the one we did not produce as I figured this figure still needed to be paid (a very garbled summary of what I can remember) don't suppose its sounds familiar to you Pav?
  • kirsty20
    kirsty20 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Ecr exam 30/11/09

Please could everyone who feels that the ECR exam on monday 30/11/09 was poor compared to what we have been taught and studied, contact the aat by email as I have done and so have many others, as it states that all emails will be read and will influence the marking. Also their is a feedback questionnaire , if you type feedback in the search box, youll find it, again as many of us that fill this out the better, as a lot of us feel disadvantaged by the exam paper and again aat have to take this in to consideration, this has to be done as soon as possible before 9th December as after this they will be marking the papers, apparently once read all students remarks and assed the paper and how everyone managed with it they will then set the marking standard, I know a lot of you are aware of this, so dont mean to appear as if I am telling you something you already know, but I only found out yesterday my self, and if their is others who dont know we need to get our feedback in, and perhaps stand a chance of acheiving that mark we all deserve, as like the rest of you the amount of study I put in was unbelievable and the questions asked were something else. Obviously we all need to be truthful in giving our feedback.
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Please could everyone who feels that the ECR exam on monday 30/11/09 was poor compared to what we have been taught and studied, contact the aat by email as I have done and so have many others, as it states that all emails will be read and will influence the marking. Also their is a feedback questionnaire , if you type feedback in the search box, youll find it, again as many of us that fill this out the better, as a lot of us feel disadvantaged by the exam paper and again aat have to take this in to consideration, this has to be done as soon as possible before 9th December as after this they will be marking the papers, apparently once read all students remarks and assed the paper and how everyone managed with it they will then set the marking standard, I know a lot of you are aware of this, so dont mean to appear as if I am telling you something you already know, but I only found out yesterday my self, and if their is others who dont know we need to get our feedback in, and perhaps stand a chance of acheiving that mark we all deserve, as like the rest of you the amount of study I put in was unbelievable and the questions asked were something else. Obviously we all need to be truthful in giving our feedback.

hi i want to do this but i dont remember what was asked in which task

anyone able to advise?

i am specially interested on

Bonus question
    P&L's
    process
  • harrry78
    harrry78 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    harrry78

Hi!Does anybody knew how to finf out what r the correct answers to ECR fro 30th Nov?
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    i think the paper and the answers will be soon uploaded

i think i read 9th of dec
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Sandy Hood has done a written version of the answers and I have offered to type them out for him as he doesnt have time. He is posting them to me so hopefully we should soon know the answers as he knows his stuff!
  • jewels.p
    Whatever mate! its physically impossible to get out more than you put in and if YOU read the definition of abnormal gains the gain comes from the expected loss. nob

To settle the argument I spoke to Sandy Hood on Friday and he said that it is impossible to get out more than you put in making what most of us thought right. I was annoyed about this question as I was pretty confident at doing Process Accounts but didnt balance it as there was no way it worked out with the output being 515 kg!
  • stranger
    stranger Registered Posts: 12 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Not being funny mate, but I know what an abnormal gain is thanks. Its physically impossible to get more out than you put in which is why my totor is ringing AAT tmro to find out.

As for getting it wrong, I think you are making the wrong assumption because I know how to work out the cost per kg based on the exoected output.

Please don't talk to me anymore, and I would recommend buying a new book!
    clearly you don't know what an abnormal gain is, or you would know it's a gain that's abnormal, not expected, shouldn't happed! but has happend. look in ur book and you'll see it's called an abnormal gain!

It is possible for some product to to get more out than you put in, by nature some material expand/grow during a process, simple.
  • stranger
    stranger Registered Posts: 12 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    There was nothing wrong with Dec ECR

You do not rely on pass exam papers!! Know your standards, btw NPC was in the last paper. If you prepared for the paper and got stuck on a few areas, dont worry you are not alone, you are probably better than those who were not prepared. Merry christmas and enjoy your holiday....you will PASS if you did work hard for it :)

A tutor.
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Stranger
    Thank you for your contribution to the thread.
    I agree that there are circumstances where the input product will weigh less than the output.
    If I plant seeds and then wait for them to grow, I would hope that the harvest will weigh more than the seeds.
    But I will no doubt have added more than just seeds as inputs in order to help the harvest.
    I haven't used process costing for costing agricultural/horticultural production.

So far as a large manufacturing plant which produces a range of pharmaceutical products is concerned, I can't think of a situation where a continuous process would produce more kilograms of output than went into the process to start with.
    I was fortunate to visit the (then) SmithKline Beacham manufacturing site at Manor Royal, Crawley a few years ago. This was a CIMA visit. The production lines are highly controlled and hygeinic (unlike my garden). I struggle to think of how (in this environment) 500 kgs could go into production and 25 kgs come out as scrap plus another 515 kgs come out as finished product.

I like the question in many respects, and I felt an abnormal gain ought to be tested, but my notes on process costing now include this question in a modified form where actual output for the month was 485 kgs instead.
    My involement in pharmaceutical manufacture is limited to my visit to one factory on one evening, so I am not by any means an expert. So it would help me, if you could cite a pharmaceutical product where you "get more out than you put in" and where the "material expand/grow during a process".
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • jewels.p
    I work in a Manufacturing Company (we make Cleaning chemicals) and I have never known an output more than an input. I do not know a lot about this part of the business as I am not in Production but I have asked our Production Manager and he said that the only way there would be an output more than an input is when there has been an error.
  • flower
    flower Registered Posts: 160 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    ECR CBE is even harder especially when you are not able to show workings and pick up extra marks. There is only one correct answer. Nothing like the practise one on AAT.
  • jewels.p
    flower wrote: ยป
    ECR CBE is even harder especially when you are not able to show workings and pick up extra marks. There is only one correct answer. Nothing like the practise one on AAT.

I have never done any CBE's all my exams have been done on paper. I always wondered how people managed to show their workings and you have just confirmed it. Dont think I would like that then as I think we all rely on our workings to get us marks even if our final answer is wrong.
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I know of a process where an output in KG is greater then input in KG

processed chicken breasts

input of chicken breast in KG
    input of water/preservatives in liters

out put of chicken breasts in KG (greater KG then input KG, even after taking normal loss into account)

Interesting or NOT?
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    The total weight of all the outputs will still not exceed the total weight of inputs.
    You can't ignore the water that you add anymore than a fizzy drink or a beer manufacturer can ignore water inputs.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • flower
    flower Registered Posts: 160 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Yes you get results as soon as you finish. As I have said previously think it is harder doing CBE as you cannot get marks for workings.
Privacy Policy