iPad

PGM
PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Apple have released yet another nice new shiney gadget which will no doubt make them many millions.

I would kind of like one... But I can't work out when it would be of more use than either a mobile phone or a laptop?!

http://www.apple.com/ipad/

Comments

• Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor 🐘
    If you use it as a phone, er wont it be difficult looking cool with it held up to your ear, a la Dom Jolie???
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Something for the gadget freaks and Apple groupies with more money than sense, IMO. £700 buys you a fairly decent conventional laptop too. Still, it'll look cool until you scratch the screen.
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    That should just be a permanent fixture in all modern apartments....Itll come as standard soon !!!!
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    CJC wrote: »
    Something for the gadget freaks and Apple groupies with more money than sense, IMO. £700 buys you a fairly decent conventional laptop too. Still, it'll look cool until you scratch the screen.

Cheapest one is £350ish tho is it not?
  • CJC
    AK002 wrote: »
    Cheapest one is £350ish tho is it not?

I'd seen £700 quoted but that seems to be for the top-of-the-range model. Apple haven't announced UK prices yet.
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I love the new iPad - and it will look great next to my iPhone - sort of like a big brother for him...
  • PGM
    I love the new iPad - and it will look great next to my iPhone - sort of like a big brother for him...

You might reach for the iPad thinking its the iPhone, then reaslise its a lot further away than you thought! :D

Cheapest iPad is $500 in the US, so about £350 if you buy one there. I'd guess it'll be closer to £500 here.
  • mini_schnauzer
    it will be worth every penny. I do like shiney new things, especially anything Apple
  • Almajo
    Almajo Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    I'm not sure where the appeal is. The iPad is nothing more than an overpriced tablet netbook with poor specs and has low functionality as compared to a Windows netbook.

If this sells well it will be an example of how powerful the Apple brand is.
  • PGM
    Almajo wrote: »
    I'm not sure where the appeal is. The iPad is nothing more than an overpriced tablet netbook with poor specs and has low functionality as compared to a Windows netbook.

If this sells well it will be an example of how powerful the Apple brand is.

I was anti Apple, I hated the i everything. Then I got an iPhone and its far better than the 2 windows mobiles I had previosuly, even though on paper they had better specs.

Apple does make good hardware, and well integrated software. I do agree it does seen lacking compared to a basic netbook, as it doesn't multi task! And Apple have had failures before, just look at the Cude! (if that made you think eh!? that proves the point! :D )
  • CJC
    I do like shiney new things, especially anything Apple

I suspect that people who like shiny new things are Apple's core market :001_smile:
  • Sweetpotato Chips
    Sweetpotato Chips Registered Posts: 173 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    CJC wrote: »
    I suspect that people who like shiny new things are Apple's core market :001_smile:
    I've heard the reviews have been pretty bad for the ipad and its not as good as the rest of the i range..I love my iphone !!! its almost my best friend lol
  • Almajo
    Almajo Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    PGM wrote:
    I was anti Apple, I hated the i everything. Then I got an iPhone and its far better than the 2 windows mobiles I had previosuly, even though on paper they had better specs.

Apple does make good hardware, and well integrated software. I do agree it does seen lacking compared to a basic netbook, as it doesn't multi task! And Apple have had failures before, just look at the Cude! (if that made you think eh!? that proves the point! )

I'll be honest, I've never owned Apple hardware before. What exactly made the iPhone better than those Windows mobiles? I'd guess the iPhone might have a better availability of software, or a more streamlined interface? Of course, it doesn't matter that much to me, I have to make do with my cheapo touchscreen phone. :(

You're right, I've never heard of the Cude!
  • PGM
    Almajo wrote: »
    I'll be honest, I've never owned Apple hardware before. What exactly made the iPhone better than those Windows mobiles? I'd guess the iPhone might have a better availability of software, or a more streamlined interface? Of course, it doesn't matter that much to me, I have to make do with my cheapo touchscreen phone. :(

You're right, I've never heard of the Cude!

Sorry I spelt it wrong, its the Cube.

The web browser works much better on the iPhone than the windows ones I had. Loads fast, turn the phone horizontal and the page has more width, can quickly resize or move a page with your fingers. Then you get the apps for things you want like weather, sport, twitter etc and they work perfectly with the phones interface.

Other than that, its just a really nice piece of hardware.
  • mini_schnauzer
    Everyone wants different things and has different needs.
    I do not use laptops - but for want I want, the iPad is great and is what I have been waiting for.
  • sunshine2010
    sunshine2010 Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
    I have the iphone so probably wouldnt benefit from the ipad too much only the size of the screen really...still really like the idea of it.
  • PGM
    I have the iphone so probably wouldnt benefit from the ipad too much only the size of the screen really...still really like the idea of it.

Thats still what I'm thinking. I'd like one, but just can't justify the cost....
  • sunshine2010
    sunshine2010 Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
    ipad

yeh same really i still think when it comes out that i wont be able to resist buying one...
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    another technology piece to come out and really is it worth it !!!
  • mini_schnauzer
    iPad has been shipped and is on its way to its new home with me...
    A shiney new thing that will probably annoy loads of people, but for me it is what I've been waiting for.
    Another distraction from studying!
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    iPad has been shipped and is on its way to its new home with me...
    A shiney new thing that will probably annoy loads of people, but for me it is what I've been waiting for.
    Another distraction from studying!

Perhaps it can sit your exam for you????? :lol:

ENJOY PLAYTIME WITH 'SHINY NEW THING' WHEN IT ARRIVES - SIT - WORSHIP - GLOAT!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
Privacy Policy