Men Drivers

jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
I went to get Diesel at the Garage before work this morning and the place was mobbed. I was waiting in the queue and was quite near the entrance. Then the Car in front went into reverse and I thought he was away to hit me so I looked in my mirror went into reverse then moved A COUPLE OF INCHES and bang I looked in my mirror and this great big Limo looking car was behind me and I hit it. We both got out of the Car and I said to the bloke I am really sorry but I thought the bloke in front was away to hit me and his reply was "So you thought you would reverse into me" in a patronising tone. Anyway no damage luckily but afterwards I thought about it. He was trying to get off the main road with his giant car and decided to park a maximum of 2 inches behind me AND I WAS APOLOGISING TO HIM! I know if there was damage it was my fault as I hit him but when I think about it he shouldn't have been so close anyway! Aaagh Men Drivers think they own the road!:mad:
ยซ1

Comments

• troy
    troy Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Sorry about this...but that is quite funny!

Of course only because there was no damage done....but it really is funny. Oh, and SO true about male drivers!

Will the men on here start posting about how much us women are victimising them?
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    troy wrote: ยป

Of course only because there was no damage done....but it really is funny. Oh, and SO true about male drivers!

Will the men on here start posting about how much us women are victimising them?

After being a professional driver for 20 + years(in a previous life) I can assure you that there are as many bad male drivers out there as there are bad female drivers so I am not going to start on about victimising anyone.
  • jewels.p
    troy wrote: ยป

Not so funny. Got my Car washed on Friday and there is scratches right along the bumper so totally peed off now!:mad2:
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    men drivers....havent read this thread but ...please dont start on the sexism driver !!!
  • jewels.p
    men drivers....havent read this thread but ...please dont start on the sexism driver !!!

I only named the thread that to see if I could get anyone (of the male species) wound up! lol
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I only named the thread that to see if I could get anyone (of the male species) wound up! lol
    Clearly worked then... Poor Mark...
  • Sweetpotato Chips
    Sweetpotato Chips Registered Posts: 173 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    Clearly worked then... Poor Mark...
    Pulled into a petrol pump this morning started to fill up and a man pulled in behind me which i thought was odd considering there where empty pumps avaliable anyway I filled up went to the loo got my snacks and paid...Came back to my car and if looks could kill I'd be dead...steam out of his ears and everything..tell me someone please if he was in that much of a bloody hurry why didn't he go to one of the empty pumps !!
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I parked my car outside a house on Friday night to go to the mobile chippie, to find someone parked behind me so I couldn't get out. Trudged back to the van to ask if anyone had a blue VW, not anyone in the q. So went back to car, thinking we're gonna have cold fish & chips tonight, when somone from the house asked if I wanted to get out? Apparantly she couldn't get down the drive which was next to where I had parked, so they blocked me in!!! There was enough room to park next to me?? I was so flabagasted I didn't say anything, but was fairly annoyed.
    Some people just have to be awkward...'cept this one was a woman.
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Pulled into a petrol pump this morning started to fill up and a man pulled in behind me which i thought was odd considering there where empty pumps avaliable anyway I filled up went to the loo got my snacks and paid...Came back to my car and if looks could kill I'd be dead...steam out of his ears and everything..tell me someone please if he was in that much of a bloody hurry why didn't he go to one of the empty pumps !!

Ermmmm - Because he is a man?????
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I have a neighbour who is a complete bitch. Our road only have five houses on it and 4 bungalows. Every house and bungalow has a drive way and also a parking bay outside on the road. Everyone knows that my mum is disabled and likes to park on the "disabled" bay outside our house. No-one else on the road is registered disabled, just my mum. Well our bitch of a neighbour insists on parking on the disabled bay outside our house. Not being a family that likes to cause trouble my mum did not say anything until she, my mum, decided to park in the bay outside our neighbours house. Then our neighbour complained to the council. The coucil said that anyone with a valid parking permit could park on any of the bays in our road, but only those with disabled badges could park in the disabled bay.

Well the very next day some parking wardens happen to come down our road and my neighbours car got towed away. Ha ha. What goes around comes around. Result!!!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hahaha love it nice one speegs
  • jewels.p
    speegs wrote: ยป
    Ermmmm - Because he is a man?????

Yip!
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    We're the best drivers... ever... FACT
  • Claire321
    Claire321 Registered Posts: 209 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Women drivers get cheaper car insurance ..... cus we're the better drivers .... FACT
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    How many women do I know with automatic only driving licences? About three or four.

How many men do I know with automatic only driving licences? Not a single one. We'd rather not drive at all.

So much for only women being able to multi-task with men allegedly being completely unable to. But then I guess balancing a few pots and pans with a roast in the oven all at the same time is soooooooo much harder than steering, accelerating, braking, clutching, changing gear etc...
    Women drivers get cheaper car insurance ..... cus we're the better drivers .... FACT

'Cos it'd be classed as sexist, discriminatory and banned from TV if it were any other way. I used to drive for a living and I wouldn't say one sex is better than the other but I'd also say probably more men drive so inevitably there'll be more male accidents. It proves little unless true driver/accident ratios can be drawn.
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    How many women do I know with automatic only driving licences? About three or four.

How many men do I know with automatic only driving licences? Not a single one. We'd rather not drive at all.

So much for only women being able to multi-task with men allegedly being completely being unable to. But then I guess balancing a few pots and pans with a roast in the oven all at the same time is soooooooo much harder than steering, accelerating, braking, clutching, changing gear etc...

I would run for cover if I were you, Robert.....lol
  • troy
    troy Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰

So much for only women being able to multi-task with men allegedly being completely unable to. But then I guess balancing a few pots and pans with a roast in the oven all at the same time is soooooooo much harder than steering, accelerating, braking, clutching, changing gear etc...

How dare you suggest that women are only fit to stay in the kitchen, cooking!

I am sure we can ALL name occasions of both men and women have been poor drivers but you do not have to get personal!
  • blobbyh
    Don't worry FG, I'm more than capable of keeping the male end up on this thread...

Troy, I think being able to cook a perfect roast dinner with almost military precision - which I myself will admit I cannot - is the only raison d'etre that women ever seem to have for owning the term multi-tasking.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Don't worry FG, I'm more than capable of keeping the male end up on this thread...
    It's must be those little blue pills.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    :lol:
  • smallmas
    smallmas Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    ... and bang I looked in my mirror and this great big Limo looking car was behind me and I hit it.

/Devil's advocate mode
    You reversed into someone and therefore it's their fault for being to close?
    What if a small child had been crossing behind your car and you had driven into them? What it be the child's fault?
    /Devil's advocate

As I tell my partner - no gender is more superior to either. It's just that men are better :P
  • Rinske
    Actually, there is a difference between a kid and a car. The main thing is that the brain controlling the kid is a kiddies brain and therefore does not see any danger, while the brain controlling the car is of an adult person, who knows parking there might be stupid.

However that's just me thinking and as men are big kids anyways, it is debatable... :001_tt2:
  • smallmas
    smallmas Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    . It proves little unless true driver/accident ratios can be drawn.

They have been - proportionately women have more accidents, however, the cost of men's accidents is higher when they do happen.

Returning to the subject - if it had been a bloke driving in the original situation, there would have been a greater chance they would have noticed how close the car behind was before reversing thus avoiding any accident.

However, if a bloke driving hadn't noticed the car behind the resulting accident would instead have involved a huge explosion and a significant injury lawyers 4 u claim!

Personally, i think the bloke's accident would be more spectacular, proving men are superior :P
  • blobbyh
    Sorry Jewels but this was your 'accident' and the fact it was a man behind you is nothing more than sexist propaganda and blame shifting! You reversed into him, he didn't drive forwards into you.

And Rinske, the man behind wasn't parked but simply waiting for the car in front to move forwards. At some time or other, we've all queued at busy petrol stations and tried to get our cars as much off the road and onto the forecourt as possible so as to not block the traffic behind us. What we don't expect is the driver in front suddenly trying to reverse - in a petrol station of all places with flammable fuels, danger of explosion etc - without looking backwards first!

I've only ever been hit by two other vehicles in my life and both were being driven by females. The first one hit the side of my car while chatting to her mate but didn't report it to her insurance company and had actually given me a false name. Fortunately for me (and foolishly for her) she gave me her real mobile number and admitted it when I said I'd have her tracked down. The second time, the woman driving a big rental van smashed the face off my parked Renault and then drove off without stopping (luckily she was spotted and was forced to admit it or confess to the police). (And a good tip for anyone who ever has an accident. Make them ring your mobile from theirs so you get their number then call it back to double check and also take a picture of their face and ID if you have a camera on your own phone)

Which to me, proves that when women have an accident, 100% of the time they'll drive off and/or try to get away with it! How sexist is that?! ;-)
  • jewels.p
    /Devil's advocate mode
    You reversed into someone and therefore it's their fault for being to close?
    What if a small child had been crossing behind your car and you had driven into them? What it be the child's fault?
    /Devil's advocate

As I tell my partner - no gender is more superior to either. It's just that men are better :P

A Small Child wouldnt have fitted in the gap between me and the Limo so dont give me that one you sound like a Driving Instructor! I had only moved a couple of inches before I hit the Limo so it would have to be a VERY small child!
  • jewels.p
    Sorry Jewels but this was your 'accident' and the fact it was a man behind you is nothing more than sexist propaganda and blame shifting! You reversed into him, he didn't drive forwards into you.

And Rinske, the man behind wasn't parked but simply waiting for the car in front to move forwards. At some time or other, we've all queued at busy petrol stations and tried to get our cars as much off the road and onto the forecourt as possible so as to not block the traffic behind us. What we don't expect is the driver in front suddenly trying to reverse - in a petrol station of all places with flammable fuels, danger of explosion etc - without looking backwards first!

I've only ever been hit by two other vehicles in my life and both were being driven by females. The first one hit the side of my car while chatting to her mate but didn't report it to her insurance company and had actually given me a false name. Fortunately for me (and foolishly for her) she gave me her real mobile number and admitted it when I said I'd have her tracked down. The second time, the woman driving a big rental van smashed the face off my parked Renault and then drove off without stopping (luckily she was spotted and was forced to admit it or confess to the police). (And a good tip for anyone who ever has an accident. Make them ring your mobile from theirs so you get their number then call it back to double check and also take a picture of their face and ID if you have a camera on your own phone)

Which to me, proves that when women have an accident, 100% of the time they'll drive off and/or try to get away with it! How sexist is that?! ;-)

If you read my thread properly the MAN in front of me started to reverse that is why I went into reverse as I thought he was about to hit me. I then looked in my mirror and nothing was there so went into reverse and moved EVER SO SLIGHTLY to then hear a bang. So there was a MAN in front who tried to reverse and a MAN behind who had a Limo the size of a Bus trying to get the back end off the main road and the only way he could do this is by driving right up the **se of the car in front.

Wow the title of this thread worked. It's now Men against Women!:laugh:
  • Rinske
    Haha! It worked indeed.

Blobby, I've never driven a car, so can't say I have queued around in tankstations at all... (Hopefully will finally have the money to start on it soon though)

As for stupid accidents, I had a truck driving over my cycle, because he was trying to take a corner without looking, (I was cycling on the road where he was going in) and yes he was wrong for not even looking (he was looking in his mirrors instead of the road where he wanted to go in) and on the wrong side of the road. The only reason he never hit me, was that I managed to jump of my cycle in time. I had to buy a new cycle though.
    It was a freaky accident, still don't understand how he managed to be on the wrong side of the road and not looking where he was going, but hey!)

I am sorry Blobby if what I said offended you, but seriously, I was trying to lighten up the mood a bit as it is Friday afternoon after all!

I still think we should celebrate it's Friday afternoon and we survived another working week, rather than argue over who the better driver is!
  • blobbyh
    I did read your original post Jewels and it doesn't mention there was nothing behind you when you started to reverse, unless it was in a small white font! But the point is, you arguably shouldn't reverse in petrol stations anyway and if you hadn't moved yourself, none of this would have happened!

Why would I be offended Rinske? Not in the slightest just that those trying to pass blame on are often the ones whose fault it is entirely!
  • Rinske
    Why would I be offended Rinske? Not in the slightest just that those trying to pass blame on are often the ones whose fault it is entirely!

So are we going to celebrate the weekend now? :)
    I can do with not being at work for another hour (and 15 minutes)!
  • jewels.p
    I did read your original post Jewels and it doesn't mention there was nothing behind you when you started to reverse, unless it was in a small white font! But the point is, you arguably shouldn't reverse in petrol stations anyway and if you hadn't moved yourself, none of this would have happened!

What about the bloke in front of me that reversed first. If he hadnt done it none of this would have happened! So lets blame him and leave it at that..............................but no doubt you will still blame me. I can take it like a Woman!:laugh:
Privacy Policy