Small Coy's Accounts under CA2006

Options
osb2403
osb2403 Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
Does anyne know where I can get a template to use to prepare abbreviated small company accounts under companies act 2006, that's free!! My employer only has a small practice with a couple of ltd coy's so not really cost effective for him to purchase expensive software, either that or he is tight :-). Just thought I would see if any fellow aat members have any ideas to help, Thanks, Simon

Comments

• whiterose
    whiterose Registered Posts: 49 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    If it's just abbreviated accounts that you're talking about - why not file online with Companies House and use their own template? You download it, key in your figures and send it back.
  • osb2403
    Options
    Thanks but they need to be provided to the company as well. Basic ltd coy accounts for SME's
  • Anne Boleyn
    Anne Boleyn Registered Posts: 196 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Ltd company accounts

Hi

You need to provide full accounts to the company not just abbreviated ones.

I have a very small practice but purchased Sage accounts production which wasn't that expensive.
  • BIG WAL
    BIG WAL Registered Posts: 133 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    VT accounts costs only £199 +VAT and has all templates you need. As well as the excellent bookkeeping package you can produce both the full and abbreviated accounts under both the old and new companies regime. (I wish I had a fiver for every time I recommend VT - I swear by it now)

If he's too mean even spend that, then he can get a book with specimen accounts (including abbreviated accounts) from Surebeck Ltd for £39. (www.surebeck.co.uk).
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    The wording that is required for filing Abbreviated Accounts under the new Companies Act 2006 is available free of charge from Companies House:

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/about/gbhtml/gp2.shtml#ch6
  • osb2403
    Options
    Thanks All

Thank you to everyone that sent messages of advice.
    Whilst I would prefer the boss to actually invest in some decent software like VT, which would make life so much easier, I have only managed to encourage him to purchase an appropriate book but that's a good start.

Thanks everyone.
  • Jmann
    Jmann Registered Posts: 68 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Google brings a warning notice when I try to visit surebeck's webiste. Google's diagnostic page says that this page contains trojan or something and may harm my computer. I cannot proceeds until I agree to understand the danger of going to that website!

And Internet Explorer let me visit the website!
Privacy Policy