Struggling to find enough peace and quiet at home to study .... aaargh!

anniem
anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
It says it all in the title.

Totally exasperated at the moment.

Anyone else????? Please don't tell me I'm on my own - I need to know I'm not!
FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire

Comments

• *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    anniem wrote: ยป
    It says it all in the title.

Totally exasperated at the moment.

Anyone else????? Please don't tell me I'm on my own - I need to know I'm not!

You are soooooooooo not alone, what with well meaning friends popping round, teenage daughters being pains in ass and all the things you keep remembering you need to get done at home its hell.

But hey makes life interesting eh :)
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    same here. i was trying to read and hubby starts biting an ice cream stick
  • safrica
    safrica Registered Posts: 106 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Could you not try to escape to your local library for let's say 2-3 hours?
  • Primble

lol taking friday off for peaceful studying
  • anniem

It would be nice, but with my nice *pain free* new hip less than 3 weeks old, it's a struggle to carry those big, heavy books around on crutches!

I want them to all bu**er off out, problem is with a 3 year old they need to go to bed, which is more difficult when it's still hot and sunny and he wants to play on his scooter in the garden - at the same time that *not very helpful Dad* is chainsawing trees down!!!

AAAAARGH - it's now 21.50 hrs.

PEACE AT LAST - Dad at Pub, 12yr and 3yr both in bed - problem is I'm now too pooped to start on books!!!!!

Gotta laugh really ;-)
  • anniem
    lol taking friday off for peaceful studying

Good plan - just ignore the housework/laundry/shopping though!
  • Primble
    anniem wrote: ยป
    Good plan - just ignore the housework/laundry/shopping though!

thats what the husband is for isn't it? although i was meant to be ironing whilst watching glee. instead dad rings for a chat and i stay up late to watch the end of glee
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    How about hanging about in work for spare unused office ? Local library ? I live in a small flat with girlfriend, a staf dog and a cat !! Aaaaaaaarggghhh..
    Oh yeah...try working in the bedroom wiv ya ipod on !!! That has helped me many a time
  • Primble
    steveJ wrote: ยป
    How about hanging about in work for spare unused office ? Local library ? I live in a small flat with girlfriend, a staf dog and a cat !! Aaaaaaaarggghhh..
    Oh yeah...try working in the bedroom wiv ya ipod on !!! That has helped me many a time

yeah bedroom with music works ok until you fall asleep.lol
  • *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I cant concentrate if there's music on :(, my daughter always puts scuzz on the tv when shes revising.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    *Jo wrote: ยป
    I cant concentrate if there's music on :(, my daughter always puts scuzz on the tv when shes revising.

same as me, it has to be quiet. i tried putting radio 1 on my laptop but it did my head in. my family are very good in that they try and leave me alone, but obviously when they need feeding or dad cant find something i do get the long drawn out muuuuuuum!!!
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I love it when it really is silent, but my boyfriend starts filling the silence by singing or talking etc, because he doesn't like it. So usually just before he gets up/ in I turn on the online Dutch radio, so that he doesn't understand what anyone says and I get at most the comments on certain songs. It works for me, as he can't comments or laugh at something someone said.

I usually just ignore the radio and continue studying, just to pick up some funny sentences now and then, in which case I listen for about 1 minute before I go back to the study. Radio is usually not disturbing me, it's the chatting of the boyfriend that does me in (or the noise from a game he is playing).
  • anniem
    I worked like fury yesterday to get most of the month end paperwork done so that I can spend today STUDYING quietly at home whilst everyone is at work or school. YAAAAAY!!

If you find me lurking on here then I have *temporarily* :lol: become distracted!
Privacy Policy