Revision Techniques and Tips?

candykisses
candykisses Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
Hi

Got the FRA exam coming up in June and just wondered how much revision you are all doing at the moment?

I work full time and attend two evening classes a week 6 - 9 pm, so we are doing past papers at the moment.

I'm trying to do one hour per day revision at home on the nights I havent got college - do you think this is sufficient for a major exam?

I've made some index cards with key points on such as FRS18 concepts, so sometimes just browse through those too.

Any other tips welcome!

Comments

• meibaker
    meibaker Registered Posts: 481 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    what i did was go through the past exams times after times. and it worked for me.
    good luck with ur exams
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    What i did candy for the fra and for all the exams is do a paper then make flash notes for each possible question i.e SOFP (see steve i remembered lol) i wrote the lay out and what needs to go where. Also the ratios contunuosly wrote them out and the reasons behind them. as well as did a voice recording on my MP3 so i could lisen on the way to and from work.

good luck for june :)

Vic
  • bubs
    bubs Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi Vic

Excuse my ignorance but what is SOFP.

Bubs
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    bubs wrote: Β»
    Hi Vic

Excuse my ignorance but what is SOFP.

Bubs

Statement of Financial Position - previoulsy known as the balance sheet
  • Shell B
    Shell B Registered Posts: 95 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hello

I did my FRA exam today and passed.
    Like you i work 9-5 and go to college 2 nights a week and i know its hard work, but the sense of satisfaction at the end is fantastic.

with FRA i two did all the past papers, i started from the very old ones to the new ones and as i was going through i would make a note of anything that was causing me major problems, then i would make notes on them and spend some time on these areas before i moved to the next paper. It is a long winded process but it works.

Definelty learn the layout of the profit and loss and balance sheet, disposals and prepayment and accruals.

Good Luck

Shell B
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    very well done shell :)
  • snowmarauder
    snowmarauder Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
    Ive remembered goodwill as Eliminated first as letter E(dr) is before I(cr) Introduced.
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    I just kept going through all the old exam papers again and again.

Youll be fine...GOOD LUCK !
  • emma123
    emma123 Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    the past papers go as far back at 2003 so that gives us plenty of practice which is good :) i started panicking today thinking i knew nothing but a few hours later i was ok again!
  • donnas1977
    donnas1977 Registered Posts: 182 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I am currently going through the past papers too and beginning to panic ever so slightly. The layout of the profit and loss still confuses me at times, am sure plenty of practice and revising it will go in eventually (I hope!!!)

Donna
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘

I'm trying to do one hour per day revision at home on the nights I havent got college - do you think this is sufficient for a major exam?

FRA exam is 3 hours long

You should aim to complete the practice exam paper under exam conditions (note:- no exam pressure) within 2hrs 15 minutes to 2 hrs 30 minutes.

If you can do that 1 hour per day is fine.
  • emma123
    hows revision goin for everyone now?
  • donnas1977
    revision going ok, just keep practising past papers time and time again. Major panic has begun to set in now the exam week is finally here...
  • emma123
    oh me too donna! I really hate studying on sunday's but I feel guilty when I take a short break cos I feel like I should be constantly studying considering the exams in a few days! ahhh
  • donnas1977
    are you doing it as cbe or paper? I am doing cbe.
  • emma123
    doin it on paper!
Privacy Policy