Kaplan turnaround for marking

MWAUGH1983
MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Can someone advise what the time of turn around is for projects - is it 2 or 3 weeks?

Cheers
Martin

Comments

• *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi, I think it should be around 2-3 weeks (Im distance Learning) but mine have taken way longer in the past to mark due to markers being ill, their wife being ill, etc etc.

Give Kaplan a call, I found by regulary bugging them It reminded them to chase on my behalf.

Good Luck.

Jo
  • MWAUGH1983
    Cheers for that.

Well I thought it was around 2 wks and I am sick of emailing the tutor so sent a stearn email yesterday and she sent it to the course manager. She got back to me and said my email was abrupt - didnt think so. I then went onto to list their incompetence and said she didnt run a tight ship!

Would you mind me sendind you the email and you can tell me if you thought the email was abrupt in tone?

Cheers
    Martin
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I had to wait over 3 weeks for Kaplan to mark my Prof Ethics practice simulation, then over 4 weeks for the results of my actual Prof Ethics simulation - that was back in August 2009 - the same reason that the assessor was ill and then his wife.

Hopefully not a long term illness for the assessor and his wife, but it is nearly a year on, so they should really get another assessor to help out and mark if they are still not well.

I found Kaplan very good, apart from errors in the books and the time it takes for any feedback and marking.
  • MWAUGH1983
    I have always found shambolic really - just that what you expect when you pay top money. I mean I had to look on my statement of achievement on my aat to see that my health and safety was competent - I was asking for updates quite regularly and they just weren't getting back to me. Cant wait to get rid of them really!

Cheers
    Martin
  • *Jo
    Cheers for that.

Well I thought it was around 2 wks and I am sick of emailing the tutor so sent a stearn email yesterday and she sent it to the course manager. She got back to me and said my email was abrupt - didnt think so. I then went onto to list their incompetence and said she didnt run a tight ship!

Would you mind me sendind you the email and you can tell me if you thought the email was abrupt in tone?

Cheers
    Martin

I bet it was no where near as abrupt as the one I sent demanding answers as to why I couldnt book my simulations on dates to suit me as I had me sold the course on! That was a long time ago. Any emails you send copy to someone else higher up, that way you find things usually get seen to.

To be fair since all those problems a year or so ago I havent had many since. Any other dealings Ive had have been good............then again I havent had to contact them much lol.

Keep sending the abrupt emails if you think they need it. I have only had to deal with the distance learning team and to be fair it was mainly down to incompetant staff elsewhere that I had problems. The distance learning team have been very good since Ive being with them.
  • MWAUGH1983
    Well I am now with eagle education as I started there last september prior to foundation being complete with kaplan. I basically told them that to say I wont be coming back is an understatement and that I study elsewhere stating there service is a hell of lot better!

I am going to send a letter to their head office and cc the centre manager as that will get them a bit pissed - opps thats the idea!!! Will tell them stop sending their mailings as well lol

What level are you on Jo?
  • *Jo
    Im on Technician Level well Diploma as im doing that route. Just sat BTC, got PTC friday and then just unit 10 and DFS in december subject to passing both taxes.
Privacy Policy