has anyone tried to use the practice CBA on here?

lauram
lauram Registered Posts: 49 Regular contributor ⭐
hey all

ive just been told theres a practice CBA on here for accounts prep one and two, but when it loads up, theres nowhere to scroll onto the next page for the questions etc, any ideas?

Comments

• anniebabe
    anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor 🐘
    morning laura
    just had a look at the fra cba, there should be a scroll bar at the right, are your screen settings correct? can you use your arrow keys?
  • lauram
    thats what i dont have the scroll bar, normally i dont have a problem seeing pages and scrolling down, but for this page its not letting me, im going to try and open it in mozilla, im using IE at the moment
  • lauram
    ok so i have just tried to access this through IE and mozilla, and i get the same thing, i clicked on the CBA for accounts prep one and it took me to another page, the key code or something was already pre printed, so i clicked continue, and also the name field etc was all filled in but not my details but wont let me change that, again i clicked continue, got onto the first screen ok but cannt scroll anywhere for the next page, how do i adjust my screen settings then and what do i adjust them to?

ive never had this problem looking at any other page on the web, always have the scroll bar etc
  • lauram
    ok so i have figured out how to get this to work, such a shame though you dont get to see your answers against the model answers, so id know where i went wrong, i got a pass which is obviously good, but i have no idea which answers were correct and which were wrong
  • mge
    mge Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor ⭐
    lauram, not sure if it helps, but the 'practice assessments' (on the same page as the practice CBAs) have almost identical questions to the practice CBAs (just a few very small differences). The answers are provided for these.
  • lauram
    ah ok maybe i will try them instead then as its annoying not knowing how much i passed by and what i got wrong etc.

i didnt see the old exam papers, only saw the assignments for accounts prep 1 and 2 (plus the others which ive not studied yet) and the CBA for them, not any old exams, will have to go and have a look through again
  • mge
    You should find past papers here:

https://www.aat.org.uk/myaat/qualification/
  • lauram
    thanks for that found one and just had a quick run through it, did the first section, too tired now to carry on tonight, but i am a little baffled, we was given the gross amount, so thats inclusive of vat, and asked to work out the vat amount at 17.5%

me being simple, thought you'd just do XXX times 17.5% giving me the amount the VAT is - im pretty sure that on the CBA i have just done, we had a similar and thats how i worked it out on there, obviously got that wrong then lol

but they do it like XXX divide by 117.5 times 17.5

now in all my studying for unit 5 in the assessments etc, i have never come across doing it this way.

obviously something i have majorly missed there lol
  • mge
    If you are given the gross amount and have to calculate VAT, there are a few ways you can do it.

Presuming a VAT rate of 17.5%, you can:

1. Divide by 117.5, then multiply by 17.5 (as you said)

2. Multiply by 7, and divide by 47 (involves fewer buttons on the calculator)

3. Buy a calculator with a tax buttons. Program in a tax rate of 17.5% before the exam. In the exam all you will have to do is enter the gross amount and press the 'TAX-' button twice. (As far as I'm aware the AAT are fine with you using these calculators in exams, but I'm not absolutely certain about this.)
  • lauram
    Thanks Hun xx
  • sampson
    sampson Registered Posts: 37 Regular contributor ⭐
    Could lauram or anyone else explain how they got the practice CBA to work, I'm having exactly the same problem getting the CBA to work on my home and work computers.

Thanks.
  • lauram
    You have to go to options or tools I think it is and select option full screen
  • twinks01
    twinks01 Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    You can press F11 to go to full screen and then press it again when you finish to go back to normal.
  • sampson
    sampson Registered Posts: 37 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thanks guys, that was really annoying.
  • lauram
    sampson wrote: »
    Thanks guys, that was really annoying.

yeah took me ages to figure that one out lol, its just annoying that we dont get a pass mark at least to find out how good or bad we did, i know i passed, but may of only passed by like 1% and therefore need a lot more practice before the real thing.

my course provider (i do homestudy) are going to give me a practice one before i book the real one, so hopefully with them il actually find out where i went wrong and that
Privacy Policy