daytime tv

A-Vic
A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
omg how bad is daytime been stuck at home and forced to watch j kyle trisha but have to say the worst thing ive watched (funny but disgusting) is Man V Food on digital has anyone ever watched it? that guy must be one step away from a heart attack.

just trying to work out is this man a legend or leg-end
ยซ1

Comments

• PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    its pretty bad, chewing gum for the eyes!
  • crispy
    crispy Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Daytime TV is painful and disturbing, not exactly helpful when you are not feeling too great and certainly makes you want to return to work. Programmes I remember that always seemed to be on during the weekday were Going for Gold, Hawaii 5-0, Murder She Wrote and Diagnosis Murder or something similar...watching them made me feel like banging my head against a wall.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    PGM wrote: ยป
    its pretty bad, chewing gum for the eyes!

:lol: What the hell does that mean? I have never heard that before!
  • A-Vic
    the thing is its bad i mean really bad tv but you end up watching it anyway i have watched all my dvd's twice and refuse to pay the 5.95 for pay for view - anyway back to sofa almost time for dickinsons real deal :(
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    When I was off last year after my knee operation I watched Jeremy Kyle (full of mingers and in-breeds), then This Morning (sometimes ok), then Loose Women (funny) then studied (Boring)!.

Why is it everyone moans about Jeremy Kyle being a load of rubbish but we all watch it when stuck at home! :laugh:
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Why is it everyone moans about Jeremy Kyle being a load of rubbish but we all watch it when stuck at home! :laugh:

Because he's a condescending See you next Tuesday and I pray for the day when I can watch his murder on You Tube.

Did I get my point across?
  • A-Vic
    Because he's a condescending See you next Tuesday and I pray for the day when I can watch his murder on You Tube.

Did I get my point across?

but did you watch him get slapped on utube now thats class watching :lol:
  • blobbyh
    Not yet!
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    :lol: What the hell does that mean? I have never heard that before!

Its a quote from Father Ted, made me laugh, think it refers to using your eyes for something useless.
  • A-Vic
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    A-Vic wrote: ยป

Wouldn't call it a slap, he just ruffled his hair with an envelope. He deserved a slap though, well they all did come to think of it!
  • bumblebee
    bumblebee Registered Posts: 135 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    ) is Man V Food on digital has anyone ever watched it? that guy must be one step away from a heart attack.

just trying to work out is this man a legend or leg-end

I dont that much telly, but end up watching just because others are watching, when i watched him thought he might end up exploding while trying to stuff himself with all that food! What a maniac!
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ

When I was pregnant with Aiden I thought he was the sexiest man alive... ew
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Maybe Aiden will have the hotties for his type when grown up?
  • A-Vic

ok thats a first, ive heard of some weird cravens but thats just plain strange gem :lol:
  • blobbyh
    ive heard of some weird cravens...

... and here's another one:

35ACF007-BBF7-D9E9-9FB093F1F7605945.jpg
  • A-Vic
    ... and here's another one:

35ACF007-BBF7-D9E9-9FB093F1F7605945.jpg

lmao
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    well i was at home 4 weeks due to being sick (hepatatis) so i went from bed to sofa sofa to bed and the tv programmes were bad i ended up most of the time having the picture but mute sound ...then i would drift into sleep ....

after those four weeks i more or less know 600 more recipes (lakes on a plate, saturday kitchen , come dine with me, morning kitchen etc etc ....) i know how to refurbish or buy properties (location location, escape to the country , property ladder, home or away).... and i know who to call if i want to trace my ancestros (heir hunters)....

mind you evening tv sucks as well all the good movies start around 10pm and if it wouldnt be for Strictly come dancing and merlin on saturdays i wouldnt turn up the tv at all!
  • blobbyh
    Maybe controversial to say this, but most free to air TV these days has been demasculated. Mostly job dogers/male-bashing female orientated crap all the way from early morning (Lorraine), right through the afternoon (Loose Trollops) and all the way up to early evening (various soaps). Probably why Sky TV has taken off like it has over the last decade, since it shows a more balanced mix for both sexes.

I'd love to see a male version of 'Loose Women' but we know it'd never get made.
  • zara5034
    zara5034 Registered Posts: 170 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I guess Robert they still think Women are sat at home all day with nothing more than a bit of hoovering to do....if only!!

The only show I like in the daytime is The Wright Stuff on Channel 5.

Zara
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I'd love to see a male version of 'Loose Women' but we know it'd never get made.

Tedious men talking bollocks. Top Gear?
  • blobbyh
    Good point Chris. And let's not forget Andy Townshend - probably the worst football commentator I've ever heard. He either states what's bleeding obvious or comes up with some of the most ridiculous things it's possible to come up with as a football commentator but letting his love of the game ruin his judgement:

"Ooh, what a fantastic shot from a fantastic player!" = a visually decent looking volley from some workhorse that might have been a goal if it was five feet lower, ten feet more towards the middle and the defending team had no goalkeeper.
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    What about Adrian Chiles? he pretty much ruined the world cup for me, and has now proceeded to ruin what used to be a good bit of background tv.

Not to mention that the 'daybreak' studio is so bland and grey, its not the most inspiring thing to look at first thing is it?
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I can highly recommend 'Mr Tumble' on Cbeebies!!!!!!!!! (that's about as good as it gets in our house)
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • blobbyh
    I hate Adrian Chiles. He was just about tolerable on 'The Apprentice' aftershow but a poor fill in for Lineker on 'Crap of the Day'.

'Daybreak' is appalling and just not getting any better... the presenters are bland and the set gaudy. A bastard mix between Big Breakfast wackiness - yawn - and BBC Breakfast Hour - yawn. I like to sometimes go on the Daybreak FB page and troll their boards... and nor am I the only one doing it - there are load of us!
  • zara5034
    zara5034 Registered Posts: 170 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    anniem wrote: ยป
    I can highly recommend 'Mr Tumble' on Cbeebies!!!!!!!!! (that's about as good as it gets in our house)

Yup same here, rarely can I compete with CBeebies, although I quite like chuggington!
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I hate Adrian Chiles.
    I don't really care about his broadcasting talents (or lack thereof), the man's a Baggie so he must be a decent bloke.
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Yup same here, rarely can I compete with CBeebies, although I quite like chuggington!

Chugginton.... Chuggy chuggy chuggy chuggy chugg...ington!! Its impossible not to like :)
  • A-Vic
    Rachey wrote: ยป
    Chugginton.... Chuggy chuggy chuggy chuggy chugg...ington!! Its impossible not to like :)

up early incase you miss it? lol
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    i hate daytime tv, it is the main rwason i work. if i am off sick, i am climbing the walls to get back to work as daytime tv is so bad. they should make it even worse (if possible) to drive the sick, lame and lazy back to work.

tracy
Privacy Policy