any place will do?

Marga
Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
so i want to enter for december exams

now when i go to my aat it says that i am aligned to a centre to do my exam IN KENT!

there is no way i can go there

also it gives you the option to choose other centre as an external student

does that mean that i can just book myself to any centre i want and just turn p that day at the college and take my exam?

Comments

• anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Marga wrote: Β»
    does that mean that i can just book myself to any centre i want and just turn p that day at the college and take my exam?

Yes! You can. I was linked to a centre in Plymouth, which was fine whilst I lived in Launceston, but when I moved to Salisbury it was just a tad impractical.

I took last December exams in Salisbury, only to find that centre had closed for the June sitting .... so then had to go to Southampton and sat the exam at a BPP Centre, at no extra cost, just paid the usual exam fee.
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Marga
    thanks! now the only decision then is to think if i ente myself for the exams or not ....
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    thanks! now the only decision then is to think if i ente myself for the exams or not ....

You'll never pass it if you don't sit it!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    so i want to enter for december exams

now when i go to my aat it says that i am aligned to a centre to do my exam IN KENT!

there is no way i can go there

also it gives you the option to choose other centre as an external student

I have to change mine every time I enter the exams as mine comes up that I will sit them in Immingham. Not even sure where in England it is but I know its 100's of miles away from where I am in Scotland. I always just change it to the College which is only 15 miles away and turn up on the day.

Please enter them Marga you will kick yourself if you dont even try! I am concerned about Business Tax but had already entered for it before I started worrying so just gonna go for it and see what happens. I have seen so many people who dont enter for them and when they look at the paper afterwards say that they could have done it no problem.
  • Marga
    jewels.p wrote: Β»
    I have to change mine every time I enter the exams as mine comes up that I will sit them in Immingham. Not even sure where in England it is but I know its 100's of miles away from where I am in Scotland. I always just change it to the College which is only 15 miles away and turn up on the day.

Please enter them Marga you will kick yourself if you dont even try! I am concerned about Business Tax but had already entered for it before I started worrying so just gonna go for it and see what happens. I have seen so many people who dont enter for them and when they look at the paper afterwards say that they could have done it no problem.

YAY!

Thanks yeah i am entering myself so i am going to kick my ass and study hard :)

i know what you mean that i would be very dissapointed if i dont enter it ....i think i am just going through a down period of time as i have been sick and so ....

I am going to enter now while at lunch time

Thanks for the words of encouragement!
  • jewels.p
    Did you do it then?

You know more than you think Marga (I bet you do)
  • jewels.p
    Just read your other post well done for entering and not giving up! :thumbup:
  • Marga
    jewels.p wrote: Β»
    Just read your other post well done for entering and not giving up! :thumbup:

now ....need to study i feel already with more energy to get on

i think i just needed a kick in the a$$
  • jewels.p
    i think i just needed a kick in the a$$[/QUOTE]

Consider yourself well and truly kicked! :lol:

I am dwindling just now too............so you may have to return the kick soon!
  • zara5034
    zara5034 Registered Posts: 170 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Just a quick point, although I know you've entered yourself for the exams now Marga.

I phoned my local colleges when I did FRA and ECR as HLC entered me in Plymouth which is a 2 hr train ride away, but was the closest venue that they had on the books

One of my local college's wouldn't let me sit there but the other one did for an admin fee of Β£10, which was cheaper than the train ticket to Plymouth.

I also informed the AAT
  • Marga
    zara5034 wrote: Β»
    Just a quick point, although I know you've entered yourself for the exams now Marga.

I phoned my local colleges when I did FRA and ECR as HLC entered me in Plymouth which is a 2 hr train ride away, but was the closest venue that they had on the books

One of my local college's wouldn't let me sit there but the other one did for an admin fee of Β£10, which was cheaper than the train ticket to Plymouth.

I also informed the AAT

thanks Zara, i plan to give the college a call next week to ensure everything is fine.

The hlc had entered me to go to london when i did FRA and ECR and then Kent to do the rest lol however when i did the unit 31 simulation i just went to a centre close by

So how is going Jewels?
Privacy Policy