New accountancy business book

Options
PGM
PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
On the boards, you often hear newly qualified accountants struggling with real world problems, boxes of reciepts, half complete records..

I wondered if there's any text books available that help guide you through these situations?

If not, it could be an idea for a new book!

Comments

• Budgie
    Budgie Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Good idea, maybe you should write one if there isn't one on the market :) My Unit 5 FRA Kaplan book had a good section on incomplete records, but probably doesn't cover everything.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Textbook incomplete records bears no resemblance to a realworld box of receipts! At least it didn't when I was studying.

It's a good idea. "How your technical accountancy knowledge actually works in the real world"
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Textbook incomplete records bears no resemblance to a realworld box of receipts! At least it didn't when I was studying.

It's a good idea. "How your technical accountancy knowledge actually works in the real world"

I work for a company, so I'm shielded from most of the real world stuff.

I'm sure someone like yourself would have a much better of how the book could be done?
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Yeah. Gimme some of that "spare time" shizzle and I'll be right on it. I think it's stocked on the shelf with "rockinghorse poop" :(

It's a good idea, joking aside I do actually fancy it... maybe something for when I've found my other accountant and have him/her doing more of the work and I've got ATT under my belt :-)
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Being new to all this sounds like a really good idea, a down to earth book written by someone in the know
Privacy Policy