Cash Management Exam

Focus888
Focus888 Registered Posts: 46 Regular contributor ⭐
For anyone who has taken this exam or are currently revising for this, can you please let me know if you think i need to cover these areas? as we have never gone through them properly in class and its not on the practice paper online.

When doing a cash budget, special consideration for bad debts, discounts and bank interest? thanks x
Β«1

Comments

• BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hello, Discounts re cash flow budget has come up in a practice one that I've done, but only a tiny bit. I haven't come across bad debt consideration yet in the 3 practice ones I've done. Bank interest in the cash budget I think has been covered.
    When is your exam? Mine is hopefully thurs/fri or early next wk!!

Good Luck x
  • Focus888
    Hi BeccaLou,

My exam is tomorrow afternoon. I took today off to do some extra revision and its making more stress than before.

What practice papers do you have? i have only had the one off the aat website, the one from the osborne workbook and the 15 questions from the osborne websites, none of those questions came up. From those three sources i am pretty confident but after re-reading through my textbook feel like there are areas i have no idea about. x
  • BeccaLouJ9
    I have the osbourne one which somebody on here, very kindly sent me the other day. And I have also done the one from the AAT website. I have a practice one from my BPP book also. I think if its only those 3 things you haven't completely covered then you will definately be fine!! I seem to be getting wrong stupid things- like adding the totals up incorrectly, or writing figures in the wrong boxes and so it not adding up correctly!! I will have to concentrate harder I think! x
  • donnas1977
    donnas1977 Registered Posts: 182 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hiya

am sitting this tomorrow as well. The only paper I have got is the aat one from web and the revision kit that we got from Kaplan. I have not seen bad debts come up at all but I have came across discounts on the credit sales . Not seen bank interest come up but have seen overdraft charges.

Donna
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Good Luck today! To both! x
  • donnas1977
    took this exam and thankfully I passed. I felt that the example paper on the aat site is very different to the way the actual exam. You get 2 hrs to complete this and I thought that it was quite tight, I finished this with 10 mins to spare.

Good luck to all still to site this
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Well done!

So it's different to the one on the AAT site? Is it more layout or content order, that's diff? I haven't done a computer based one yet, so I am not sure what to expect!

Again well done!

x
  • donnas1977
    Layout in general is the same, but my exam I some of the questions I found were quite "wordy". Our tutor said most people had came out and said the same thing. Everyone gets different ones on computer based, a few of the girls said that they weren't quite sure of what the question was asking as it didn't specify dates and wanted you to put figures in certain months etc

Have you got your exam booked?
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Well, I think so! Hopefully Weds! It's all a little confusing- had a bit of trouble with BPP so now doing it through Accountancy+.

The practice one's- I found to be suprisingly un-wordy (<--new to the dictionary!), interesting to hear that..
    x
  • donnas1977
    Am with kaplan and the examples from them were the same, not alot of word questions, lots of calculations. Then the actual exam it all changed.

Good luck am sure you will be fine :)
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Thanks, and well done again!
    x
  • kirstym01
    kirstym01 Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor ⭐
    well done to those of you that took it and passed! I know this is a slight change of topic but we're doing accounts prep 1 exam tomorrow, how different is the real exam to the practise one on the aat site?
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Hello All

I sat SPSW (spreadsheets) on Tuesday this week and I'm sitting cash management on Monday next week and indirect tax at the end of the month! I'll make sure I start reading my course materials in more detail if the questions are wordy!

Re AP1 - If I recall rightly, the actual CBA was very similar to the sample assessment on the AAT website.

Good luck to all who are sitting a CBA soon.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • kirstym01
    wow your really busy at the mo! We are doing ap1 tomorrow and cash management on 5th April, speadsheets 3rd May... nicely spread out! Feeling quite nervous about costs and revs although we haven't got a date for this yet, seems to be so much to remember!

Thanks for your help, I don't feel too bad yet, bet I'll start panicking in the morning!!
  • Jo Clark
    Yes pretty busy this month - I'm calling it Manic March with all the exams and closedown at work.

Hoping to start Level 4 first week of April which I am quite excited about.

If you need any help with Costs and Revenues feel free to contact me directly or post your questions here as there are lots of people here who are more than happy to help you.

Good luck with AP1 - I'm sure you'll do fine :)
    Benjamin Franklin
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Good Luck With your Acs Prep today Kirsty!

And good luck for Monday Jo!
    x
  • Jo Clark
    Thanks Becca

Wish I had more practice questions to attempt today and over the weekend. I will work through what I have and hope for the best on Monday.

Have a good day :)
    Benjamin Franklin
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Wish I could help! I have as much as you do! (Thanks to you! :)) I can only suggest redoing the same practice papers- if you haven't learnt the answers already- until you get it 100%. Thats the prob with new syllabus- nothing to practice on!

You have a good day too.. Lots of beautiful sunshine here!

x
  • Focus888
    Well done on passing!! =)

I took my exam yesterday and i passed yay!! i agree about it being very wordy. It was alot trickier than expected. If you practice the papers you have and read everything from your textbook you will be ok. You just need to understand what they are asking and even though the layout is different you will be fine =) good luck for the exam whenever it is.

About the AP1 exam, mine was pretty much the exact same layout as the practice cba from aat. =) x
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Well done! Everyone is doing so well!!

x
  • kirstym01
    I passed!! Was doubting myself when I had a disposals/part exchange and 2 prepayments, no accruals! Worked through it slowly though and it was fine!

Thanks for your help everyone :)

Goodluck to any of you with exams coming up xx
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Another one! I hope I pass next week or I will be in a minority!

Well Done Kirsty x
  • kirstym01
    Thankyou Becca :) I'm sure you'll do great! Just noticed your from Devon.... where in Devon are you? We're in not so sunny Somerset! x
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Good old Exeter! It is Sunny here right now! However it is still absolutely freezing!! x
  • Jo Clark
    Hello Becca et al

Just sat cash management and am now competent :D

Only Indirect Tax to sit at the end of the month then onto Level 4

Hope you are all well.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Oh well done! So impressed and a little nervous that everyone seems to be passing this!! I have it on Wednesday and shall let you know how it goes! Fingers crossed for myself!! Haha, I have Indirect Tax on the 25th March, what date is yours?

To update my earlier weather report.. It is now- A dull grey sky with very little else!

xx
  • Jo Clark
    All the best for Wednesday Becca - I'm sure you will be fine and look forward to hearing from you!

Did you work through the extra CMGT questions you have? If you have any last minutes questions - mail me :)

I'm due to sit ITX on 28 March...

Weather here is pretty much the same as it is with you!

Chat soon.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Thanks may take you up on that offer whilst revising this evening.. Hopefully not though! :)

Again well done!

x
  • donnas1977
    Well done Jo on Cash Management :). How did you find it?
  • Jo Clark
    Hello Donna

Thank you - only one question I was a little confused by - but attempted it so hopefully achieved some marks. Just waiting to see my statement of achievement update on the AAT site!

When and what CBA are you sitting next?
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy