Clare Finch book on accounting standards

Options
mge
mge Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor ⭐
I am studying for FNST, and am using the Osborne book. I'm wondering whether it's also worth forking out the cash for this book - A Student's Guide to International Financial Reporting Standards

It would be great to hear if anyone found it useful for DFS or FNST. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I brought it and found it useful when studying DFS.

The book is laid out nicely in easy to read sections and uses alot of what I call "plain English" to explain things.
  • reddwarf
    reddwarf Registered Posts: 528 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Good memory aids too and real life examples. V good! But I used it for DFS.
  • mge
    mge Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Many thanks *Jo and reddwarf. It sounds like a good book - I'll order it now :)
  • anniebabe
    anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    ive got that book, its very good.
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    That book makes learning financial statements so much easier - would recommend it! :)
  • Nikdoug
    Nikdoug Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi

I've already completed DFS but can anyone tell me if this will be a good book to have if progressing to aca/acca?
  • anniebabe
    anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I would say that this book would be suitable - the book is sold as an essential reading aid for all students sitting accountancy exams to international financial reporting standards. The book is colour coded and breaks everything down on a need to know basis.
  • Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Having taught financial reporting students in a previous life, I would always recommend that you invest in this book. Text books tend to regurgitate "official" language and terminology whereas this book is more "down to earth".

You can also use it if you are continuing to the Chartered qualifications.

Kind regards
    Steve
Privacy Policy