MIP Licence

jilt
jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Well after 6 weeks of waiting I finally got news that my application has been approved in full.

I thought I'd be ecstactic but it's sort of an anti climax really. Anybody else felt like that?

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hurrah! Congrats!

I was the same as you - I was already practising and had been for a few years when I got mine, so it was like, woohoo, a bit of paper that lets me do what I've done for years :lol:
  • jilt
    Yeah I thinks it, thanks Jenni, feel better already :biggrin:
  • GinnyBee
    GinnyBee Registered, Tutor Posts: 131 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    jilt wrote: ยป
    Well after 6 weeks of waiting I finally got news that my application has been approved in full.

I thought I'd be ecstactic but it's sort of an anti climax really. Anybody else felt like that?

What 6 weeks!!!!

I sent mine last week I was kind of hoping for quicker than that! Is 6 weeks typical?

Can someone tell me if I have to wait until I get my MIP licence before I'm allowed to advertise my practice and take on clients, or can I do it now?

Oh and congratulations on getting yours through Jilt!
  • jilt
    Thanks Ginny. Not sure of that's typical or not, mine was delayed slightly cos I sent my CPD record for 2010-2011 and after 3 weeks they wrote asking me for a planner for 2011-2012. I sent it to them striaght away and after another 3 weeks I called them this morning.

As I have been trading for a few years I was okay to carry on while my application was being considered, you may be best waiting until it comes through so that your sure what services you can offer. But I may just be being too cautious.
  • KaelaH
    KaelaH Registered Posts: 131 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Congrats on the license!
    I think I felt a bit more relieved as, when I got mine, I felt that I could start building a Practice for myself. I'd done small amounts of book keeping up until then but had held off doing anything else.
    Mine only took 4 weeks to come through which I was surprised at as it was over the Christmas period. I guess it depends how many they have in and, like was said above, if they need further info.
    I was even more amazed tho last week as I applied to add a couple more areas to my license and it was approved the next day!
  • payrollpro
    payrollpro Registered Posts: 427 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    May I add my congratulations as well. I think mine took a few weeks as well and I am well known to AAT so I had hoped mine would get a speedy passage. I don't think it happened.

My business is a partnership and I was told, very bluntly, that I could advertise for clients but I was not permitted to carry out any work until all three partners had their licenses. My two partners are ACCA who took nearly 5 months to issue their practicing certificates, yes 5 months!

During that time we had inquiries from people but couldn't officially do anything.

Payrollpro
  • jilt
    Thanks guys. Good grief 5 months!! If I hadn't been able to carry out any work for that long I'd have been ruined.

Maybe I'll get giddy when the actual piece of paper arrives, although my membership certificate is still sat in a cuboard somewhere.
  • Monsoon
    jilt wrote: ยป
    Thanks guys. Good grief 5 months!! If I hadn't been able to carry out any work for that long I'd have been ruined.

Maybe I'll get giddy when the actual piece of paper arrives, although my membership certificate is still sat in a cuboard somewhere.

For goodness sake, get a frame and put it on the wall! ;-) Though I wasn't that excited, it was nice to have something on the office wall at last (though I hung them in a far away corner as i didn't want clients to see that I had only just been licences having worked for them for years haha :lol:)

Payroll pro, thats really harsh!
  • jilt
    For goodness sake, get a frame and put it on the wall! ;-) Though I wasn't that excited, it was nice to have something on the office wall at last (though I hung them in a far away corner as i didn't want clients to see that I had only just been licences having worked for them for years haha :lol:)

That's why it's still in the cupboard! :-)
  • payrollpro
    payrollpro Registered Posts: 427 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Monsoon,

It's worse than that. When my two partners, one of whom is my daughter (I'm giving away my age here!!) queried the time it was taking they were told, firstly, to be patient and secondly that so much time had passed an additional fee was due because they'd increased the charges. If ACCA had dealt with it efficiently we would have saved about ยฃ30.

By the way, are you admitting you were trading without a license? Shame on you! And why are you guys working today?

Payrollpro
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon,

It's worse than that. When my two partners, one of whom is my daughter (I'm giving away my age here!!) queried the time it was taking they were told, firstly, to be patient and secondly that so much time had passed an additional fee was due because they'd increased the charges. If ACCA had dealt with it efficiently we would have saved about ยฃ30.

By the way, are you admitting you were trading without a license? Shame on you! And why are you guys working today?

Payrollpro
    They charged you extra for their delay? Shocking!

I was trading before I was a student. I got my MAAT and my MIP licence at the same time, which was 2 years after I passed all my exams, for various reasons including that darn MAS project!! So no, I was not a MAAT trading without a licence :) and, thank goodness for the AAT's practising rules!

I'm not working, i need to get revising for my ATT exam on Weds, I'm foruming while they sing hymns (yes im watching the wedding!)
  • jilt
    Yep I'm working, and like Jenni traded as a student. Have watched some of the wedding on the PC. Wanted to see the dress, feminine curiosity, and was intriqued by the trees I saw on the news.
  • Monsoon
    The trees in the cathedral were fab, if thats what you mean!

I am now frantically highlighting my Tolleys Yellow and skimming through my text book, trying to suppress feelings of panic!
  • jilt
    Yep that be the trees lol

Don't panic, keep a level head and you'll be fine. Are you am or pm sitting?
  • Monsoon
    AM. Have booked a hotel, dont want to have to get up at early o'clock!!
  • jilt
    Well if I don't speak to you before best of luck, I'm sure you'll be fine. Let me know how you get on x
  • Monsoon
    Thanks hun xx:)
Privacy Policy