Spreadsheets

BeccaLouJ9
BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Anyone else loving this unit? I think it's really good. Most of it is really basic and stuff that I use all the time anyway, but I'm really enjoying it so far!

That's all!

x
ยซ1

Comments

• guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    ENJOY!
    I too like constructing and working with spreadsheets, and its good, when some of the units have been tough, to find one that falls into place better.
    Good luck with the exam,
    GP
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Yeh it is nice! Thanks very much! Have a good Saturday!

x
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I'm looking forward to it next year as something I use at work but are normally set up ready just to fill in will be nidce to do one properly from scratch. Have also booked on a Kaplan day in July on the basics of spreadsheets.

Good luck with the exams!!

x
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hello Becca and janwal

This module is fantastic. I really gives a good understanding of the use and application of spreadsheets - both practical and theory is tested. I really enjoyed this module when I studied it.

Enjoy!
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • janwal
    Hi Jo

Well be prepared if I get stuck I know where to come!!

How is the study going?

Jan
  • Jo Clark
    Hi Jan

I'd be more than happy to help you with any SPSW queries that you may have - I really enjoy working with spreadsheets and lucky for me I use them on a daily basis.

Re my studies - I'm getting there! Level 4 is a big step up from Level 3 - as many people here have said before. I have my first CBA soon and am a little anxious...

Take care of yourself and chat soon.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • guinea pig
    Hi BeccaLou,
    If you want another challenge, there is an ECDL Advanced spreadsheet qualification. I tried this a couple of years ago, although I failed the exam, I learnt loads. Am hoping to have another go sometime - all helps on a cv, or for cpd.
    Best wishes,
    GP
  • Jo Clark
    Hiya GP

I studied the Advanced ECDL and tried to obtain an exemption from SPSW however this was not granted.

However having this qualification behind me certainly helped with the SPSW module.

:)
    Benjamin Franklin
  • janwal
    Hi Jo

I have the ECDL qualification as well, and I have booked to go and do a 1 day course with Kaplan on spreedsheets in July as we were offered free places, so fingers crossed hopefully that may be one module I can do.

Jan :001_smile:
  • Jo Clark
    Hi Jan

I'm sure you will find the SPSW module fairly straight forward having completed the ECDL.

Hope all your other studies are progressing well.

Chat soon.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Hey GP,

I shall have a look-see! I do enjoy Spreadsheets, have completed the study book for this unit now and Love new things I learnt!! So many random and interesting things to do on Excel that I didn't know about as well as all the bits I did!

Hope everyone's studying is going well!

Jo how was your day of revision yesterday?

xx
  • Jo Clark
    Hey Becca

It was good thanks - managed to complete three practice papers. Have a few more to do before CBA day so fingers crossed!
    Benjamin Franklin
  • jojo1979
    jojo1979 Registered Posts: 75 Regular contributor โญ
    Hi Jo

Just a quick message to let you know i have private messaged you

Jox
  • Jo Clark
    Hi Jo

Thanks for message - will reply later or over weekend - I'm tired after the week I've had :)
    Benjamin Franklin
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Doubt you could top mine... I had a car crash yesterday! Car is a total write off! Internet has been down all day at work :. no emails etc. Tried booking SPSW project for about 2hrs today with no luck- ended up having to buy a course that I don't need just to do the exam! Very aching all over and I have a lovely bruise from the seatbelt!!

Hope everyone else had a fab week though :)

x
  • Jo Clark
    Oh Becca

Sorry to hear about your accident - hope you are ok other than the bruise you have.

Will mail you direct later.

x
    Benjamin Franklin
  • freck59
    freck59 Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor โญ
    Spreadsheet online assessment

Sorry to hear about your car crash... thats horrible news.

I'm sorry but I'm not feeling the love for the spreadsheet assessments! I work with spreadsheets and am really confident about them but I did my assessment this week and it was the absolute pits! It took the whole two hours and I estimate I was actually working on the assessment for about half that time. The rest was downloading, saving and uploading the blimmin' thing and trying to 'transfer' the information.

Our adjudicator watched us all struggling with trying to transfer the info and sent the data to print so we could have it in front of us. Bit late for me though as I'd already handwritten the info onto a scrap of paper by that stage. I felt really sorry for those who'd studied really hard for the actual spreadsheet side of things only to become unstuck on saving and uploading them to the website - which isn't as straighforward as it sounds!

I really feel like we're the Guinea Pig year with all these buffering CBA's and dreadful layouts!
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Oh no, that's rubbish! Do you feel like the actual assessment was ok though once it was all uploaded? Or did the trouble with up/downloading/trf etc make it difficult to do the actual thing?

Alot of people have had problems and alot of people feel the same as you re being the Guinea Pig year.. Fortunately I havent had a problem yet (cross fingers!) You'd have thought it would be sorted by now..

I hope your Spreadsheets comes back as a pass, sorry for all your trouble.. but there's nothing to be gained from worrying about it now!! Enjoy your weekend and think about it when you get your result back.. (Pass hopefully!!!)

Have a good evening!

B x
  • guinea pig
    Hi Becca,
    Sorry to hear about your accident, hope that the aches and pains are settling down.
    I took the spreadsheet exam in early February and it was a nightmare! I was more worried about the downloading, uploading etc than the actual questions. I was the first one at my college to sit it, and the only one taking it at that session, and the invigilator watched whilst I uploaded etc. I was not impressed a couple of days later when my tutor told me that one question had not uploaded, (I knew I had done it all) and I would have to do the whole exam again. I whinged, and the exams department sorted it for me, soon the AAT confirmed that I had passed. I still don't know if they found the lost question, or if I managed to pass just on the other questions alone. Anyway, this has happened again to one of my group, there obviously is a problem, and we are testers for the new system, hence my name!
    I would suggest, if it is possible, to ask if when doing the exam you can print off every answer, then the college could retain the copies in case there is a problem.
    I've just finished level 3, and want to get started on level 4, at least I have a colleague in my office just finishing level 4 on the new standards, so its been tested!
    Have a good day,
    GP
  • jojo1979
    Hi Jo.

Ok no worries hope everything is ok and your week hasnt been too bad.

x
  • jojo1979
    Hi Becca

so sorry to hear about your accident i do hope you are ok and it wasnt too bad.

After reading yours and GPs thread im am dreading the spreadsheet CBA, i have it on the 28th of June and wasnt looking forward to it anyway but even more so now lol

Joxx
  • Jo Clark
    Jo, you'll be fine.

You have 2.5 hours (if I recall correctly). I think the main thing that worried me was reading the question properly - uploading is not too bad - however I guess with the various IT problems some students may have encountered a few problems. Once again, you know where I am :)
    Benjamin Franklin
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Oh goody, this sounds like it's going to be interesting! I am not sure when I will be sitting mine as I have had to buy a whole course from BPP just to book the exam. They sold me the book, why would they not let me take the exam? I am so confused.. All the providers we asked have said that you need to be on a course and the exam can't just be taken by an external student... Why sell me the book to learn from then?

Anyway slightly off point, I am slightly concerned now that this is not going to go well, but heyho can't be helped.

Have a good day everyone, and thanks for your kind words. I am absolutely fine now! (Just carless!)

Becca x
  • Stanford892
    Stanford892 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    How long does it take for the results to come back?
  • Jo Clark
    How long does it take for the results to come back?

I was lucky and received mine the next day! However I do believe that you are advised that it is four weeks - 2 for the assessor and 2 for the internal verifier.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Focus888
    Focus888 Registered Posts: 46 Regular contributor โญ
    Hi Becca, sorry to hear about your accident, hope you are ok.

Can i ask those who completed their exams if it covered everything in the books? i am struggling to understand Embedding and Linking, struggling with the freeze pane exercise in the book and pivot tables :(
  • pirate
    pirate Registered Posts: 469 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi guys
    just a note on this spreadsheets stuff as its assessed by Computer Based Project I have heard that work place evidence can also be submitted. This is what I would have done if I was going to do it since my tutor knows that I know spreadsheets really well. I have however completed under the old standards so don't need it
    It just might be worth asking your colleges if this is an option
  • AAT Level 3
    AAT Level 3 Registered Posts: 75 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    How do some people get their marks back the next day?

I had my exam on Friday and I am already bored of waiting.

Also it doesn't make it clear. Do you have to get 70% in Tasks 1 and 2 or is it marked as a whole.

I have to say I found the exam fine but the fitting the spreadsheets to one page, putting a header and footer and the uploading part was rather tedious.
  • BeccaLouJ9
    I took mine on the 20th June and haven't had result yet!
    B x
  • katie2008
    katie2008 Registered Posts: 294 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Also it doesn't make it clear. Do you have to get 70% in Tasks 1 and 2 or is it marked as a whole.
    QUOTE]

Just to clarify, that you have to obtain 70% + of the marks in section 1, and also 70% + of the marks in section 2.
Privacy Policy